Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNocforweb
Stranger
What is a good Cubensis strand for energy work in your experience?
    #4037092 - 04/10/05 12:30 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Well, after pouring through the pages on this site (as well as quite a few hours) I decided to bite the bullet and start looking into growing my own collection of shrooms for personal use.  I was quite proud of myself - oh look how much I've researched  :laugh: - up until I went to the spore purchasing sites with the determination to get my first Psilocybe Cubensis!  (Later to upgrade to Panaeolus Cyanescens but going by baby-steps).  And then I saw it.  Ten thousand different strains, each one supposedly giving a different trip  :confused:.  Don't worry, I am not going to ask 'what's the best strain' - I've looked over the forums where that question was answered and mine is slightly trickier - with no answers anywhere on the net that I can see. 

The thing that convinced me to start growing is my last experience (that's not saying much since I've only had two).  I spent the day before it centering myself through tantric dance, and while on the mushroom a friend (internal martial-artist, several styles) dropped my shields and I was able to finally do energy work after years of trying.  (I had rolled earlier that night too but that had worn off before this happened - my metabolism processes rolls very quickly and I had taken it early in the night to smooth the transition in)  It wasn't the mushroom that did it, I know that, but while on it my mind was cleared and stayed out of my way so that the training and the lowering of my shields could take affect.  For a few days later I was able to keep doing energy work but then I started thinking about it, and wanting it, and trying to force it, and naturally...  well, I have barely been able to feel it since.  So here at last is the question...

:mushroom2: What is a good strain for doing energy work, psychic activity, and clearing your mind?  :mushroom2:

To be honest I am not even sure if what I took was a Psilocybe, it was just handed to me by a friend...  I've read how some strains produce happy trips, some tropical, some let you see pretty colors, etc. - I am not really interested in mushrooms so much for the 'Oh my God man, I'm tripping balls' aspect so much as for reaching that state again so I can try to observe it more closely and make it permanent.  To describe the actual trip better... it was a calm sensation for me, filled with unquestioning love.  I could think and talk coherently but there was none of the usual 'mental chatter' - where you talk in your own head about just about everything, trying to visualize anything you are doing, etc.  It felt like my thoughts were coming from deeper within.  I don't know if that helps any?

(Unrelated to this question, just in case some of you are curious, while I tend to be very optimistic I am also somewhat scientific in nature - I tested the 'energy work' to make sure it was not a hallucination.  For that purpose I took two people who were fairly good at sensing energy.  One was a Wiccan priestess who actively worked with energy at one point and was also shrooming, the other was an ex ghost hunter who was just attuned to it and had never taken anything.  I sat them down with their eyes closed and then randomly directed energy at them from a distance of six feet.  Without exception and no outside hints such as sounds, visuals, or touch they were able to detect when I changed whom I was sending energy to.  The one who actively worked with energy was even able to accurately point out when I switched my energy sources (ground chakra based on tai-chi, crown chakra based on Christianity, and my back based on letting the Tao flow through me) by saying that she saw different colors for it in her head.  Also, while on it she did experience hearing a voice that she later believed to be from a higher being / God-like figure - just mentioning it because I've seen online that its not a unique phenomenon)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: What is a good Cubensis strand for energy work in your experience? [Re: Nocforweb]
    #4037116 - 04/10/05 12:37 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

This prolly belongs in another forum...

But it's just like a woman... they're all good :grin: just need to find one that suits your preference. In my experiences, it's not always that case that a strain is superior inherently, a lot has to do with the substrate that it was cultivated on. Afterwards, you can do qualitative analysis (or look up info on such on the internet) in terms of chemicals yielded per strain, per medium. I'd check http://www.erowid.org out, they most likely have something of that nature, additionally, look up the chemicals yielded, and their effects in tems of the trip.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Edited by Psychoactive1984 (04/10/05 12:50 PM)

OfflineNocforweb
Stranger
Re: What is a good Cubensis strand for energy work in your experience? [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4037189 - 04/10/05 01:04 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Hi, and thank you for the reply.  I had considered the other forums but from what I understand Cubensis strands tend to share the same chemical makeup when it comes to strength.  Reading http://www.thehawkseye.com/ site they seem to separate the trips based on things such

"powerful, colorful journey into the mind" for Copelandia Tropicalis-Florida
"very clean, yet somewhat mellow" for Colombia -Villa de Leiva

etc.  So it seemed that they were talking more about the spirit of the mushroom as opposed to any particular chemical properties.  Not sure, I'm more of an artist then a chemist to be honest.  (That, and I figured if I could find people who did spiritual and energy work it would be in this forum  :wink:)

Then again, I am not really experienced enough in mushrooms to know if the hawkseye page was more sales-pitch then anything - have you noticed different trips (not just intensity but more dealing with main focus - visuals versus feelings of enlightenment, etc.) based on strain or was it random throughout for you?

(And I'll go poke at the Erowid vault some more, just noticed the 'experience' section there.  Not many list the actual strain but I'm sure I'll stumble unto something - thank you!)

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: What is a good Cubensis strand for energy work in your experience? [Re: Nocforweb]
    #4037251 - 04/10/05 01:21 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

http://www.mushroomjohn.com/samui7.htm

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ins&spell=1

Additionally do research on the concentration of chemicals in conjunction with each other and how they affect the experience.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: What is a good Cubensis strand for energy work in your experience? [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4038653 - 04/10/05 08:32 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

The only real difference between different strains of cubensis will be slight variations in potency and different optimum growth conditions. Some will be faster, slower, bigger fruits, etc.

But unless they are different SPECIES, the chemical make up will be essentially the same and not make that much of a difference in the experiance. They really just put that shit on there for marketing purposes.

So how do you pick a strain? Go with some common strain like B+ or PF classic, or just pick one that sounds cool, like Koh Sumai Super Strain! (spelling?) or Golden Teacher! That way you can tell people "yeah this strain is called Golden Teacher, it's supposed to be a real spiritual trip!" LOL!

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: What is a good Cubensis strand for energy work in your experience? [Re: dr0mni]
    #4038674 - 04/10/05 08:38 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

:lol: Yup. Their are subtle variations however, but so minute in the quantities that you typically ingest, that it is relatively meaningless. I'd suggest if you intend on growing, that you play with a strain that is more adaptable/hearty in terms of it's ability to fruit.

Nice bit on the Golden Teacher! :grin:

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #4038684 - 04/10/05 08:40 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

They are all good......Golden Teachers are particularly nice IME.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4038708 - 04/10/05 08:46 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

All Cubenssis have the same active pricipal with only difference in concentration.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    #4038718 - 04/10/05 08:48 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

For your purposes, that is more of a mindful loving high than a "fucked up" high with many visuals, I'd recommend some high doses of LSA from Hawaiian Baby Woodrose. These are legal seeds that can be purchased from a number of online vendors. If I had to guess I'd say it taps into emotional energy; it can also provide great insights. Feel free to PM me if you'd like more info on them.

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
Re: What is a good Cubensis strand for energy work in your experience? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4038730 - 04/10/05 08:52 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
They are all good......Golden Teachers are particularly nice IME.

My first trip was on golden teachers. Perhaps it was the strain, but more likely it was because it was just my first time. Either way, it was very good.
Cubes are cubes, they will all pretty much effect you the same.

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: What is a good Cubensis strand for energy work in your experience? [Re: the_phoenix]
    #4038749 - 04/10/05 08:58 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

the_phoenix said:
For your purposes, that is more of a mindful loving high than a "fucked up" high with many visuals, I'd recommend some high doses of LSA from Hawaiian Baby Woodrose. These are legal seeds that can be purchased from a number of online vendors. If I had to guess I'd say it taps into emotional energy; it can also provide great insights. Feel free to PM me if you'd like more info on them.

I prefer LSD, and 2-3 eigths of shrooms at a time. Analogs aren't my style. I dunno, I prefer pure and utter inebriation first and foremost.

This was for information purposes only, I don't use drugs.  :wink:

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: What is a good Cubensis strand for energy work in your experience? [Re: the_phoenix]
    #4038874 - 04/10/05 09:36 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

"I'd recommend some high doses of LSA from Hawaiian Baby Woodrose"

Stay away from that shit. It makes you sick with, at times, severe transient nausea. It also leaves you with a shit hangover the next day. LSA also is known for causing and aggravating circulation problems. I ate 12 of the seeds once,(I grew them myself) and while it did fuck me up but good,it was a VERY low grade feeling. I tried it 3 more times and got the same result each time.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlinepleco
Astralnaut

Re: What is a good Cubensis strand for energy work in your experience? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4038985 - 04/10/05 10:12 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Whatever you get just be nice to it. Plants like music and (one-way)conversation... maybe shrooms do, too.

InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
    #4039316 - 04/10/05 11:26 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
:lol: Yup. Their are subtle variations however, but so minute in the quantities that you typically ingest, that it is relatively meaningless. I'd suggest if you intend on growing, that you play with a strain that is more adaptable/hearty in terms of it's ability to fruit.

Funny, from just looking at a group of people, you could say the same thing....  All of the "chemical make-up" would/could be VERY similar between most people....  But as it would seem, we are all very different, tho~ the same....  :shrug:
So, how does this relate to the known different strains of Mushrooms....?  Are they really all the "same"....?  :heart:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: What is a good Cubensis strand for energy work in your experience? [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #4039320 - 04/10/05 11:27 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

As I said, I go for the heartier more adaptable ones, because their all pretty similar overall :wink:

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Offlinesoulmotion
Professor
 User Gallery

Loc: Jumanji
Re: What is a good Cubensis strand for energy work in your experience? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4039404 - 04/10/05 11:50 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
...Stay away from that shit....

I know this is really the wrong forum to talk about LSA, but I have to seriously agree with Huehuecoyotl on this one. I tried Morning Glories and HWBR several times, and the trip was incredibly weak, but I actually had nasty sharp pains and muscle spams that annoyed the hell out of me and worried me for months afterward. The side effects have since dissapated, but it should be known that those seeds contain a poison! A form of cyanide! They can do damage! Take my advice, if you want to trip, just go with the conventional shrooms and/or acid. Anyways, sorry, I just had to add those words of caution.

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: What is a good Cubensis strand for energy work in your experience? [Re: soulmotion]
    #4039649 - 04/11/05 12:38 AM (19 years, 10 days ago)

So do peaches (really unrelated, but figured I'd bring it up)... I think one can make a form of cyanide or arsenic from them, their was "death by the peach" in the past (the seed of the peack contains it, I forget the actual process but from what I recall it was derived through a fermentation process).

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#4039970 - 04/11/05 03:18 AM (19 years, 10 days ago)

A lot of information is vendor hype. Don't believe it.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: What is a good Cubensis strand for energy work in your experience? [Re: SoopaX]
    #4040051 - 04/11/05 05:44 AM (19 years, 10 days ago)

the psychedellic effect is entirely dependent on set and setting and dosage.
the effect seems manifold, but is single. just one thing is happenning due to the psychedellic. That which would fade quickly fades more slowly, so the psychonaut sinks into mind.
My reccommendation is not to do "energy work" on days you do psychedellic. mental constructs will certainly appear - any mere passing thought can become foundational (as it fades more slowly), any mere glow in the dark can be sustained and enhanced to a mona lisa.

If you want to work while on psychedellic, I think the only light work safely doable is that you should just watch (and enjoy) what is happenning, then make evaluations later, go with a sitter and/or just a pad and pen.

Trying to be serious about it in any regard is likely to backfire. Nothing is un-reparable, but you need a less serious intention to begin safely.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Edited by redgreenvines (04/11/05 05:46 AM)

OfflineNocforweb
Stranger
Re: What is a good Cubensis strand for energy work in your experience? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4073335 - 04/19/05 03:48 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

much thanks everyone!  i've just finished getting the money together and will be getting the setup done soon, i'll post pics when the first batch is out and let you know how people react to whichever i end up with :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom