Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineGrowingVines
Slowly Changinginto a Tree
Loc: GA
Re: The Process of Dying [Re: Swami]
    #1462922 - 04/16/03 05:26 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I like this description of death, i may not believe it. But, they will never truely know what happens when you die....until....you actually die. OBE are crazy indeed, had 2, both on life threatining experiences. Guess, i was ready to leave my body when my body wasn't really ready to go.

--------------------
Peace out my brothers, for everyone has a bit of insanity in them

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineJenherself
Just anotherchick

Loc: Alberta, Canada in a box
Re: The Process of Dying [Re: GrowingVines]
    #1464093 - 04/16/03 04:33 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Wow growing I would love to hear more about those. I'm facinated with OBE's, I've had four myself, they weren't on life threatening but they weren't induced by me purposely either so they were very frightening.

--------------------
TO EACH THEIR OWN
****JENNY****

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: The Process of Dying [Re: Jenherself]
    #1464545 - 04/16/03 06:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, classic Bardol Thodol stuff. The elements telescope into one another beginning with the gross and ending with the subtle. The parallel in Tibetan or Vajrayana Buddhism, is the five Psychic Centers in this system, and the corresponding structures on Tibetan stupas (the abstract symbols are a cube [earth - root center], upon which is a sphere [water - navel center], upon which is a cone [fire - heart center], upon which is is a hemisphere [air - throat center], upon which is 'drop' [aether - head center]).

Of course...these descriptions do not necessarily match everyone's near-death, ego-death, or profound psychedelic experiences. And it remains to be seen exactly how subjective Reality may prove to be, Ultimately. To what extent does a lifetime of psychospiritual preparation 'shape' the experience of death? Ultimate Reality, whether known as Sunyata or the Godhead will forever defy linguistic description. These terms may refer to 'degrees' of Ultimate Reality. Hindu theology has room for Saguna Brahman and Nirguna Brahman, for example. God with personal attributes, and God without personal attributes - personal and transpersonal. The transpersonal aspect resonates with the Christian notion of Godhead, the Buddhist Void or Sunyata, the Jewish Ain-Soph (The Limitless), and certain Islamic notions in Sufism.

Concrete thinkers in all religions will picture 'things' like a Heavenly Jerusalem, winged angels, a great robed Jesus. Or those fanatical Muslim males may believe that they will be rewarded with 72 perpetually virgin females for eternity. (Women don't rate a heavenly reward!) Mytho-poetic language, taken literally, is the bain of humanity. I think HH would agree.

BTW, welcome to the Shroomery - it needs more Shakti presence.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineJenherself
Just anotherchick

Loc: Alberta, Canada in a box
Re: The Process of Dying [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1464570 - 04/16/03 06:39 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the welcome. I know that every different person has they're beliefs on what they see before death or feel or whatever for that matter....I myself believe that and out of body experience occurs....you basically just leave your body and float around the earth for all eternity. Not sure exactly what you would see before hand, but I like the Tibetan way of thinking as to what is believed to be seen, seems peaceful and almost beautiful.

--------------------
TO EACH THEIR OWN
****JENNY****

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds