Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Fruity Loops voices
    #4093105 - 04/24/05 08:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hey, does anybody know where I can download some instrument packs or something for Fruity Loops? I'd like to have some good guitar sounds, maybe some horns and woodwinds and maybe some good synths that don't sound completely cheesy. I like working with Fruity Loops but i'm kinda disappointed with the limited voices offered with it. I'm using version 3.5.6. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Later!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
Re: Fruity Loops voices [Re: Viveka]
    #4093240 - 04/24/05 09:21 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Get Soundforge or Adobe Audition, and sample things digitaly.

Make sure to turn off all CD/DVD players because they have a loud noise floor. (do this by muting them in the start bar. at the right of the start bar, go to the volume control, right click and select open volume control)

Use public doman stuff (old things no one is making money off of) that you can find at www.archive.org

=)

Fruty loops is a great program, you just have to do EVERYTHING for you're self. Don't use any of the samples that come with the program, find you're own!

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Fruity Loops voices [Re: Anisotropic]
    #4093320 - 04/24/05 09:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

So you're saying I should use a wav editor to sample a sound that i like in some recording? I wonder how effective goldwave would be for that purpose since that's what I'm surrently using as a .wav editor. Seems like it could be tricky to capture one clear note that you could drop into a piano roll. But, hey ,thanks for the advice, I'm gonna experiment with this!

I think I'll still use the drum sounds in Fruity Loops. The 'Realistic' kit sounds damn nice and with pitch changes, you can get a wide varity of good drum sounds. I play drums so for some things i just record a part and drop it into Acid or something maybe after I tweak it with some effects in my sampler. I don't mind the basses in Fruity Loops so much either.

Long live experimental music!

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4093434 - 04/24/05 10:17 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, but the more built in stuff you use, the more you sound like just anyone that has the program.

What do you mean one clear note that you could drop in to a piano roll?

With digital recording there should be no loss in fidelity, if there is you're doing something wrong.

As long as it has a 'record' mode you should be fine.

If you need me to go over clicks, just ask.

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Fruity Loops voices [Re: Anisotropic]
    #4093790 - 04/24/05 11:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

What do you mean by 'clicks'?

Yeah, you're right about using the built-in sounds, if i was gonna release something i could always just swap out the drum notes for something i sampled.

What I meant about dropping a note in a piano roll.....like say i found a good saxaphone sound. And in the recording there was a point where a single note was played and sustained. I would want to capture that note so I could use it in piano roll mode, then i'd have the whole scale in multiple octaves derived from that note. I'd also like to be able to have the note play with different durations depending on how long the note marker in the piano roll was ,as opposed to it just being triggered like a sample.

I've already started messing around. I sampled some fripp guitar and some KMFDM guitar. The crimson guitar worked awesome, a quarter note, used it for a rhythmic part. The kmfdm guitar wasn't as usefull as it was a three second sustain and every note i placed on the piano roll played the entire sample...the problem i mentioned above.

So this opens up a lot of things. Very cool!

Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
    #4093880 - 04/25/05 12:08 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If you have the ability to use torrents or p2p stuff, download fruity loops version 5 it comes with quite a bit of stuff

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4094232 - 04/25/05 05:03 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Okay, when in fruity loops.

1. Open up the Channel Settings for you're sample by clicking on it.

2. Under the first set of knobs from the tob, there is 4 boxes that say
SMP INS MISC FUNC

Click on INS

3. Under that there is a box that says Envelope, with 6 knobs under it.

Turn them in this order, 1 being the left most knob, 6 being the right most.

1 nothing
2 all the way to the left.
3 " "
4 nothing
5 all the way to the right.
6 all the way to the left.

This configuration makes it so that the sample only plays for as long as the duration of the note in the Piano Roll.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom