Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
If you knew you were going to die soon, what would you do to prepare spiritually for death?
    #3919702 - 03/15/05 04:04 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

What would you do to prepare spiritually for death? Or would you not do anything?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: If you knew you were going to die soon, what would you do to prepare spiritually for death? [Re: MOTH]
    #3919782 - 03/15/05 05:05 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

this. :wink:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: If you knew you were going to die soon, what would you do to prepare spiritually for death? [Re: MOTH]
    #3919870 - 03/15/05 05:50 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

I'm doing it. In fact, moments after I woke up this morning, I had one of those moments while peering down the hallway illuminated by a couple of those green nightlights. The thought was striking: "You are going to die!" I've had these moments before, and I remember my first theology professor having one of these moments which he related to our class. It had haunted him all day.

Recently I began to search for long-lost friends and college roommates. I found a few. I thought of contacting the first girl I ever fell in love with, but she later became known as 'The Heidi Fleiss of Aspen' in the news - a prostitiute and madam of a prostitution ring. Obviously I never forgot her, but I dumped her and thought of sharing how I felt about her - like I did with the high school girl-of-my-dreams AND the junior high school bully (who wrung his hands and begged forgiveness) in 2001 at my reunion.

Aside from tying up karmic social ends as best I can, I would (and I am) spend more time in formal Yoga meditation, practicing intense introvertive visualizations and breathing for the last moments in the body. I favor the Tibetan Buddhist exercises, while resting in the hope of GOD's grace, or GOD's 'Uncreated Energies' as the Orthodox like to say, for the Eternalization of my essential being. I wish to make death into 'a trip,' and experience ego-death as I have in the past on psychedelics. In fact, I would like to take a psychedelic to lend energy to my waning life-force in order to maintain vigilance (certainly not control!), but all this assumes that I'll have the choices of where and when to die, and consciousness of the event.

Although a Christian, perhaps Gnostic Christian or even Christian philosopher best describes my identity. As a philospher (or a Gnostic) I do not choose to be bound by the formulaic doctrines made by others that believers are 'supposed' to keep in mind. Therefore, the teachings of Plato on the Eternal Ideas (of which I hope 'I' am one) or the Buddha with the mudra of 'fearlessness' - right palm up and facing out - expresses the state of quiescence that I hope to die in. I do not wish to leave the world in the way in which I entered it - kicking and screaming.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: If you knew you were going to die soon, what would you do to prepare spiritually for death? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3919891 - 03/15/05 06:03 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Well he didn't leave much for me to say... as usual... heh.

What Markos said pretty much rings true for me.

We're all going to die soon, relatively speaking... so we should all be preparing spiritually already.

I've begun, but I have much to learn and (more so) to apply. My knowledge and wisdom have increased dramatically, but my ability to focus and apply that knowledge and wisdom is still hindered and lacking.

With a little luck, I'll be given enough time here for my apathy drain to be overcome by an increase in flow of applied wisdom...

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
Re: If you knew you were going to die soon, what would you do to prepare spiritually for death? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3919904 - 03/15/05 06:14 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

I would do nothing other than what I already do

...except - if we are talking soon as in a week or two - I would definitely walk out of my job right now.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3920012 - 03/15/05 07:23 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Doesn't everyone know they are going to die soon? relatively soon at least..

anyway, i don't think you need "preparation" for death or anything, death is a "ready or not here i come" sorta thing.

Gomp answered very nicely when he said "this".  :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #3920062 - 03/15/05 07:35 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Honestly. At this point in my life. If I knew I was going to die within the next year and there was NO HOPE at all.

I would call my buddy and get a $50 bag of H (I have never once touched the shit). I would get a needle (which I truly fucking hate). I would fill a tub up with nice warm soothing water..

Mainline a very high lethal dose of H and slowly slip down letting the warm soothing water encompass my face and body. Nice and peaceful..

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: If you knew you were going to die soon, what would you do to prepare spiritually for death? [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #3920117 - 03/15/05 07:54 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

6 months later a complete cure is discovered for the condition you had prior to your suicide.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: If you knew you were going to die soon, what would you do to prepare spiritually for death? [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #3920136 - 03/15/05 08:00 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Oh shit, pyramids.. I knew that avatar looked farmiliar... my first 'cid trip was on 1.5 tabs of pyramids... I drove for like a halfhour on the peak. :eek: Man, I did some stupid shit in my day.

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

#3920153 - 03/15/05 08:12 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Mind you - ur up in Heaven having a ball so what does it matter.

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: If you knew you were going to die soon, what would you do to prepare spiritually for death? [Re: CJay]
    #3920755 - 03/15/05 11:30 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

party like it's your last day on Earth... until it is the last day.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#3920801 - 03/15/05 11:52 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

i'd probably meditate a lot, try and talk to all the good friends i've had in the past, and eat some acid.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: If you knew you were going to die soon, what would you do to prepare spiritually for death? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3921549 - 03/15/05 03:12 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

C'mon now JC...did I hit on the same points that you would've hit on, or what? I left the whole novel universe of experience for you to expound on, so expound away! :smile:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3921582 - 03/15/05 03:18 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Take lots of acid and get drunk every day.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleBuddahKillah
U WANTFITE!?!?!?!?!?!

Re: If you knew you were going to die soon, what would you do to prepare spiritually for death? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3926447 - 03/16/05 04:07 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

I sure as hell wouldn't waste my time meditating. Shit... I would probably just look back and wonder if I would do it all over again... and if I could answer that question with a "yes" I would sit back and smoke a fatty. If I answered that question with a "hell no" ... shit ... I'd have to smoke two, go get some ass ... and then ask myself again.

Edited by BuddahKillah (03/16/05 04:18 PM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: If you knew you were going to die soon, what would you do to prepare spiritually for death? [Re: BuddahKillah]
    #3926484 - 03/16/05 04:15 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

I would slow down even more and even more often.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3926500 - 03/16/05 04:18 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

I would hug my loved ones
and then I would do Nothing.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: If you knew you were going to die soon, what would you do to prepare spiritually for death? [Re: Gomp]
    #3926534 - 03/16/05 04:23 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

and that. :wink:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Re: If you knew you were going to die soon, what would you do to prepare spiritually for death? [Re: Gomp]
    #3926549 - 03/16/05 04:28 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

A life reivew, sort out personal relationships, lots of Meditation, give away all personal possesions to charity or people i know who would benefit, seek some more spiritual guidence from living teachers, relinqish all attachment to this world, and then die peacfully. But then again all but the giving away of possessions i try to do already so death should not be that much of a problem.  :grin:

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Invisibleslowburner
Victrola

Loc: Castlevania
Re: If you knew you were going to die soon, what would you do to prepare spiritually for death? [Re: egghead1] * 1
    #3927081 - 03/16/05 06:19 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Id stop doing anything that didn't matter.

Internet would cease. No job. I'd walk around quite a bit. I'd visit my family quite often. I'd listen to what people have to say. I'd go swimming. I'd probably do some amount of drugs, mushrooms and Excstacy. I'd let everyone know how beautiful I thought they were.

Perhaps I should do this now? Many consequences have been burned into me though, and to do this because I thought it was the right thing, would mean failure in the eyes of many.

How ironic?

--------------------
Spiral Dancer

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order