Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Help with Spawn / Substrate Ratios please
    #4080345 -

Hola. . .

I'm completely new to the bulk game... done a bunch of PF grows with varying degrees of success. Mostly a good turnout though. H-Poo interests me but this sounds pretty decent also.

Since I'm new to the bulk game.. I don't know how much spawn to use per pound of HMC or even H Poo. I've read some TEK's but they say something to the effect of "Add 30% of spawn to 70% poo" or some sort of ratio.

I'm also new to grains.. so the WBS I'm using.. I'm not sure will turn out or not. First time for this also. I've followed a good TEK and believe it will be a success. They're 1QT jars filled about 65% of the way with WBS.

Getting a rough estimation on about how much spawn I'd need (I'd probably attempt to make more shortly) would help me guess how much HMC I might need.

Sorry for the long winded explanation, thanks for the help,



Sammy


--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help with Spawn / Substrate Ratios please [Re: Sammy]
    #4080357 -

For H/poo about 25% ratio works great.  I used to use a single mycobag of rye to 10 LBS. compost and it worked well, it was probably a quart worth of spawn, if that.

More is better of course, because you cut down on colonization times which is all around helpful.  So shoot for  25% spawn to poo/compost if you have the spawn material.

Hope that helps :smile:


--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help with Spawn / Substrate Ratios please [Re: Holydiver]
    #4080367 -

Thank you very much. I'm assuming even if the 1QT jars I'm using dont work... Roughly 10 PF jars would do the same.

Thanks

Sammy


--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help with Spawn / Substrate Ratios please [Re: Sammy]
    #4080381 -

Yep, PF jars will work too. 10 1/2 pint jars would be more like 2.5 quarts, plenty of spawn material.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help with Spawn / Substrate Ratios please [Re: Holydiver]
    #4080554 -

Nicely put. I'm on it all.

Sammy


--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Can I use *spent* dung to spawn on some compost? Gthirteens 1,084 4 02/06/03 07:51 PM
by Gthirteens
* help with spawned substrate cheesenoonions 951 1 11/14/02 07:16 PM
by Skikid16
* Bulk substrates: Manure/compost vs. Straw Olgualion 3,287 5 12/14/01 10:22 AM
by Olgualion
* hydrated lime substrate ratio? charvo 2,121 4 07/10/03 02:19 PM
by george castanza
* substrate ratios.... PhilO'Cybin 2,539 3 12/27/02 04:33 AM
by djd799
* spawn/substrate questions Amoeba665 3,130 1 09/02/01 05:29 PM
by Anno
* mushroom compost
( 1 2 all )
killswitch 14,803 36 01/20/03 02:59 PM
by Roadkill
* Spawn Ratio bulk SixTango 5,856 14 03/15/03 11:25 PM
by d1giPhux

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,306 topic views. 12 members, 116 guests and 269 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.