Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Loc: Philadelphia/NYC
When to harvest buds?
    #399235 - 09/20/01 03:01 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

This is my first time growing bud, and my plant(I have no idea what strain it is) is flowering in a big way. About 10-15% of the pistils have turned brown, and the buds are getting fat. How do you know when to harvest your buds? It is a pretty small plant, so I have to get it just right. It was grown out doors in zone 6 in a small container, and is 6 months, 1 week old. Any ideas?

Bank Manager- "Mr. Simpson, before I can give you this buisness loan, what qualifications do you have?"

Homer- "Well... I can tell the difference between butter and I Can't Believe It's not Butter."

Bank Manager- "No you can't! No one can!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: When to harvest buds? [Re: superpimp]
    #399284 - 09/20/01 03:47 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

look up a post from a few days ago in the other drugs forum.
post name: When is pot ready to be picked?

sucked into the vortex....

Invisiblestrang

Re: When to harvest buds? [Re: stefan]
    #399366 - 09/20/01 05:24 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

i would personally wait until 75% of the pistils have turned brown.. if you have a magnifying glass it is beautiful to look at.. all the tricomes.... i cant grow bud anymore bud i sure do miss watching my babies grow in to beautiful women with the sweet smell of a stipper and the buds as if they were dipped in sugar... check onergrow.org for more in depth info... you get a different buzz depending on when you harvest.. the more white pistils the more uppity you are and more brown means more couch lock... sativa/indica also plays a part in what kinda buzz you get too.. are your plants tall and skinny with skinny leaves or short and robust with big leaves?

Offlinecapman
Loc: below mason-dixon line
Re: When to harvest buds? [Re: strang]
    #399565 - 09/20/01 09:45 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

the correct time to harvest is when 50% of the tricomes are a milky white,best seen with a 10X eye loupe,accomponied by a 50%darkening of the hairs.the reason for harvest at this time is that upon cutting the buds still grow for 12-24 hours.if you wait to long you can lose a large amount of thc to oxidation,converted into cbd's which is what gives you a headache when you smoke bad mexi or homegrown.havesting any earlier can signifigantly reduce the potency.hope that helps.
peace&caps

From the sky will come a great King of Terror...
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city...
In the city of york there will be a great collapse,
2 twin brothers torn apartby chaos
NOSTRADAMUS 1503-1566

--------------------
I AM THE [red]NRA[/red] AND I [blue]VOTE[/blue]

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Loc: Philadelphia/NYC
Re: When to harvest buds? [Re: strang]
    #399793 - 09/21/01 08:42 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

My plant is only 21" tall because I couldn't put it in anything bigger than a one gallon pot, but I have been feeding it regularly with compost tea, bird shit, and Miracle Grow potted plant food and tomato food. It is extremely healthy, and has 3 seperate stalks that have amazingly fat buds, some are 3" across. I haven't been able to wait for full maturity, so I have been picking off tiny portions off of the bottom buds, where more of the pistils have turned brown, and smoking them. The high is pretty weak, but I assume that it's because they are still a few weeks away from maturity.

Bank Manager- "Mr. Simpson, before I can give you this buisness loan, what qualifications do you have?"

Homer- "Well... I can tell the difference between butter and I Can't Believe It's not Butter."

Bank Manager- "No you can't! No one can!"

Offlinenarc monkey
old hand
Loc: Canada
Re: When to harvest buds? [Re: superpimp]
    #401009 - 09/22/01 05:13 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

that person above gave you the wrong link, it should be www.overgrow.com. i would say look at the tricomes andwhen 50% have gotten cloudy, then harvest. make sure you cure your bud too, i've never done it but apparently it drastically improves potency and taste.

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: When to harvest buds? [Re: narc monkey]
    #401012 - 09/22/01 05:21 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

let em all turn brown, 1 puff will get u stoned, well that worked for us.

PsYchoPaThic JuggaLotus is at your fuckin door with a bloody hatchet, gettin ready to split some backs.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale