Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop for:   Amazon Salvia   eBay Lab Glassware

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

High Quality Salvia Extraction
    #4573279 - 08/24/05 01:12 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I'm currently making a 73.7g salvia extract. I was wondering if anyone likes the way I did it. Im following Salvinorum or another users guide.

I currently put 73.7g in a beaker with acetone that covered the leaves entirely. I stirred three times for three minutes ( I poured the acetone off three times into a flat oval plate, which is medium in size.) The liquid was very green and once I finaly poured the third batch of acetone off I let the leaves get a little less wet but still very wet. I then poured the leaves into the oval shaped plate full of acetone and salvinorum? I then sealed the top with a non sticky aluminum foil. I then placed the huge batch into the fridge not freezer and will let it stay there for 12-24 hours so all the tannin sediments settle out in the fluid.

Ok thats where im at so far Im wondering if im doing everything right and if it will evaporate etc.

--------------------
Quote:

I live to learn and learn to live.

forget w/e was here b4 it was meth gibberish.... :meff: :rail2: :rail: ....thats as old as my account...

On that note fart in public and grin. :publicfart:

Hail Shroomery!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
Re: High Quality Salvia Extraction [Re: Muppet69_420]
    #4575615 - 08/24/05 06:53 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

So are the leaves still in your acetone mixture? From your description it sounds like it, but after the three acetone washes you got the goods and don't need the leaves anymore. Wring them out and discard. Other than that it all sounds good. Are you gonna wash with naptha or anything else? Cuz you could just evaporate this down into 15 grams of leaf and have a very simple 5x leaf. Or you could continue with lots of refinement and get a much purer product. Anyway, good luck. :thumbup: Let us know how it's going.

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: High Quality Salvia Extraction [Re: ToolTroll]
    #4575943 - 08/24/05 08:16 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I had left my leaves in the whole time even after evaporation.. I mnow drying them in oven at 150 F with all solvenmt evaporated except a little bit of water. Will this still be ok with leaves and everything?

1. Let it sit in firdge for 13-15 hours.

2. Poured off into another oval bowl.

3. I seperated crude salvinorum with coffe filters.

4. Let evaporate (with a little bit of the leaves from the extraction not even half of what is left).

5. Put it into the oven at 150 F. to dry off leaves and extract.

Anything further is what I will be doing after oven drying.

6*. I will remove dried leaves and scrap bowl of waxy liquids?

7*. I will pour Iso. Alcohol 99% into the evaporation bowl (with leaves) and finely move it around erasing the clumps and such to purify it.

8*. I will add water or more Iso. Alcohol 99% to furthe rpurify the extract and leaves?

Will there be any chance of this working and still getting high quality extract?

--------------------
Quote:

forget w/e was here b4 it was meth gibberish.... :meff: :rail2: :rail: ....thats as old as my account...

Hail Shroomery!

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

#4576373 - 08/24/05 10:09 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I know a fan would be abetter but I dont have a fant outside only in my house and I wont evaporate acetone in my house. I couldve used fan outside in the dark but thought fridge would be better.

I also just took out the dried leaves in the oven. I took about 2-4 grams aside for my smoking pleasure if this cleaning method im using dont work.

Im going to pour Iso. Alcohol 99% 2oz instead of 4oz because this isnt Naptha its Iso. Alcohol 99%. I stirred the leaves before putting them in the Alcohol and made sure any fine powder didnt have clumps.

I stirred the leaves and Alcohol for 2 minutes and iam now leaving it
to sit for an houre or more. I will repeat this as many times needed till the color of the leaf or extract doesnt change. I might do further purification if all goes well if not then I doubt i'll do anything more.

THE QUESTIONS

1. With the leaves being with the extract will I still be able to get any purification of salvinorum?

2. The 2-4 grams of finely crushed leaves I took out before adding Alcohol for purification has small glittering specs. The last batch of 5x I made didnt have these glittering specs. Does this mean the leaves are more potent because of the glittering specs? I'm thinking those are crystals.

3. Would it have been possible due to slow evaporation and being put in the fridge to chill over night have anything to do with having crystals( glittering specs)? Could it be possible that this isnt 5x leaf instead 10x or perhaps more because of the glittering specs on the finely crushed leaves.

--------------------
Quote:

Hail Shroomery!

OfflineBrekkFu
Stranger
Loc: US... =(
    #4582195 - 08/26/05 12:54 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

ummm if you left 100% of the leaf material you extracted from then you'll have a 1x extraction...

The point of an extraction is to lower the mass of leaf the salvinorin is on.

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."
-Terrence McKenna

Offlinekolizion
LucidMind

Re: High Quality Salvia Extraction [Re: BrekkFu]
    #4587697 - 08/27/05 04:41 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

heat distroys salvinorin. stay away from ovens.

patience comes with extractions.

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: High Quality Salvia Extraction [Re: kolizion]
    #4597544 - 08/30/05 02:02 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

when extracting salvinorum with any solvent it leaves water especially if you fan evaporate any acetone or alcohol. To help evaporation with small salvinorum loss you bake it on 150 F for 10-15 minutes or untill dry.

--------------------
Quote:

Hail Shroomery!

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4598123 - 08/30/05 06:48 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

my guess is you have settled the sediment,

then pour the good green liquid into a nice evaporation bowl or pan, a container that is easy to scrape.

discard the solid residue that had settled out while standing.

forget about filters they will absorb too much of the good stuff, you have already settled out the grains of undesired matter.

Now let this good acetone extract stuff dry in the evaporation bowl or pan.
sphere reccommends teflon to dry on as it is easy to scrape, I like glass.
I let it dry in air, in the garage, loosely hooded with a tinfoil tent that breathes nicely but covered so nothing falls into it.

some water from condensation accumulates after a day or so and I would pour that away carefully

when dry, I scrape up the green tarry crude extract into a shot glass, then I clean up the evaporation pan glass with a small amount of acetone using an eye dropper to rub the edges collecting unscrapable good stuff in the small amount of acetone and I add that collected cleanup fluid to the good gummy stuff in the shot glass.

voila crude extracted salvinorin gum.
now what do you want to do?
you can take some leaf (or even cig papers) and using some more acetone go for strong dark crude 10x or 20x, by evenly applying what you have extracted, or you can purify the gum further with naphtha etc.

Offlinestvip
Strange stranger
Loc: Israel
Re: High Quality Salvia Extraction [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4599688 - 08/30/05 06:17 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

forget about filters they will absorb too much of the good stuff

I don't see how. Wash the filter with some extra solvent (acetone or ethanol) and any loss should be wholly insignificant. Other than that, the advice is sound.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: High Quality Salvia Extraction [Re: stvip]
    #4600339 - 08/30/05 08:36 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

except you will also start to extract soluble stuff that is in the filter paper thereby throwing off your purity all to hell.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop for:   Amazon Salvia   eBay Lab Glassware

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden