Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
cool mist humidifier or perlite?
    #379892 - 08/27/01 11:20 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

i am just starting out and i'm assembling everything i need to put my terranium together, but i'm having a hard time choosing which technique of humidification to use. i've got all the information and have narrowed it down to either using perlite or a cool mist humidifier. i understand that perlite works well but can be messy, and pose some contamination risk. on the other hand cool mist humidifiers (i have chosen not to use an ultrasonic) give a more optimum environment but i can't figure out how to adapt the humidifier to work in a 10 gallon aquarium. can someone show me some pictures of how they put the tubing or pvc pipe in their humidifier or explain to me and then how you put it in the terranium. and also what type of lid to put on the top of the terranium that will be airtight. and also if i go with perlite should i insert a drip shield in the terranium and use hand spraying too?? thanks in advance.

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: cool mist humidifier or perlite? [Re: XAZIA]
    #379896 - 08/27/01 11:27 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Perlite, no drip shield and for a lid, check out fanaticus.com, essentially, plastic sheeting tacked over a wood frame.

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
Re: cool mist humidifier or perlite? [Re: puscle]
    #379903 - 08/27/01 11:34 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

do i set the cakes directly on the perlite and how often should i change the perlite?...or can i just add peroxide and leave it inthere for the entire growth cycle and subsequent flushings? if i add peroxide should i leave the cakes on their lids?

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Offline777D777
Loc: The Universe
    #380044 - 08/27/01 03:43 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

just set the cakes directly on the perlite and bake the perlite after the cakes are spent. no peroxide.

_______

Eat shrooms and trip life away . . .
In my dream I wish to stay . . .
Smoke bud and live life high . . .
These, my friends, are words to live by!

- Dan the Mushroom Man (?nima)

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
    #380047 - 08/27/01 03:48 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

No, don't set them directly on the perlite. Slow down, fella. First we have to inoculate.

Offlineteonanacatl1
Stranger

Loc: NYC
    #380048 - 08/27/01 03:54 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

For Your First Time I would use perlite. However perlite is not fool proof, initally place your cakes on the jar lids and afert the a strong flush place them directly on the perlite. Some perlite can humidify too much so what i would do is put the perlite in the terrarium then add small amouts of water say like a cup every 2 hours as you add the water take realative humidity readings to ensure your humidity is right, stop adding h2o when humidity is optimal for growth:)

And I hope that you die and your death will come soon
I'll follow your casket through the pale afternoon
And I'll watch while you're lowered into your death bed
Then I'll stand over your grave till I'm sure that you're
dead - Bob Dylan

--------------------
And I hope that you die and your death will come soon
I'll follow your casket through the pale afternoon
And I'll watch while you're lowered into your death bed
Then I'll stand over your grave till I'm sure that you're
dead - Bob Dylan

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder