Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesealegs
Stranger
Drying Methods Help
    #4071778 - 04/19/05 08:08 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I looked on the site to try to find the drying methods. I was wondering can you jsut put a fan on them in a dark place and keep the fan gogin till there dry ? Or another method i heard of is takign tin foil and putting them outside and letting the sun dry them. These are 2 methods i heard of. Is there soemthign easier ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Drying Methods Help [Re: sealegs]
    #4071781 - 04/19/05 08:10 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #4071852 - 04/19/05 08:44 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

American Harvest Nesco brand dehydrator is the best drying tek in existance.

--------------------

Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

Re: Drying Methods Help [Re: agar]
    #4071869 - 04/19/05 08:49 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

^^^got to agree with that;
< had almost built an elaborate frame to
to house a fan and a series of trays-
man, i would have been kicking my ass:whack:

--------------------

OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: Drying Methods Help [Re: psilocyben]
    #4074456 - 04/19/05 08:26 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I agree, and it is expandable.

--------------------
If you cut off my head, what would I say? Me and my head, or me and my body?

Offlinekratomboy
Drifter
 User Gallery

Loc: Nevada
    #4074573 - 04/19/05 08:53 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Here's my method of drying, quick and easy if you've got a hepa filter... but could be implimented with other air blowering devices:

1)Get a small HEPA filter with the exhaust on top. I got one at walgreens for around $40.

2) wrap a layer of gause around the device covering the exhaust.

3) wrap your wet material in some more gause. not much, but enough to keep it all together.

4) place wraped material on gauze covered exhaust. (if you have problems with the wrapped material getting blown off, press the wrapped gause to the gause on the HEPA filter. Gause will stick together pretty well when pressured.)

5) turn it on! My filter has 2 settings: low and high. On high my stuff drys to an ALMOST snap dry overnight. On low it takes maybe half a day. In any case, it's pretty damn quick.

6) finish drying with desiccant. I usually keep the bundle wrapped up and just place it directly on some damp-rid. If you have it wrapped 3 or 4 times the damp-rid shouldn't touch the material.

That's my way. But I live in arizona, so my RH is usually pretty dry. Climated with a higher humidity may take longer to blow dry.

OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #4074601 - 04/19/05 08:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

My method:

Wrap shrooms in polypropelye (dark thermal t-shirt) and hang in front of a window fan for several hours. Then, wrap in newspaper in place in a closed container with Damp rid on the bottom.

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

OfflineTokagekobushi
Low RankingPsychonaut

Loc: Blitzed out of my skull
Re: Drying Methods Help [Re: schmutzen]
    #4074627 - 04/19/05 09:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

dude.
All of you guy's tek's sound nice, but mine, to me, is much less complicated.

All I do, is put the freshly picked shrooms on a screen above a small bowl of Damp Rid. I have a small desk fan blowing on them just soft enough not to blow them around, and cover up the whole box (plexiglass lined cardboard box)
leave that on for a day and you got yourself some bone dry shrooms.

--------------------
"Mans unfailing capacity to beleive what he prefers to be true, rather than what evidence proves to be likely and possible, has always astounded me. We longe for a caring universe that will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary, we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest doubts. God hasnt been proven not to exist, therefore, he must exist!"

"Einstein would turn over in his grave! Not only does God play dice, but the dice are loaded."

"Some would ask, Why would a perfect god create a universe that if filled with so much evil. They have missed a greater conumdrum. Why would a perfect god create a universe at all?"

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Drying Methods Help [Re: Tokagekobushi]
    #4075383 - 04/20/05 12:22 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

When you are trying to desiccate a bulk grow, you can't use just damprid unless you happen to have a 50-gallon drum of it. A bulk grow of say a 3'x1' can easily produce 7-10 pounds of mushroom on the FIRST FLUSH. How the heck are you going to use damprid alone to desiccate them?

Use a $10 window fan, a $8 Breeze Machine fan, and a $2 mesh laundry bag. Load up the shroom in the laundry bag. Put the large window fan on four bricks blowing up and put the laundry bag of mushrooms on the fan. A typical fan can hold about 10 pounds of shrooms before the plastic starts to scrape the blade assembly. If you have more, you can blow the fan sideways and hang the laundry bag up in front of the fan or whatever.

After about one to three days of that (depends on how dry it is out), you'll probably have to finish it off with a desiccant and a smaller fan (Breeze Machine works well). Use a small Breeze Machine fan that can blow upward easily. Cut a bucket up to make a forced-air drier of sorts (think jet engine):

Now, get a brute trashcan or other trashcan with an air tight lid and put the fan inside. Pour about an inch of kitty litter around the fan on the bottom of the trashcan (this soaks up the liquid calcium chloride), cover that with about 1/2 inch of damprid, run the cord out of a hole in the lid, put the lid on, tape over the hole and the cord, plug the fan in, and dry them the rest of the way. With a fan in the desiccant chamber, this stage takes no more than 1 to 2 days. There you go, pounds of mushrooms dry in no time without using any heat!

Edited by Blue Helix (04/20/05 12:27 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies