Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRJLR
No greater love
 User Gallery

Loc: France, keepin' tabs with...
Picking the shrooms
    #3960001 - 03/23/05 02:18 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

I've heard many different point of view, about pick the mushrooms, so I wanted to ask you guys... Questions:
1) I all the photos of mushrooms I see, they are near all open and sporing, I thought you should pick them before they open?
2) I heard that you should pick all the mushrooms at once even if some are still small, then  put a thin layer of casing on top, some one even said you should scrape the top before putting the fresh casing down??  I've been picking the big ones then letting the small ones grow, and putting casing down in the spots where I picked em', am I inhibiting new growth??
3) Any reason why there are 7 or so big mushrooms and the rest are small??? What would you recommend adding to make the shrooms bigger? is a big mushroom as strong as a small one??
4) if you keep on adding more casing and not letting the shrooms fruit would that give you more shrooms, at the end of the day??

Thanks for any answers you got... sorry if this has already been talk about :wink:

--------------------
Gotta to spread the word about:
http://www.johnnyganjaseed.com/johnny.htm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: Picking the shrooms [Re: RJLR]
    #3960014 - 03/23/05 02:22 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

3) a bigger muchroom has a lower density of psilocybin than a smaller mushoom, but thats not to say that a bigger mushroom has a lower content of psilocybin than a smaller mushroom, jus a lower density

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineRJLR
No greater love
 User Gallery

Re: Picking the shrooms [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #3960035 - 03/23/05 02:29 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

So if I ate a small mushroom, it may be as powerful as a big mushroom... It's not the size that counts?? in that case can you really dose by weight?? or did I miss understand you  :wink:

--------------------

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
    #3960041 - 03/23/05 02:31 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

its tricky but u didnt really misunderstand me, but u can still dose by weight, the variations are prolly really small and negligible

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinebixo
Dremel Addict
 User Gallery

Loc: The Autobahn
Re: Picking the shrooms [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #3960080 - 03/23/05 02:42 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

why not let em pop and get all pretty? i dont notice them being less potent by any means. im not sure if they gain alot of weight after the veil tears but i figure its better to let em get as big you can before picking

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: Picking the shrooms [Re: bixo]
    #3960088 - 03/23/05 02:44 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Hum I always picked before they opened up, I am going to change that soon, I want to see the spores drop!

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

OfflineRJLR
No greater love
 User Gallery

#3960097 - 03/23/05 02:45 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

So you pick them all at once... and then scrap and case again?

--------------------

Offlinebixo
Dremel Addict
 User Gallery

Re: Picking the shrooms [Re: Fluxburn]
    #3960114 - 03/23/05 02:48 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

this is about when I pick, mostly because I get to excited to let them go any longer. I also think that the shrooms with open caps dry faster too:

Offlinebixo
Dremel Addict
 User Gallery

#3960121 - 03/23/05 02:49 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

you said you are doing a casing? what do you mean by scrap?

Offlinefallingaway24
catatonic selfmedicator
    #3960143 - 03/23/05 02:57 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

i wouldn't reccomend letting the spores drop before picking them, i let that happen on accident and it made a buge mess and tured all my mushrooms black, and when you touched them it would all smear off and get all over my hands and shit. its just a big nasty mess.

OfflineRJLR
No greater love
 User Gallery

#3960145 - 03/23/05 02:57 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

This was on a sheet that came with my first grow kit... pick the mushrooms when they are just about to open, pick them all even the small ones, then scrap the surface of the casing, add another layer of casing... there was also some thing about the roots of old mushrooms getting in the way of new growth... I did not do this... Because it seems like a waste to pick mushroom that are not fulling grown... I also bought two cactus from the same guy... they were infected with mealybugs, and had been given to much light and too much water, so may be the guy's fucking with his customers... :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinebixo
Dremel Addict
 User Gallery

Re: Picking the shrooms [Re: fallingaway24]
    #3960154 - 03/23/05 02:58 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

fallingaway24 said:
i wouldn't reccomend letting the spores drop before picking them, i let that happen on accident and it made a buge mess and tured all my mushrooms black, and when you touched them it would all smear off and get all over my hands and shit. its just a big nasty mess.

Excellent point, sporey ass shrooms do not look good.. If I start seeing spore buildup on a few stems I pick them.

Offlinebixo
Dremel Addict
 User Gallery

#3960200 - 03/23/05 03:05 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

RJLR said:
This was on a sheet that came with my first grow kit... pick the mushrooms when they are just about to open, pick them all even the small ones, then scrap the surface of the casing, add another layer of casing... there was also some thing about the roots of old mushrooms getting in the way of new growth... I did not do this... Because it seems like a waste to pick mushroom that are not fulling grown... I also bought two cactus from the same guy... they were infected with mealybugs, and had been given to much light and too much water, so may be the guy's fucking with his customers... :shrug:

ohh so by scrap, you mean scrape a*k*a scratching. generally i dont believe scratching is necessary after a harvest- its more for combating serious overlay and unnecessary scratching can damage future crops and open you to contams ive heard. I would recommend a nice dunk though .. anyone with more knowledge feel free to add to this or correct me

OfflineRJLR
No greater love
 User Gallery

#3960307 - 03/23/05 03:18 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Great I just checked out dunking... Very cool... big difference between Dunked and not dunked... I'll defiantly try that next time, Thanks :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder