Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Am I a fascist?
    #4020145 - 04/06/05 03:42 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I am the kind of person that 99.9% of the time advocates freedom and enlightened concepts.

However, when it comes to the survival, defense, and retribution of my nation, I view any actions as being pretty much acceptable. For example, I think that Khalid Sheik Mohammed (Al Qaeda's 2nd in command who planned 9/11 and is currently in U.S. custody) should be released into Times Square in New York City where the city residents can do whatever they want to him. I think that confirmed members of Al Qaeda should be horrendously tortured. I would slather them in pig grease and put them in a cage with mean hungry dogs and then I would probably slice off their limbs with chainsaws. I would send the videotape to Al Jazeera for the sole purpose of scaring all of the Arabs and Muslims that were watching.

I would approach this "War on Terror" completely differently than most people would. I would admit the U.S.'s mistakes and interferences in the Middle East. I would stop doing all of the things that piss Muslims off and I would apologize. But at the same time I would flat out threaten them. I would say, "You have no reason to be mad at us anymore. I don't trust any of you and I don't trust your religion. Any Muslim that raises his hand against the U.S. from now on will be mercilessly tortured and killed. If you do not currently fear us, you will fear us."

Is this bad? Is it weird to have non-interventionist ideals and yet advocate merciless actions in the pursuit of defense and retribution?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Am I a fascist? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4020197 - 04/06/05 04:03 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Stick to one stance, and ride it... flip-floppers don't fair that well in America. :smirk:

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

They are doing what they think is right... and so are we... We are their terrorists, and they ours.

http://www.iep.utm.edu/j/justwar.htm

We could of course lower ourselves, and place ourselves in the same framework of the infidels/terrorists/freedom fighters/martyrs...(take your pick)

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflineAhronZombi
AhronZombi

Loc: NY
    #4020205 - 04/06/05 04:07 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

why are muslims responsible for 9/11 . cause the news said so. i dont know whats going on in the world, i just know if the news pushes it its lies and propiganda and i wont trust it. the media is too controlled. we need to get away from governments and religion all together and embrace love ans spirituality and unconditional forgivness. then we will fix most of outr problems

--------------------
[url=http://kratom.tcotu.net Low Priced, High Quality Kratom[/url]

Edited by AhronZombi (04/06/05 04:09 AM)

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Am I a fascist? [Re: AhronZombi]
    #4020224 - 04/06/05 04:14 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

AhronZombi said:
why are muslims responsible for 9/11

Um.....because they were.

It seems to be quite common for extremist Muslims to engage in violent actions against civilians (remember the school hostage situation near Chechnya recently?).

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4020231 - 04/06/05 04:16 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well, we want to spread democracy cough*resource allocation*cough...

And they want to terrorize us cough*want USA to get the fuck out of their country and want the resources for themselves*cough...

Who's more justified? Those that win, and write the history of course!

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

OfflineAhronZombi
AhronZombi

#4020236 - 04/06/05 04:18 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah but where did you see that my freind. Where did you get the info on all this muslim exstrmists. The media. i dont think ill sway you, but i wont trust it. The media is all about money not freedom like it once was, and money is controlled by government wich is controlled by criminals and lies and sins. Im not saying muslims arent involved, im just saying its slanted, the few muslims that are involved in this are mearly pupets of the big governments and criminals of the world. The media forces you to think its all about the extremests or muslims and pay no attention to the true source of these crime. this will really brain was you as it does most. the key is to learn to love and forgive unconditionally. its addictive and once it spreads we wont have to worry about who killed who or who is telling the truth

--------------------

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #4020264 - 04/06/05 04:35 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Fortunately if you ever run for office, someone will expose your psychiatric past in the middle of the campaign

--------------------

OfflineAhronZombi
AhronZombi

Re: Am I a fascist? [Re: zahudulallah]
    #4020267 - 04/06/05 04:37 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

running for office is a bad idea for anyone. you cant change the system from wiithin, and once your in the system the only thing that changes is you

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Am I a fascist? [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4020275 - 04/06/05 04:42 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
And they want to terrorize us cough*want USA to get the fuck out of their country and want the resources for themselves*cough...

Who's more justified? Those that win, and write the history of course!

Well, if I was in charge I would stop all aid to Israel and unpopular Arab regimes. I would apologize for past mistakes and meddlings. I would apologize for the WMD debacle. I would also say that we owe it to the Iraqi people to stay until things were stable and prosperous. I would stress that we had absolutely no interest in imperialism, colonialism, or puppet government building (and I would prove it by our actions). I would try to get the hell out of the Middle East as fast as possible. I say we let it rot like the festering pile of dogshit that it is.

I would basically be declaring a truce with the Arabs/Muslims. I would also make it clear that the gloves were off from then on though if there were any Arab/Muslim attacks against the U.S.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4020280 - 04/06/05 04:44 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:
Fortunately if you ever run for office, someone will expose your psychiatric past in the middle of the campaign

Psychiatric past? Did I write about that here? I only got on a few meds for a while. I don't think that disqualifies me from being dictator of the United States.

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4020284 - 04/06/05 04:46 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

And our economy, and the resulting loss of power within that region would be obtained by another country to do just as what we are doing...

As good as it sounds, it's necessary to our way of life.

People in America bitch about the gas prices now... imagine the dissention that would occur as a result from our withdraw, and further the destabilization of the region.

Power struggles through the countries within the region, as well as outside...

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4020286 - 04/06/05 04:47 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
Quote:

zahudulallah said:

Psychiatric past?  Did I write about that here?  I only got on a few meds for a while.  I don't think that disqualifies me from being dictator of the United States.

:lol:

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #4020292 - 04/06/05 04:52 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Seriously weak. You remind me of Eric Cartman in a Hitler get up. Law abiding Muslims, be they Deepak Chopra liberals, moderates or terrorist cheer leaders, don't owe anyone diddly squat. Who would you declare a truce with? Who's the leader of the Muslims?

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4020294 - 04/06/05 04:53 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
And our economy, and the resulting loss of power within that region would be obtained by another country to do just as what we are doing...

The only reason anybody is interested in the Middle East is because of oil. As long as there is a reasonable amount of stability on top of all of that sand, the oil continues to flow. That's all anybody cares about. So, if the U.S. stopped giving aid to some of those countries, it is possible that some other country would move in to give military aid to the various governments there and thus insure stability.

I don't think that the U.S. gains any power by propping up governments over there. We get only heat and condemnation from the rest of the world. We take all of the heat to ensure that the oil continues to flow for all of the world's consumers.

Edited by RandalFlagg (04/06/05 05:00 AM)

OfflineAhronZombi
AhronZombi

#4020295 - 04/06/05 04:54 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
Quote:

zahudulallah said:

Psychiatric past? Did I write about that here? I only got on a few meds for a while. I don't think that disqualifies me from being dictator of the United States.

hitler was a speed baller, it didnt stop him

--------------------

OfflineAhronZombi
AhronZombi

#4020299 - 04/06/05 04:55 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i think the only reson anyone cares about the middle east is because the government and media tells them to.

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4020307 - 04/06/05 04:58 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:
Seriously weak. You remind me of Eric Cartman in a Hitler get up.

Respect my Author-it-y!!

Quote:

Law abiding Muslims, be they Deepak Chopra liberals, moderates or terrorist cheer leaders, don't owe anyone diddly squat.

I know they don't. I never said they did. In fact I said how America owes them an apology for the ample meddling that has taken place. However, I still think that once this apology and change of behavior takes place, a blunt message of fearsome retaliation should be given if there were to be any further aggressions by Muslim extremists.

Quote:

Who would you declare a truce with?

The entire Arab and Muslim world.

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4020317 - 04/06/05 05:04 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:

The only reason anybody is interested in the Middle East is because of oil.  As long as there is a reasonable amount of stability on top of all of that sand, the oil continues to flow.  That's all anybody cares about.  So, if the U.S. stopped giving aid to some of those countries, it is possible that some other country would move in to give military aid to the various governments there and thus insure stability. 

I don't think that the U.S. gains any power by propping up governments over there.  We get only heat and condemnation from the rest of the world.  We take all of the heat to ensure that the oil continues to flow for all of the world's consumers.

:shocked: I thought we wanted to spread democracy and to take a genuine interest in helping out mankind.

:tongue:

Well by propping up the governments, and supporting them indirectly, we support our stake and claim, and our image. If we were to just go in their, get what we wanted, and move out with little regard to how our actions our seen.... it wouldn't fly so well.

The USA is afraid of another country gaining power in the region and further monopolizing the oil. It doesn't matter if the region is stable or not, we want it stable under our hand, why we get the cheapest prices in the world (short of the source countries).

We gain a lot of power, we directly influence relations with other countries, by giving other countries the ability to govern themselves with little interaction and consequence to us, provided they scratch our backs equally.

Saddam stopped scratching :shrug: he dealt with the consequences.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineAhronZombi
AhronZombi

#4020324 - 04/06/05 05:09 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

why must we spread any kind of government at all. democracy now a days equals capitalism which destroys integrity

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4020331 - 04/06/05 05:13 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I thought we wanted to spread democracy and to take a genuine interest in helping out mankind.

I think that is part of the plan with the Iraq invasion. I really think the Bush administration wants to spread democracy throughout the Middle East so that the Arabs/Muslims are free. If they are free they won't be so pissy anymore. If they aren't pissy anymore, they won't want to blow us up anymore. I think that this is a part of the administration's strategy.

The USA is afraid of another country gaining power in the region and further monopolizing the oil. It doesn't matter if the region is stable or not, we want it stable under our hand, why we get the cheapest prices in the world (short of the source countries).

I was under the assumption that everybody paid the same price for oil. The only reason that gas is more expensive in Europe is because they tax it heavily over there.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion