Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOisatsanaYert
Stranger
Paper on the spiritual use of psychoactive mushrooms.
    #3798033 - 02/18/05 11:14 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hi, I am a college student, and for a class, Drugs, Sex and Crime in History, I have to write a paper on a specific subculture that revolves around the usage of a particular drug. For my paper (due on the 25th) I was wondering if I could get some input from people that feel as though they (or friends of friends of theirs) are part of the subculture that uses psychoactive mushrooms for spiritual experiences. If you wish to participate, I ask that you tell me a little about yourself or your friend of a friend, your/their mushroom usage, other drug usage, and any sort of spiritual experiences you or your friend's friend may have had.

Things I am interested in about you or your friend: Age, general geographic location, hobbies, reason for using mushrooms, frequency of use of mushrooms, how long have mushrooms been used for, other drugs used, opinions on other drug users and users who don't use drugs spiritually, company with which mushrooms are consumed (general relation, ie: friends, coworkers, family members...), perhaps describe any spiritual experiences or breakthroughs, views on current drug laws, perception of their standing in society (how others view you/friend), perhaps even occupation, and whatever else you feel might help me.

If you feel anything is too intrusive, feel free to ignore it. I myself am very interested in trying mushrooms, but do not have access to any. I have done a fair amount of research on mushrooms for personal reasons and that is how I discovered this subculture. I am quite fascinated by it, and so I have chosen to write this paper on it. If you can help me in any way, I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

-Avril Fourteenth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Netherlands
Re: Paper on the spiritual use of psychoactive mushrooms. [Re: OisatsanaYert]
    #3798633 - 02/18/05 01:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

aloha.

i use shrooms for the following reason:
all things that humanity has ever done hase started with a thought.
so in a sense there is no greater asset one has then the imagination.
mushrooms provoke thoughts and imaginations that would not form withouthaving taken them.

a person has a personality but in life all kinds of things have an afect on how that personality develops. by stimulating the imagination we can broaden the vectors of our development.
to me its like taking your imagination to school.

i live in holland and shrooms are some of the things that fall under the 'tolerance policy' that allows for legal sale and use...
ive been raised with alot of personal freedom...

i have used the following drugs in my life:
-Tobacco
-Alcohol
-Cannabis
-Mushrooms

ive seen all kinds of drugss being used by peaple around me
and there is one in particular that kind of frightens me:
cocain...
its not the effect... but its freaky to see peaple reaching for excuses to circumvent the statements they made 2 minutes ago
about definetly choosing to not do any this time...

ive seen plenty of pills and stuff but it seems to take seriously irresponsible behaviour to realy get into serious problems...

either that or a poluted product...

im not sure what to write anymore but if u wanna ask anything i
have no problem talking about anything so feel free...

--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

OfflineOisatsanaYert
Stranger
    #3803673 - 02/19/05 03:04 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Fantastic. Thank you very much, I really appreciate it. Anyone else?

OfflineOisatsanaYert
Stranger
    #3805589 - 02/20/05 12:55 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

:frown: Anyone?

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: Paper on the spiritual use of psychoactive mushrooms. *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: OisatsanaYert]
    #3806238 - 02/20/05 09:54 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by wandrnshaman

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineOisatsanaYert
Stranger
Re: Paper on the spiritual use of psychoactive mushrooms. [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #3808168 - 02/20/05 07:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you so much <3.

InvisibleColonel Kurtz Ph.D
What What?
Male User Gallery
Loc: Shadow Moses
    #3809879 - 02/21/05 06:52 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

General Geographic Location: Spain

Hobbies: Studying psychedelics, video games, music...

Reasons For Using Mushrooms: Spiritual reasons, they make me feel motivated to turn a better human being, and make me able to materialize some serious philosophical thoughts.

Frequency of Use of Mushrooms: About twice or once a moth, looking forward to increase it.

How Long Have You Been using Mushrooms: About 8 months habitually, tried 'em long before that but was a one time thing.

Other Drugs Used: LSD, MDMA, pot and hashish (only a few times a month), cocaine, amphetamines, codeine.

Opinions on Non-Spiritual Drug Users: It's fine with me as long as they don't get into silly obnoxious behavior like trying to give each other a bad trip :mad2: However, I don't think it's possible to take 5gr and not have a spiritual trip at some point. People who don't haven't taken enough probably and are trying to keep tied to reality too hard, or are plain stupid and just look at the visuals :tongue:

Preferred Setting for The Mushroom Experience: Alone in the dark with some Hendrix and pink floyd on headphones, with a beer by my side, and probably in a warm bed.

Any Spiritual Experience or Breakthrough: Indeed. But it's too long, do you really want me to write all that? :tongue: Maybe I could write it up tonight...

Views on Current Laws: Stupid, and dangerous. There are too many myths because of the stupid misconceptions created by the governmental propaganda. The governments are afraid of another psychedelic revolution like the one in the 60's.

Quote:

They take away from the experience that is life. The world of psychedelic journeys is a wide one, with many tears but many smiles too. People who use them sometimes joke about dosing water supplies for a whole town. The reason is to show the ones scared of them how silly it is to fear something that paints so much beauty onto the canvas of life.

Exactly :laugh:

How Others View You: How should I know? I hope they love me as I do love them :grin:
Now seriously, my friends usually talk about me as a somewhat more spiritual and philosophical being than they are, but I don't really think so. I just think they don't talk about it as much :dumblol:

--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Offlinespreaded
always beprepared

Loc: outer rim of space
Re: Paper on the spiritual use of psychoactive mushrooms. [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #3810280 - 02/21/05 09:43 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You can use this info, but keep things annomous.

EDITED... had more time to think...

General Geographic Location: Southeast

Hobbies: Fishing, Camping, Star Wars, Meditation, Philosophy, and attempting to be a humble human being

Reasons For Using Mushrooms: Opening my mind to a higher state of perception. I think there is some mysterious unkown "thing" that most surely exists, and this "thing" links mankinds primortial beginnings to the present in the hallucinaginic (sp?) euphoria brought on by the ingestion of the mushroom. I have felt that a few times and really think its a link to something I/we will never completely understand In general a good trip balances out my life and lets me see what in really important, letting me get on with what matters most in life.

Frequency of Use of Mushrooms: every 1 to 2 months

How Long Have You Been using Mushrooms: 3-4 years

Other Drugs Used: LSD, X, pot, coke (rarely), pharms

Opinions on non-spiritual drug users: Some people cannot handle or are not ready for it, thats all I can say. I would have to say it found me, and generally does when I need it, not when I want it.

Preferred Setting for The Mushroom Experience: I like to trip at a show or when I have the chance to get out in the country a bit. I have to be in the right mindset though, and feel pretty good about what im gonna be doing. I like to trip with people that know how to. If anyone likes to do things that arent that cool or lose their chit Id rather just not do it around you.

Any Spiritual Experience or Breakthrough: Once I thought I was killed during a very intense trip. It was not that bad of an experience, in fact, it was quite Heavenly you might say.

Views on Current Laws: I do not want to live in a country where I am forced to pay taxes to the same people that want to lock me behind a concrete wall for enjoying what God put on earth for us to enjoy. It is not fair, in fact is down right not cool at all.

How Others View You: People that have known me for most of my life just wonder what happened to me and all say that I am different, freinds and family. I do not care about what they think. When I meet someone new, someone who gets to know me, I would hope to think that I come off as a humble, down to earth person. I cant say that I am however, cause I just try to be myself whenever and where ever I can. I am content with doing so everyday.

--------------------
I set into a downward spiral, Caught an illness that was literally viral -WP

Edited by spreaded (02/22/05 12:36 PM)

OfflineOisatsanaYert
Stranger
Re: Paper on the spiritual use of psychoactive mushrooms. [Re: spreaded]
    #3810809 - 02/21/05 12:04 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

This is going very well. Just a few more and I should be able to write this paper. And don't worry about anonymity, I'm not using any user names, or even the name of this site in my paper. It will be entirely anonymous. A tremendous thanks to every who has contributed.

OfflineTrippinNinjaBuddha
ShroominSamurai
    #3819556 - 02/22/05 09:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

nice man

General Geographic Location: midwest
Hobbies: singing, playing music, tribal instruments(djembe, didjeridoo), meditation
Reasons For Using Mushrooms: Always been interested in awakening to new experiences. Puts me in a fantastic state that Zen Buddhism describes as 'no-mind', allowing me to experience the world I am living in fully and without thought.
Frequency of Use of Mushrooms: 3 to 10 times a year
How Long Have You Been using Mushrooms: since I was 16
Other Drugs Used: Cannabis(once in a while), have used ecstasy, cocaine(hated it),
Opinions on Non-Spiritual Drug Users: I don't enjoy being around party-users (i.e. 'hey man I got this acid and this coke and i'm gonna kill this beer bong and just get fuuucked up maaaan!') but if people are using in a set/setting that is safe/healthy for themselves and not harmful to others, great.
Preferred Setting for The Mushroom Experience: Nature! Outside in the falling snow, looking up at the stars. anywhere in the dark with music.
Any Spiritual Experience or Breakthrough: Total one-ness with universe. POSITIVITY. Made me examine my negative qualities and relinquish them. Made me deeply interested in buddhism and zen especially.
Views on Current Laws: Fucking ridiculous propogandist bullshit. Caused mainly by the spread of disinformation by the religious conservative government. A total violation of our human rights and a horrible waste of taxpayers money, to say nothing of the mandatory minimum sentencing and non-violent prisoners and oooh it's bullshit
How Others View You: People think I am 'deep.' People see me as quite intelligent, and many people know that I use drugs and have had their opinions changed by conversing with me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

good luck man, this is good shit

--------------------
Jumped in a river, what did I see?
Black eyed angels swimming with me
Moon full of stars and astral cars, all the figures I used to see
All my lovers were there with me
All my past and all my futures
We went to heaven in a little rowboat
There was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom