Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Spring Collection - Gulf Coast, Florida | Help ID Please
    #3975196 -

Hello,
I've collected approx. 19 grams of this species from cow dung in southwest florida. I'm quite sure it's Copelandia cyanescens from other pictures and general information (typically found in gulf coast region in manure).
I'd just like to be sure before consuming.

*EDIT* : Notice the bruise color - a dark purple/brown.
Thanks!


--------------------
irc.danknug.com
#shroomery / #cultivation

Edited by tripz (03/27/05 04:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spring Collection - Gulf Coast, Florida | Help ID Please [Re: tripz]
    #3975294 -

Those are a species of panaeolus not Copelandia. Also there is no blue bruising and also Panaeolus do not have a purple-brown color nor do Copelandia species. Both panaeolus and Copelandia are black-spored mushrooms leaving a jet black deposit on a piece of paper.

purple brwon is the color of the spores for P. cubensis and most psilocybe species.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spring Collection - Gulf Coast, Florida | Help ID Please [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3979381 -

Quote:
Trippiez: Notice the bruise color - a dark purple/brown.
Thanks!



Quote:
MJShroomer: Panaeolus do not have a purple-brown color nor do Copelandia species. Both panaeolus and Copelandia are black-spored mushrooms leaving a jet black deposit on a piece of paper.



I think he is referring to the bruising on the stem? not spore print colour. This is not the correct colour friend...it should bruise blue blue only! (possibly quite a dark-blue)
-------------
and in case you don't understand the ^^^^above^^^^^^ post by mjshroomer.

You don't want to be eating them, i don't believe any Panaeolus are actually toxic, but, there is no psilocybin in these mushrooms.

better luck next time  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spring Collection - Gulf Coast, Florida | Help ID Please [Re: tripz]
    #3979476 -

Your mushrooms do not bruise blue, therefore they are not Copelandia cyanescens. They are most likely part of the the inactive Panaeolus campanulatus species complex.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spring Collection - Gulf Coast, Florida | Help ID Please [Re: Gumby]
    #3979551 -

pan camps- no actives- sorry- but they do have the appearance of some actives if you dont know Exactly what your lookin for- good luck and happy mush hunting

by the way what are the hi/low tempz in your area that you harvested these

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spring Collection - Gulf Coast, Florida | Help ID Please [Re: cube428]
    #3983296 -

The spore prints from these shrooms are all jet black. And yes, I meant the stems turn a dark purple color when I touch them. I noticed some blue area's on the caps (outer edges) as they started to dry.

I'm relatively new to the shrooming community, and I thank everyone for their patience upfront :P

I left this collection at my friends house in a bag over the weekend without drying (they had some mold deposits when I came back and I didn't even think about trying them).
I went to the field again to get a couple more, although it was nearly empty due to the weather changes (it's cold now.. too early in the season).
Here are some photographs of the most recent shrooms.

Picked directly from manure. Sorry for the quality of the shrooms.. it's a long way to my house from the fields..
I've researched for hours, and the only 100% photographic/descriptive match I can make would be this photograph

(mine looked like that growing, but were greatly damaged from the trip to the field to my house)

A question I'd love to have answered is "what are the odds of finding a toxic mushroom growing in cow manure?"

Thanks very much for your time and help.


--------------------
irc.danknug.com
#shroomery / #cultivation

Edited by tripz (03/29/05 12:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Gulf Coast Mushroom ID help?
( 1 2 all )
neomushy 5,885 20 07/03/04 02:13 PM
by neomushy
* Some Gulf Coast Florida Cubensis, in a small pasture NariusFractal 1,815 8 08/25/03 11:40 PM
by Snobrdr311
* Gulf Coast Psilocybe Cubensis: Growing in Alaska!~
( 1 2 all )
GGreatOne234 13,969 35 06/25/04 10:07 AM
by spores
* Texas Gulf Coast Cubies (Updated! Pics & Observations)
( 1 2 all )
TrippinRhino 6,925 28 07/09/06 08:15 AM
by VirgilKane
* Shroomers of the gulf coast
( 1 2 all )
GulfShroomer 3,743 25 05/27/03 10:53 AM
by SouthernCap
* New findings on the Gulf Coast, ID please? neomushy 897 2 07/03/04 02:52 PM
by neomushy
* gulf coast freethehemp 835 1 09/14/03 10:47 PM
by Gumby
* Huntin in Gulf Coast Texas Hooty 1,658 4 05/31/05 06:15 PM
by acoustic

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,425 topic views. 0 members, 12 guests and 32 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.