Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God
kits
    #394110 - 09/14/01 08:41 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

has anyone ever used the e-z grow shroom kit from homestead books I thought I would use it. because you only have to go thru two steps and you don't have to do anything to grow shrooms I figure since i've never grown this seems like it would be the easiest way to grow. the price is no matter to me since two1/4 sacks would cost about that here.

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGiga_Funk
Re: kits [Re: joe666]
    #394571 - 09/14/01 05:52 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i have never used it...i use no kits... i have more time than money...however if you have more money than time...im sure that it will work....HOWEVER..i dont know how the process could be more simple or fail-safe than the pf or the even better explained Magic Mushroom Growers Guide(they are the same but the MMGG explaines it better. But PF is stil the man)

The question you need to ask is how fail-safe is the e-z grow kit compared to the MMGG method.

I believe in magick

--------------------
I believe in magick

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
    #394622 - 09/14/01 06:57 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

search for posts on DB kits or dung brothers kits- they sound very much the same and there are quite a few opinions here about the kits. here's the address where you can find out about them: http://www.thehawkseye.com, scroll down about 2/3 of the way til you find the DB Kit link.

hell, even order a DB kit from ryche and support the vendors that support the shroomerry! ::grin:: (if you do, youll need to buy a spore syringe as well, get those from anyone including ryche...)

now that sounds like a good rallying cry.

***Please Donate Blood. American Red Cross***

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002
"Any data submitted to Shroomery.org becomes our property"

Offlinefiddler4u
enthusiast
Loc: Where the shrooms are gre...
    #394655 - 09/14/01 07:30 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

stay away from homestead. There are better places to look at...beside's you don't need a kit. Just look at some of the posts on here and ask some ?'s. I never used a kit, and i know my terr. is better then any kit out there! Save the money for a print or a syringe.

I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bare much fruit.
Apart from me you can do nothing. john 15:5

--------------------
I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bare much fruit.
Apart from me you can do nothing. john 15:5

Offlinehongus
somebody
    #394713 - 09/14/01 08:48 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

kits are nice, but any kit that says that you dont need to do much work, is not gonna be as effective as if you do. and not only that, it can up to triple the cost of your setups...

stay away from them, what you need for starting is:

-one (1) pack of brown rice flour (or whole rice and put it in an blender) ($3)
-jars (1/2 pint) ($10)
-syringe ($10-15) (psilocybe cubensis)
-plastic bin ($6-$12)
-perlite ($3)

total: about $40
a kit is: $80 (up to $300=ripoff)

if you know how to make a spore syringe you can order some from the FSR and lower your cost.
you dont need none of that agar and things that the kits makes you get. all you need for a *succesful* first time is patience and simple supplies and common sense...

instead, if you plan on keeping growing, i would buy a pressure cooker (check ebay, garage sales, thrift stores) and that will be the best investment you can probably make... and lysol.

anything other than that, while it might work, its more of a commodity...

reading is free

He somehow manages to breathe in his sepia, wounded-tea, liquid ambiance suspension.

--------------------
FOR LEASE: Up to 400 characters signature lot. Single owner. Great commercial opportunity.

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
Re: kits [Re: hongus]
    #394736 - 09/14/01 09:55 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

but remember the *new* homestead kit isnt their agar kit- its rye berries and compost and a bin, like ryche's. (yeah, i know a lot of people sometimes say that the db kit is a ripoff, but my earlier post about the kit refers to the new one, not the agar one.) << hug >>

ps love, you forgot the vermiculite ($3)... ::lick::

***Please Donate Blood. American Red Cross***

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002
"Any data submitted to Shroomery.org becomes our property"

Invisibleisis
addict
Re: kits [Re: oscill8]
    #394755 - 09/14/01 10:28 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Everyone is right here.It all depends on what you want. If you want to start growing as cheap as possible and you want to learn how to do it from the gown up, then buy your own supplies. It will be cheaper. You will gain valuable experience, and you will get great satisfaction of knowing you did it all. However,If the money is not an issue and if you want the convenience of having a good kit delivered to your house, then I would recommend the DB compost and rye berries. I would recommend it over the homestead kit. I haven't tried this particular homested kit, but I tried their last. I got decent results, but nothing to write home about. I had a yield of 7.0 dry onces from two flushes of the 15lbs of DB compost. I got rid of the setup after the second flush.( Long story) They were incredibly healthy, beautiful mushies. Ryche takes good care of his customer. If you have any problems he will take care of you.
There are so many options. Many good ones at that.It all depends on what you want.Some people criticize kits, but some of us appreciate their convinience. It's nice to grow from cakes and casings. It's fun to make your own set ups. I think all of it is great. Personally,it feels like christmas to me when I get a fun package in the mail. There's all kinds of teks and ways to great great yields.
Ps The DB compost is nice though. I don't want it sound like a plug in for Ryche, but that stuff is fluffy and nutritious.So, if I was determined to purchase a kit vs buying the supplies myself, I would go with this one. I believe the homestaed kit is $70 and Ryche's range from 115-150(I think). For the money, you will get better yields from the DB compost.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures