Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
finch seed stalled
    #403510 - 09/25/01 12:47 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

man i tell ya, i just cant get anything right i guess (ill never give up tho!) aniiway... 5 quart jars filled 3/4 with finch seed/hay cobb mix of about 10/1. i chopped up the hay pretty good, 2-3 inch stalks too, added water and microwaved them for i dunno, on and off while trying 2 get the seeds to soak up the water and get the right moisture (everything saturated with almost no water residue collecting on the bottom). about 30 min or so total in the mic, im fairly sure theyre sterile. i have some myc honeywater that i used 2 innoculate them all. i will note right here that i used the same honeywater (leftover from the same syringe) to innoc an outside patch that colonized like crazy, but being in central NY it got too cold and even after dung casing it all eventually died. anyway i know there was myc started in there. aniiway, the jars are completely sealed (no holes/filter disks) and placed in water bath of 83 degrees. 1 week later... nothing. i noticed then though that the lids were popped up and when i cracked them, it was under some (guessing) maybe 5-10 PSI of pressure (CO2 release i believe) and it smelled strong like it was fermenting. in all my failed attempts so far ive been able 2 narrow it down to something, but im at a loss here. i shook them daily and everything. i ended up mixing them with colonized BRF cakes and casing it because they would not colonize themselves. im at a loss, anyone???

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: finch seed stalled [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #403522 - 09/25/01 12:56 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

You're microwaving bulk, then, starving them of air. This a new tek?

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: finch seed stalled [Re: puscle]
    #404545 - 09/26/01 08:06 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

so then youre saying that its a lack of oxygen that halted the growth? that very well could be so, but i was reluctant to put filter disks on the jars because i was not sure how they would hold up under shaking and if the nutritius water in teh jar would seep thru and invite contaminates. not so much contamination because [i think] that finch seed is less prone to infection than BRF cakes. in any event, i used these jars on sunday to mix as a substrate with my crumbled cakes that i described in another recent post and im seeing light mycellium on about 20-30% of the casing layer as of 9pm last night (tuesday) i havent looked deeper but i think thats a good indication that its growing underneath also. maybe i should try more jars with disks, if you think that was the problem, which i can understand.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation