Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offline2ndRegime
"Place TitleHere"

Loc: Western Region
Anyone here know much about the Law?
    #3872004 - 03/05/05 07:15 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hi guys I'm new here, nice place. Anyhow I want to have a little discussion on what people know about their rights when dealing with cops.

To start off I was walking home from my girlfriend's apartment at around 3 A.M. I am of legal age (no curfew) and was not doing anything suspicious. Cop cars see me and of course they pull by and question me. I thought "hey here's a good time to practice my knowledge with the law". So they ask me how old I am and what I'm doing at the middle of the night. I told them I don't consent to questioning without a reasonable cause and told them I was twenty years old and heading home from my girlfriend's apartment. They told me they can question anyone they like if they're walking in the middle of the night and that neighbors were complaining of "people hiding in the bushes". Well I asked him If I was hiding in the bushes when they saw me and they didn't say anything and told me to just get home. They didn't I.D me or anything so even If i was under the legal curfew age I would've gotten away with it.

I guess my question is: to what extent is it that you're actually consenting your rights to an officer? Oh yea and how do you indent in these things?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: Anyone here know much about the Law? [Re: 2ndRegime]
    #3872052 - 03/05/05 07:52 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

don't come on here and act like yer a big man saying you're not gonna aswer the cops question if your next sentence is answering the cops question.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Offline2ndRegime
"Place TitleHere"

Loc: Western Region
Re: Anyone here know much about the Law? [Re: question_for_joo]
    #3872957 - 03/05/05 03:05 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Well umm, Thanks for the such knowledgeable advice :rolleyes:. I guess you didn't even read what I was asking. I never said I was not going to answer the cop's questioning just told them I wasn't going to consent my rights. Even though I did 'somewhat' answer them I wasn't sure If I was consenting which is the whole point of my question. I don't know where you're getting "come here and act like a big man from" but if it came off like that I didn't mean to.

Edited by 2ndRegime (03/05/05 03:07 PM)

Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
Re: Anyone here know much about the Law? [Re: 2ndRegime]
    #3872986 - 03/05/05 03:17 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

US? Only thing you may be required to do is identify yourself. That's it, no showing of ID, no answering of questions, nothing except name.

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub