Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Does Art Always Have a Political Message? [Re: Phluck]
    #4068433 -

Quote:
That's totally wrong, politics predates humans by hundreds of thousands of years.




--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does Art Always Have a Political Message? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #4069361 -

MarkostheGnostic said:
My amateur art (see Gallery) does not consciously (or unconsciously, insofar as I can analytically perceive it) have any political messages because I am an apolitical person.



I've seen you advocate prayer in school. I wouldn't call that apolitical(I'd call it unconstitutional).


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does Art Always Have a Political Message? [Re: Silversoul]
    #4069797 -

No, you've never seen me advocate prayer in school. That doesn't even make sense to me as I read it. MY prayer life might go on in school, as it goes on through all activities, but what YOU must mean by prayer in schools is some public recitation of New Testament readings. I would never advocate such an absurd thing. Whose prayer would I advocate?


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Art,philosophy, graffiti
( 1 2 all )
falcon 2,728 37 01/25/04 08:59 AM
by falcon
* politically correct
( 1 2 all )
fearfect 1,881 31 04/03/05 08:14 PM
by OldWoodSpecter
* Faith Instead of Reason - An Article, Political
( 1 2 all )
usefulidiot 4,858 31 11/02/04 12:53 PM
by BlueCoyote
* Ha Ha Ha Demystifying the art of "magick" gettinjiggywithit 1,511 10 04/17/05 07:40 AM
by Icelander
* Science vs. Art
( 1 2 all )
Cheebatoke 2,277 24 03/16/05 06:20 PM
by slowburner
* what does art mean to you? ferago2 1,199 7 06/17/04 08:59 AM
by redgreenvines
* Art CeeThruMeer 586 1 06/14/05 03:49 AM
by redgreenvines
* Is affliction good for the soul??? World Spirit 1,121 8 01/11/02 08:58 PM
by Ulysees

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
4,110 topic views. 4 members, 5 guests and 38 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 15 queries.