Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Loc: Philadelphia/NYC
When to harvest buds?
    #399235 - 09/20/01 03:01 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

This is my first time growing bud, and my plant(I have no idea what strain it is) is flowering in a big way. About 10-15% of the pistils have turned brown, and the buds are getting fat. How do you know when to harvest your buds? It is a pretty small plant, so I have to get it just right. It was grown out doors in zone 6 in a small container, and is 6 months, 1 week old. Any ideas?

Bank Manager- "Mr. Simpson, before I can give you this buisness loan, what qualifications do you have?"

Homer- "Well... I can tell the difference between butter and I Can't Believe It's not Butter."

Bank Manager- "No you can't! No one can!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: When to harvest buds? [Re: superpimp]
    #399284 - 09/20/01 03:47 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

look up a post from a few days ago in the other drugs forum.
post name: When is pot ready to be picked?

sucked into the vortex....

Invisiblestrang

Re: When to harvest buds? [Re: stefan]
    #399366 - 09/20/01 05:24 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i would personally wait until 75% of the pistils have turned brown.. if you have a magnifying glass it is beautiful to look at.. all the tricomes.... i cant grow bud anymore bud i sure do miss watching my babies grow in to beautiful women with the sweet smell of a stipper and the buds as if they were dipped in sugar... check onergrow.org for more in depth info... you get a different buzz depending on when you harvest.. the more white pistils the more uppity you are and more brown means more couch lock... sativa/indica also plays a part in what kinda buzz you get too.. are your plants tall and skinny with skinny leaves or short and robust with big leaves?

Offlinecapman
Loc: below mason-dixon line
Re: When to harvest buds? [Re: strang]
    #399565 - 09/20/01 09:45 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

the correct time to harvest is when 50% of the tricomes are a milky white,best seen with a 10X eye loupe,accomponied by a 50%darkening of the hairs.the reason for harvest at this time is that upon cutting the buds still grow for 12-24 hours.if you wait to long you can lose a large amount of thc to oxidation,converted into cbd's which is what gives you a headache when you smoke bad mexi or homegrown.havesting any earlier can signifigantly reduce the potency.hope that helps.
peace&caps

From the sky will come a great King of Terror...
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city...
In the city of york there will be a great collapse,
2 twin brothers torn apartby chaos
NOSTRADAMUS 1503-1566

--------------------
I AM THE [red]NRA[/red] AND I [blue]VOTE[/blue]

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Loc: Philadelphia/NYC
Re: When to harvest buds? [Re: strang]
    #399793 - 09/21/01 08:42 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

My plant is only 21" tall because I couldn't put it in anything bigger than a one gallon pot, but I have been feeding it regularly with compost tea, bird shit, and Miracle Grow potted plant food and tomato food. It is extremely healthy, and has 3 seperate stalks that have amazingly fat buds, some are 3" across. I haven't been able to wait for full maturity, so I have been picking off tiny portions off of the bottom buds, where more of the pistils have turned brown, and smoking them. The high is pretty weak, but I assume that it's because they are still a few weeks away from maturity.

Bank Manager- "Mr. Simpson, before I can give you this buisness loan, what qualifications do you have?"

Homer- "Well... I can tell the difference between butter and I Can't Believe It's not Butter."

Bank Manager- "No you can't! No one can!"

Offlinenarc monkey
old hand
Loc: Canada
Re: When to harvest buds? [Re: superpimp]
    #401009 - 09/22/01 05:13 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

that person above gave you the wrong link, it should be www.overgrow.com. i would say look at the tricomes andwhen 50% have gotten cloudy, then harvest. make sure you cure your bud too, i've never done it but apparently it drastically improves potency and taste.

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: When to harvest buds? [Re: narc monkey]
    #401012 - 09/22/01 05:21 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

let em all turn brown, 1 puff will get u stoned, well that worked for us.

PsYchoPaThic JuggaLotus is at your fuckin door with a bloody hatchet, gettin ready to split some backs.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds