Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
hearing voices??
    #4147819 - 05/07/05 05:44 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

over the past few months i've been hearing audible voices talking, mostly jibberish, but than it says things as if it was my own thoughts, describing what i'm doing, like "i'm now picking the remote up, pressing the buttuns,," etc etc,, or if not describing what i'm doing, it's asking me why i'm doing this "why are you picking up the remote? why are you pressing the buttons?" etc etc..alot like i would hear on a salvia trip..i've heard muffle sound of noise's (for example a tv on in the other room, you can hear it, but cant make out what there saying) and it would be saying things about me, speaking my thoughts and what not..

i've heard them now and than for years, but it's really getting worse, honestly i'm not worried about it as you might think i should be, i'm pretty it's just my brain screwing around and I even laugh when i hear them, i dont think there "real" or anything, it's not like i would act out what they tell me to do if they ever were to tell to kill or anything like that..

like today at work, i was scanning some stuff (i'm a cashier) and i heard voices just taunting me and i was about just scream at them, i held back though, thats what got me worried, i'm afraid there gonna commit me if i freak out or something, or i would loose my job or something, which does'nt sound like fun at all to me.

is there some pills i can get a script for by a dr. that might help, or something, maybe?

i'm also curious to hear if anyone else hear hears voices like i'm describing?

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleadoseofparn0z
Eye Opener
 User Gallery

Re: hearing voices?? [Re: JCoke]
    #4147859 - 05/07/05 06:11 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I've heard of heavy marijuana use inducing schizophrenic and bipolar like effects in some people. A couple of friends of mine as well as myself often experience things similar to what you're describing, and we've all done heavy doses of various salvia extracts within the past year as well. We've noticed a connection between the frequency of marijuana use and these "feelings" or whatever you call them though, I dunno if it's the same for everyone though. I'm sure some people are more likely to have these thoughts from any type of psychedelics/hallucinogens than others. As long as you don't start listening to the voices I as well think it'll be alright. To my knowledge, none of my friends or myself have listened to the thoughts that occur, but what startles me is the possibility that if it did happen I might not remember it. Seems strange, but I'm pretty sure if I stop smoking it'll go away. You might try taking a break if you're a heavy smoker as well.

--------------------
For a reliable vendor with high quality merchandise at a great price, try BBB

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
    #4147863 - 05/07/05 06:13 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Very odd. I'v had similar things happen to me. It stopped for me but I think it might have been the amount of drugs you use in a certain amount of time. Have you been on alot of stuff latly?

--------------------

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #4147866 - 05/07/05 06:13 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

That sounds like a serious mental problem you've got yourself there. I mean, that's usually what starts serial killers on their sprees and whatnot. I have no idea how you make imaginary voices go away but you probably want to tell a doctor about it sooner rather than later.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4147876 - 05/07/05 06:17 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, you really should see a doctor about that. And lay off the drugs, especially if you're doing a lot of them....

Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4147880 - 05/07/05 06:19 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I often hear voices "out of the corner of my ear" from friends or other people I know even though they aren't there. Sometimes I'll hear someone say my name when no one is around. :shrug:

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Re: hearing voices?? [Re: newuser1492]
    #4148048 - 05/07/05 07:23 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

That's somewhat normal, especially if you smoke some really stoney indica. The voices I'm talking about are constant and tell you crazy stuff like the police are listening to your thought or to kill yourself. When that happens, it's time to worry....

InvisibleLysergium
Shroom
Loc: Canada
Re: hearing voices?? *DELETED* [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4148178 - 05/07/05 08:11 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Lysergium

Reason for deletion: fr

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Re: hearing voices?? [Re: Lysergium]
    #4148417 - 05/07/05 09:34 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If you're addresing me, I take Seroquel for it, which helps a great deal. Benzos can calm one down, but they're ineffective for things like that....

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: hearing voices?? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4149930 - 05/08/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Take into account when you started hearing the voices. Generally speaking schizophrenia symptoms arise in very late adolescence (around the 20's).

Voices alone won't satisfy the criteria for full blown schizo. and it sounds as if you are completely functional (e.g. holding a job, etc.). As far as medicine is concerned an antipsychotic may help. As toliet said seroquel is a good example. From my knowledge seroquel is a relatively "mild" antispychotic and would be good for someone who isn't completely off the rocker. Good luck (and try going easy on the drugs too).

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: badchad]
    #4150666 - 05/08/05 04:10 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

this is just normal!

this is how thought are givven! etc etc..
man i give up! i give in and i give out!

Have a good one! :wink:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: newuser1492]
    #4150747 - 05/08/05 05:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

cb9fl said:
Sometimes I'll hear someone say my name when no one is around. :shrug:

that happens to me sometimes.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Invisiblebudsicle
s?igh?tsee?r

Re: hearing voices?? [Re: TODAY]
    #4150993 - 05/08/05 06:56 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

as others have mentioned.. if your smokin lots of weed or generaly doin lots of drugs u might wanna consider cuttin down

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: budsicle]
    #4151390 - 05/08/05 08:59 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I used hear voices , too. It happened to me when I was paranoid, anxious, and nervous.

I used to think that my friends were really talking about me whenever I heard the voices. I was suspicious about their reality, but I tended to beleive that I was actually hearing my friends talking bad about me. I realized that the voices were caused by feeling uncomfortable around my friends and worrying about my self worth. I noticed the voices were fake for sure when I was alone inside my truck with the doors shut and I heard my bro talking to his girlfriend about me. It sounded perfectly like his voice and I beleived it for a second. Then I realized how stupid it was and decided not to zone out and let those voices even come to mind. And when I do hear them, I just realize that they're fake and tell myself to stop worrying. I don't hear them anymore.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #4151954 - 05/08/05 11:10 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

What you first explained (with the remote) is third person thinking and is totally normal. Have you ever been complimented on having a good imagination when you where a kid? Also knowing how your brain works thoughts are all connected to each other and can be triggered through different emotions/experiences. Your mind is a very powerful thing! Its not always going to be 100 percent stable. Just like everything it has its glitches. Like ToiletDuk said you shouldn't worry until you start hearing things that effect your actual reality.

Invisibleadoseofparn0z
Eye Opener
 User Gallery

Re: hearing voices?? [Re: p4kSouL]
    #4152295 - 05/09/05 01:30 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah for me it seems like my conscience telling me something, but a little bit closer to like what you see in a movie. I'm pretty sure it's alright since I've noticed no interference so far.

--------------------
For a reliable vendor with high quality merchandise at a great price, try BBB

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #4152848 - 05/09/05 09:33 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

NIACINAMIDE
!!!
!!
!

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: gnrm23]
    #4153637 - 05/09/05 02:20 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, while it's not normal per se, what is normal anyway? If the voices start keeping you awake at night, or interfering with your life then I would see a doctor. Take a break from drugs and relax.

OfflineBlueOrb
prototype
Loc: The fourth dimension
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: discoabe]
    #4157540 - 05/10/05 12:50 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hi, I'm a psychiatric nurse, and from what you are describing, its sounds as if you have some form of psychosis.

From what you have said, you have coped well with this so far, but if the voices are starting to now effect you in a negative manner, or are causing you distress, I should seek help from your Doctor. I don't believe that you will be carried off to the "Nut House" or any other institution for that matter. Mental health is approached in a very positive manner these days, and treatment revolves around patient empowerment. I believe that your Doctor would prescribe an A-typical anti-psychotic such as Olanzapine/Quetiepine or even Clozapine. I imagine that you would then be refered to a psychiatrist, seen as an outpatient for further assessment and treatment.
Try not to worry, and seek some form of help as soon as possible.

If you are too frightened to visit your Doctor, then get in touch with one of the self help/support groups for advice.

What country are you living in?

I am in the UK, I can give you some useful numbers to contact if you are UK based too. Just PM me.

HTH

Take care,

Matthew

--------------------
"They are trying to build a prison, for you and me to live in"

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Re: hearing voices?? [Re: BlueOrb]
    #4157645 - 05/10/05 01:17 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

BlueOrb, it's great to see a professional opinion about this. We all appreciate it! :laugh:

JCoke: To add, psychiatric care pretty much the same here in the US. You WON'T be involuntarily commited to a Psych Hospital unless you threaten to hurt/kill yourself or another, so if you're worried about that, please don't be afraid to get help....

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order