Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleambros
Stranger
"el shock" when going to sleep after trip
    #4131723 - 05/04/05 08:53 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

twice after tripping ive got a sort of electric shock in my brain when falling asleep. It last for less than a second, I then get awake instantly. The first time it happened it reapeted itself 6times (over 2hours) before i could get to sleep. Second time it reapeted perhaps 3times.

First time it happened i became really scared about it never ending and was desperate to get some sleep.

Anyone experienced this or know what it is?

Ive never used any other drug. It happened like 7-9hours after ingesting.

The shock which is mild is not in the whole brain.

Edited by ambros (05/04/05 09:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "el shock" when going to sleep after trip [Re: ambros]
    #4131727 - 05/04/05 08:56 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Are you talking about mushrooms or LSD?

Are you sure you weren't just "tripping"?

If you are sure you weren't, I would stay away from these substances for a while (few months), and then maybe try a small dose and see if the same thing happens.

I'm not a doctor though.

Edited by myndreach (05/04/05 08:56 AM)

Invisibleambros
Stranger
Re: "el shock" when going to sleep after trip [Re: myndreach]
    #4131768 - 05/04/05 09:12 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

mushrooms, liberty caps Ps. semilanceata

I was no longer tripping. Head was clear when thinking, just really tired.

Was (mild?)level3 trips

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
    #4132033 - 05/04/05 10:37 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

This shock you are describing, is it similair to a ice cream brain freeze, but more centralized? Like you can feel an electrical bolt in a particular area?

Invisibleambros
Stranger
Re: "el shock" when going to sleep after trip [Re: Holydiver]
    #4132264 - 05/04/05 11:32 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

never had a ice cream brain freeze so dont know. It feel like it starts in a small point and then expand like 2,5cm in radius. I think this must be like the explosion in these threads:
My *body buzz* on shroom. anyone else?
Has anyone ever had the "flash" while on mushrooms?
"....The first time it happend to me was the first time i took shrooms and i was trying to go to sleep after my trip (i guess i was still tripping a little) but every time i would get all realxed and stuff it would jsut sent this huge shock through my body and it scared the fuck out of me...i thought i had a heart attacl or soemthing..."

but these people seem to feel it in their spine and body to. I just had a typical suddenawake reflection in my body.

I now remember that I a few times has experienced something similar completly sober when going to sleep. But then together with the vision becoming entirely black or white and being able to sleep well after it has happened once.

Perhaps its the same thing just more sweeping on shrooms. I think I next time will take mushroom early at the day and see if I can avoid it then.

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
    #4132820 - 05/04/05 01:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i get that occasionally. Always when sober. Not that i trip much, although i dont think ive ever had it when drunk either
it's real wierd. You're lying there and Bam! feels kinda like you just had a mild electric shock that jolted your whole body. It's sort of like an amplified shiver, except it starts somewhere different to where shivers usually come from, it's not the same. And seemingly random.

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: "el shock" when going to sleep after trip [Re: newjon]
    #4132981 - 05/04/05 01:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I think I know what everyone is talking about, I have experienced this type of shock but it only happens after some type of activity with my jaw. Be it streching or yawning and such, these sometimes can give me a mild pain. :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: "el shock" when going to sleep after trip [Re: Kerr]
    #4133182 - 05/04/05 02:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i get somthing like this. after tripping on lsd i wil be coming down about to go to sleep, and all a sudden it feels like i had been dropped 10 stores in a matter of less than a second and then halted. a surge through my head... very weird.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Loc: Nowhere fast
Re: "el shock" when going to sleep after trip [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4133226 - 05/04/05 02:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It's called a myopic shock, and can manifest itself in a number of ways. Typically, it happens when you shift rapidly from one state of conciousness to another. It's the same sensation as jolting awake during a dream in which you fall from something or get hit by something. I've noticed it can also happen while you're trying to fall asleep- must be something like the body realizing that the mind isn't functioning the way it expects it to be, or something to that effect. I have gotten the whole body jolt while tripping before, it is pretty damn weird.

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

Invisiblechirogost
stranger? thanwhat?

#4139412 - 05/05/05 07:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Here's another thread I started last year on what sounds like the same phenomenon:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/3230155#Post3230155

I never did find out what the actual cause was.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: "el shock" when going to sleep after trip [Re: chirogost]
    #4139742 - 05/05/05 09:17 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I'm not completely sure what you're talking about, but if I'm anything like you I've experienced this only when I'm really tired and going to sleep.

I got it last night for the first time in about a month.  It felt like there was a buzzing in my head which got louder and louder and I also got mild CEVs, along with that buzzing flowing through my entire body... it's kinda creepy but when it happend I told myself to let it flow and not to panik, just to ride it out, and not to wake up (just to see what happens  :tongue:)  And sure enough, it went away after a few seconds and I felt nice and relaxed after, and I had also just stepped into a lucid dream.
This wasn't the first time... weird how the brain works...

Oh yea... my body is always frozen when this happens.  I believe it's called sleep paralysis, but with the above added to it.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Edited by Ginseng1 (05/05/05 09:19 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates