Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinezorakensis
Mad ScientistMeets CrazyHippy

Loc: Gulf Coast
Eating after Sporeprint Identification - Need Quick Advice
    #3906976 - 03/12/05 12:09 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Hey all,

I've been growing for a while now... but just recently found a few shrooms (5) in a field. They are all diff. 5 from different locations so I want to sporeprint all 5 before eating them. So I have 2 questions:

1) Are they still good and potent after printing?

2) If the gills and prints are black and the cap tan and they bruise blue are they definitely good.. or at least not gonna kill/poison me?

Thanks all... I wanna eat these tonight so respond quick...

Wait... just realized, I have already partially dried them... and the gills are a little smashed... how can I spore print them now? And one has tanish-yellow gills with a conical golden cap...?
TTFN,

Z

--------------------
Suspended in the darkness of
The cool and still Boulder Creek Night
I hear the song of the cricket
And locusts and frogs
And I wonder
Is this the life of a Mushroom - Barbara E Hanson

Edited by zorakensis (03/12/05 12:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Eating after Sporeprint Identification - Need Quick Advice [Re: zorakensis]
    #3907026 - 03/12/05 12:17 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Riiiiiiighhhtt....

Not to be a dick, but, you sound very ignorant.

You realize that there are hundreds of thousands of species of mushrooms...Only under 10 known species in north american are psychoactive.

We need a HELL of a lot more information than that to give a proper ID.

Read the sticky up top to give the right kind of information. For all I know you could live in frigging Antartica.

Offlinezorakensis

Re: Eating after Sporeprint Identification - Need Quick Advice [Re: angryshroom]
    #3907130 - 03/12/05 12:38 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

I live in the southeastern US on the gulf coast. They were picked in cow fields off of some shit..

They have white to tan edges with tan to orange-brown or yellow-golden tips. Not much of an Umbo on but one. Again, they all blued. They are all short and stout. Only one had a conical cap, the others were pretty much flat but I know that that doesn't mean much. The stems are white/off-white and hollow. The gills are attached to the stem.. I think... and to the cap. Except 2 of them the gills are black, those 2 have tan to yellow-brown sort of gills. On size, about 1 to 2 inches tall and caps are between 1 and 2 inches wide.

What aobut my printing question?

And the truth is I AM ignorant about picking. I've never done it before. I just picked them because I was out in a field. I am posting here because I need some human help and have no intention of eating them without the shrooms. I'm having trouble finding a friend who knows what to look for. So does that help?

P.S. what sticky?

--------------------
And locusts and frogs
And I wonder

Edited by zorakensis (03/12/05 12:40 PM)

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

#3907180 - 03/12/05 12:48 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

zorakensis said:
I've been growing for a while now...

Well, do they look like anything you've grown before?

P.S. the sticky

--------------------

Edited by ivi (03/12/05 12:57 PM)

Offlinezorakensis

Re: Eating after Sporeprint Identification - Need Quick Advice [Re: ivi]
    #3907213 - 03/12/05 12:52 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Sorry.. shoulda clarified... I've been growing for 3 weeks... I'm about to get my first flush so we'll see... But I've seen lots of pic's of grown shrooms and they are close!

--------------------
And locusts and frogs
And I wonder

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #3907230 - 03/12/05 12:58 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

huh?

you found five different species in five different places in a cowfield and you think they're all good to eat? or did I read that wrong?

what species are you after? psilocybes don't have black spores. in any case, taking a sporeprint doesn't affect the potency of active species.

Quote:

2) If the gills and prints are black and the cap tan and they bruise blue are they definitely good.. or at least not gonna kill/poison me?

I don't like questions like this. for one, I've seen MANY people here jump the gun after doing a little reading and say they saw blue bruising or purple spores when that obviously was not the case. no offense, but I really don't trust peoples descriptions on here and wont generally give a positive ID, which it seems is what you're after, without good pics, and a lot of times not even then. if you want to be safe, you go through a thorough description of the species you think you have and verify that EVERYTHING matches the description. you couldn't fucking pay me enough to eat a little brown mushroom that hadn't been identified that way, and I highly suggest against using oversimplified methods of telling "what's good" like the one in your quote.

our sticky post is here: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/2263556/an/0/page/0

DH

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags