Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
i need a kiln or a small annealer, ... anyone know where i can get one cheap?
    #3843571 - 02/27/05 08:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yeah i need a nice used kiln or annealer, anyone know where i can get one for cheap? ill buy it even if its broken

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: i need a kiln or a small annealer, ... anyone know where i can get one cheap? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3843605 - 02/27/05 08:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Try ebay.

OfflineChronicmind
Stranger
Re: i need a kiln or a small annealer, ... anyone know where i can get one cheap? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3843632 - 02/27/05 08:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

heh you should see my piece of crap, skutt gm 10f with a broken out bead door that i crammed full of fiber blanket but it does the job, anyway, your gona end up spending between 500-900 dollars no matter what, a few pieces of advice, get a FRONT LOADER top loaders SUCK they are pieces of shit dude trust me, and you need to have a digital controller which run about 200 bux i got lucky and got mine from a guy up in boulder for 500 with a digi before the door was broken out, but if i end up gettin a new one sometime ill hit you up, and im gettin a new door for it next week.

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#3843706 - 02/27/05 08:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

on that glasspipes.org they have a supplies section with a bunch of websites. I know one of them supplies kilns.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

OfflineLouisSkolnick
nerd
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA
Re: i need a kiln or a small annealer, ... anyone know where i can get one cheap? [Re: Chronicmind]
    #3843716 - 02/27/05 08:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i found my old kiln (top loader) in the local newspaper. a retired arts and crafts teacher was selling it. sold it to me for 100 bucks. cant beat that deal.

--------------------

OfflineChronicmind
Stranger
Re: i need a kiln or a small annealer, ... anyone know where i can get one cheap? [Re: LouisSkolnick]
    #3843779 - 02/27/05 08:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

you use it fer glass?? how do you work multiple section pieces in a top loader? or is it for pottery and stuff?

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: i need a kiln or a small annealer, ... anyone know where i can get one cheap? [Re: LouisSkolnick]
    #3843781 - 02/27/05 08:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yea iv been lookin too zippoz, there was one at an auction a couple weeks ago but it was too big for me.. I just didnt have room for it, just remember every school and lots of little craft places have them so if you ever hear about one closing down find out what theyre doing with there junk. or should I say gold

OfflineLouisSkolnick
nerd
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: i need a kiln or a small annealer, ... anyone know where i can get one cheap? [Re: Legoulash]
    #3843845 - 02/27/05 08:48 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I used it for glass. It was a pottery kiln but we re-wired it and put a hole in the top. It was a pretty nice ghetto rig.

--------------------

OfflineChronicmind
Stranger
    #3843869 - 02/27/05 08:51 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

nice, theres lotsa glassblowers here, do any of you got your work online?

OfflineLouisSkolnick
nerd
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: i need a kiln or a small annealer, ... anyone know where i can get one cheap? [Re: Chronicmind]
    #3843903 - 02/27/05 08:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

nah, thats all past tense. i moved on from all that and sold all my stuff probably 5 years ago or more. glass blowing just wasnt for me.

--------------------

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#3843931 - 02/27/05 08:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

buld one for around 100 bucks
ruff idea as to whats nedded: heating eliments, thermostat, fiberglass blanket, steel chamber like u can use a toaster oven. Search it you can find plans.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#3843937 - 02/27/05 08:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yea i need it for glass, i have a few pics on hand

and some others in this forum, just sesarch my posts and youll see it.
there are deals to be had, i just checked craigs list and nothing...

a friend of mine got a giant ass pottery kiln from an art school for $100 i think im going to go and call around, and get the classifieds!

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineChronicmind
Stranger
    #3843986 - 02/27/05 09:07 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

your gona need a digi tho make sure on that one, they are worth every penny, esp if your selling your work, if your selling un annealed work right now, be sure to tell the person and replace it cuz many times they will crack from heat, although somehow a friend of mine broke every pipe he got from a shop, only piece he couldent break was one of my first crappy pieces i made before i had a kiln, but if your doing inside out work or thick stuff, make sure you replace stuff that breaks on people, no fun to buy a new pipe, light up and tink tink, your 20 bux is fucked cuz a crack just spreadaround the whole piece, heh my dad did that to his winshield, he poored hot water on it to melt the ice and cracked the shit outa it, i warned his ass too

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#3844061 - 02/27/05 09:17 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ha yeah, i am selling flame annealed pieces at the moment, but i happily replace any piecese that break, which has not happened. i do do alot of business with strangers, but i know where atleast 10 of my pieces are and know for a fact that everyone i know about is still working and un-cracked.

last night i sold a piece with a little crack in it for $10 to some dude who was despeerate. i kept it in my case to make it look more full. before i sold it to him though i took it and whacked it as hard as i could against my case of pipes to show that it was sturdy. the little crack didnt spread.

--------------------
PEACE

#3844233 - 02/27/05 09:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

you should NEVER sell any thing that isnt anealed in a kilm. Thats bad buisness practice. Ever since i been around it every one has told me that.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: i need a kiln or a small annealer, ... anyone know where i can get one cheap? [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3844338 - 02/27/05 10:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yeah everyone says that, fact of the matter is that a pipe that is bench cooled looses 30% of its structural integrity. and thats if you take it right out of the hottest flame and put it on the bench, i cover them in ash and gently lower their temps over 10 mininnutes. not the greatest deal, but it works.

as i have said i have dropped these pipes, and i just talked to 2 people that have some of my first pieces, which have been dropped and are still intact.

--------------------
PEACE

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
    #3844382 - 02/27/05 10:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

dont buy a small kiln, cause soon enough, your going to be getting into bigger things, and spending $900 more on a larger kiln

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

#3844399 - 02/27/05 10:17 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

as do a few of the ones I have owned. Its just the way it's supposed to be as a proffesional. Dont mean to be a mom or pop on the sub ya know. Just how I preseave how buisnes and conduct should be.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: i need a kiln or a small annealer, ... anyone know where i can get one cheap? [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3844535 - 02/27/05 10:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

oh i agre, but seeing as im a few k in debt right now.... a kiln isnt going nto be coming my way unless it starts snowing a hell of a lot

--------------------
PEACE

#3844650 - 02/27/05 10:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

the snow been alright over here. about five inches average a week. Next one comes in monday night or tuesday.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale