Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Last week of work
    #4152648 -

This is my last week of employment at the campus newspaper where I have been employed the last 6 years. 3 years as a student and 3 years post-graduation as a "professoinal". The thing I'll miss most is the blazing-fast University internet connection. I've downloaded sooo many shows the past few years.

I am the IT guy for a 14,000 issue a day newspaper. I maintain 2 servers, 45 computers, and 5 networked printers. Anything else that gets plugged in I tend to have to take care of, too. My boss was supposed to be hiring a replacement, but that doesn't seem to have happened yet (since my boss was on vacation last week!).

As the hired geek for the bast 6 years, I don't know what this place will do when they don't have me here to fix their shit.

Next week I will continue moving out of my current apt into a buddies... then be a bum... blowing glass with my friends and hopefully travelling arouind to visit some friends before I get married and move to Maui in July.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Last week of work [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #4154561 -

The paper will not be able to survie without you! I really don't know what they'll do short of hiring you on an hourly scale to make their printers and email accounts work for them :wink:

Here's cheers to you leaving a wonderful legacy, and some super big shoes to fill  :cheers: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :spliff:


--------------------
Life's a journey. Take the scenic route.

        :sun: :heart: :heart: :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* im going to try and hack peoples networks and printers, and make them give me money what do you tink
( 1 2 all )
ZippoZM 3,787 26 06/17/05 06:00 AM
by trendal
* Is thier some sort of law about cats and newspaper? Phychotron 609 5 11/26/04 09:14 AM
by beejay
* Comfortably Numb ,on "week long" acid trip CaptainH13 2,474 8 11/24/04 06:08 AM
by kosmic_charlie
* What a week! Jared 934 5 04/21/03 09:15 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Thailand in under 3 weeks! Roger_irrelevant 864 4 10/16/03 07:30 PM
by f8L
* Good Week Coming Up reidy_vancolo 592 3 07/31/04 03:36 PM
by reidy_vancolo
* stoned on a week night!
( 1 2 all )
notapillow 2,120 39 08/25/04 11:46 PM
by Phishgrrl
* Started school this week
( 1 2 all )
Lightningfractal 1,528 20 08/17/04 08:27 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
478 topic views. 4 members, 59 guests and 257 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.