Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheHook
GrEeN HeAd
Salvia extraction alternative
    #3959325 - 03/23/05 12:26 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

Commonly used is the salvia extraction and fortification process is naptha. Its purpose is to extract leaf waxes and impurities.

Anyway, i found a huge bottle of candle dewaxer at hobby lobby and i was wondering if this would have the same function. (i hope so because its an ass load cheaper)

--------------------
I often come to many challenges and intimidations, but then I remember that you only live life once, one single time through, with no reruns or rehearsals. So just live the way you want and the best you can. Its easy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Salvia extraction alternative [Re: TheHook]
    #3960453 - 03/23/05 03:42 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

Tecs are available with simple searches.. Are you looking to get fairly pure crystal or just extracted oil?

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3962072 - 03/23/05 09:24 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

what is composition of the candle dewaxer

OfflineGin_Drunk
Stranger
    #3963043 - 03/24/05 12:36 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

Googling candle dewaxer gave me little to nothing. But i'm not sure it matters. But by using cold acetone naphtha is only needed to make crystals. If you want crystals and think this candle dewaxer is non-polar enough just do a evaperation test and then try it out.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia extraction alternative [Re: Gin_Drunk]
    #3963857 - 03/24/05 07:05 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

naphtha is good for separating chlorophyl and wax from salvinorin after acetone removes all of these from the leaf.

putting ground leaf directly to naptha will probably leave much salvinorin in the leaf residue while it takes the fats up into the naphtha.

Not sure it is a smart approach at all.

have you checked the http://tinyurl.com/3pnzf
proper complete extraction techs for salvinorin A? excellent results

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Salvia extraction alternative [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3963917 - 03/24/05 07:49 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

I think he knows that cause he said this: "Its purpose is to extract leaf waxes and impurities."

OfflineMykul
Shaman of Analog
 User Gallery

Loc: From Seattle to Palm Spri...
Re: Salvia extraction alternative [Re: neuro]
    #3967552 - 03/25/05 01:44 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Can't you just use everclear and just drink the shit? I mean naphtha seems like some dirty shit. besides I read somewhere that they add a poison to the naphtha to keep people from using it for such things as this. Am I wrong please someone let me know cause as you can tell I'm a newbie.

--------------------

OfflineMykul
Shaman of Analog
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia extraction alternative [Re: Mykul]
    #3967563 - 03/25/05 01:54 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

isn't naphtha just zippo fluid also?

--------------------

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: Salvia extraction alternative [Re: Mykul]
    #3967580 - 03/25/05 02:23 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Mykul said:
Can't you just use everclear and just drink the shit? I mean naphtha seems like some dirty shit. besides I read somewhere that they add a poison to the naphtha to keep people from using it for such things as this. Am I wrong please someone let me know cause as you can tell I'm a newbie.

Sounds like some bs, to me buddy. Did you know that a company that sold plastic sold to two industries, industrial and the medical community. The plastic was priced about $10 a pound for the industrial community and about $110 a ounce for the medical community. The thing was the plastic was exactly the same thing, and some people in the medical community started using the industrial plastic to save money. The company started a rumour that the industrial plastic had low levels of radiation. Of course it was total bullshit to get there sale money back from the medical community.

I love how everyone says LSD has all these weird chemicals in it or whatever. LSD comes from organic compounds as well as cocaine and almost every drug.

You have to love the rumours to keep people away. Seriously you aren't going to die from some low level of any chemical, and any company that actually puts some chemical to prohibit human usage would really have to go out of there way to put another chemical within the substance and unless required by law, why would they incur an additional cost?

Another example, a glue sold in south america is highly abused as a inhalation drug to get high. It is actually a huge problem in these third world countries and the governments of these poor countries try to ask the manufacturer to add compounds in the glue so people will stop using it. Of course they don't and they say it costs too much money.

Like any company really gives a rats ass if someone uses their chemical to make drugs or whatever. They don't care, they care about profit, sales, and earning revenue. Most companies could give a rats ass about these so called moral issues and ethical standards by which you are supposed to ahear towards. Do you really think the oil project in Alaska gives a rats ass about the fish and habit they destroy while blasting the underground with there newly developed blasting method that required sucking hundreds of thousands of gallons of water per hour decimating the environment? NO they care about making money, they don't care about destroying the environment.

Just like the chemical manufactures don't care if you use Naptha or acetone to build bombs, make drugs, shove up your ass, or etc. They care about making profit. Unless the EPA or some other government organization imposes a regulatory order upon them, why in gods name would they ever change?

Do you think the oil companies enjoy having to make a specific gasoline just for CA clean air act? NO, it costs them more money and cuts into profits when they could just make one gas and sell it nationally.

Goto college and get a business degree and stop being pushed around like a bitch. If you want to walk around like a fucking idiot the rest of your life, being used and abused by ever guy willing to make a buck, get some other bullshit degree.

Good luck

Most likely the naptha or acetone is as pure as they can make it cost effectively. To purify a compound additionally costs lots more money. If you are truly concerned you can purchase lab grade materials which have been purified to specific levels of higher standard while industrial grade is slightly below those levels. If you really care, you can as well purify the compound additionally if you seek to learn a means todo so.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia extraction alternative [Re: Fluxburn]
    #3967984 - 03/25/05 09:14 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

I guess if you use clean naphtha on salvia leaf
then remove the naphtha and dry the leaf it nicely
you will have a defatted leaf.

if you also soak it in water or boil it in water first
you will also have a detannin-ed leaf
some salvinorin will be lost, but this leaf will
smoke very easily, no harshness and no bad taste.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineMykul
Shaman of Analog
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia extraction alternative [Re: Fluxburn]
    #3970787 - 03/25/05 10:42 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Thanks for the insight, It's hard some times to find the truth in things. I only asked because in my readings I found this in an LSA extraction from HBR
Quote:

Also keep in mind that there is such thing as denatured ethanol, which is ethanol which has been intentionally poisoned so that it is undrinkable. The reason for doing this is that drinkable ethanol is taxable under the Tobacco Alcohol and Firearms people, and denatured ethanol has uses in chemistry and cleaning. The point is that you should under no circumstances use denatured ethanol because it will make you sick or kill you or cause cancer or all three

as well as
Quote:

Also, read the labels of whatever solvent you use. Make sure it contains no benzene. Benzene is the most evil carcinogen known, and even in trace amounts it can cause cancer. There is no safe amount of benzene.

I'm no chemist and  I'm not one to just try anything without finding out as much as I can about it first. If I don't know I ask. :grin: I mean shit! I'm a fucking Rave promoter, I'm no genius :grin: Seattle to L.A. Underground love of music.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order