Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFleaAccela
Hip-HopEncyclopedia

how often do you personally have contamination problems?
    #3935493 - 03/18/05 11:52 AM (19 years, 5 days ago)

was wondering how often you guys have problems with contamintion? im getting ready to try growing for the first time and im scared shitless about contaminating my batches.

i'll have to be straight honest. i don't exactly live in the perfectly sterile enviroment. i smoke indoors and my hepa hasn't had it's filter changed in quite some time. im generally lazy and dont pick up my clothes and wait until the last minute to do my dishes or clean my apartment. i take out the trash well after it's time to do so. my apartment has, and has always had, an extreme amount of dust in the house (before i started smoking indoors). my refridgerator can easily create a disgusting amount of dust on the top of it within 5 days.

all these factors are really giving me second thoughts in even trying in the first place. i dont have a pressure cooker and can't afford one. it will be some time before i can replace the filters in my hepa considering it will cost somewhere around $150 to replace both filters (the carbon and the inner filter).

i was thinking about giving it a shot using precationary measures like keeping the areas where i plan on working sterilized with bleach and lysol, using a dust mask, sterile gloves, boiling everything i plan on using as instructed in the mmgg tek, ect.

given these factors, do you think i will have a hard time growing without contamination happening everytime i colonize? also, do i have to worry about contamination when i put my cakes into my terranium?

--------------------
:royalrainbow:I love rolling... my Katamari!!!:royalrainbow:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
Re: how often do you personally have contamination problems? [Re: FleaAccela]
    #3943718 - 03/20/05 11:13 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Any kitchen/bathroom/desk will be good to go with a swipe of iso alk, a spritz of lysol in the air and some tedious quick work from you.

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Loc: dancing in my head
Re: how often do you personally have contamination problems? [Re: dobinky]
    #3946793 - 03/20/05 10:16 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

i get them very rare but i clean the counter, sink from dishes and with clean it with anti bacteria and Lysol...i go over board at times but i would not be concerned about how the house looks just the area you are doing it with...and wash your hands all the time when doing anything with the project...but everything should be fine...hope that helps..

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #3946966 - 03/20/05 11:18 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

If you have a small uncarpeted bathroom, it is easy to convert into a quasi/clean room. Simply close heat vent, remove all cloth, scrub everything down with disinfectant. Wear fresh washed cloths, hair covering, gloves, face mask, place whatever you are working with on counter top. Spray lysol all over everything, including your arms, do whatever it is - you want - with slow - calm movement. Almost like working in a quasi/glove box.

I started like that before I build a flow/hood. Contam rate is very low, if you are carefull & think about what you are doing - before you do it.

--------------------

OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
Re: how often do you personally have contamination problems? [Re: agar]
    #3948001 - 03/21/05 08:32 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Yeah, just convert a bathroom into a clean room. I bought the walmart bleach spray, a three pack of lysol and some clorox bleach wipes. I remvoed all fabric from the bathroom, cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. I wear rubber gloves, a mask, and a hair cover. I use alcohol on all the counter surfaces and on my hands and arms. Out of 68 jars, I have only had two contaminated so far, and those I think were due to the syringe, not me.

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

OfflineFleaAccela
Hip-HopEncyclopedia

Re: how often do you personally have contamination problems? [Re: Photoguy]
    #3961466 - 03/23/05 07:29 PM (19 years, 4 hours ago)

awesome awesome AWESOME tips! thanks guys!!!! didnt even think about using spray lysol. getting excited by the moment :-)

--------------------
:royalrainbow:I love rolling... my Katamari!!!:royalrainbow:

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
    #3965340 - 03/24/05 02:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Man I need to clean my bathroom wow, I have like this ring in the tub, pumice stone time baby.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck