Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Matter in Space, is, Space in Matter.
    #3789872 - 02/16/05 05:34 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Imagine a fantastic apple, matter in space.
It is space in this apple?

Imagine a dried up dead dying, apple.
Less space in this apple, drained, no water, it is compressed.

If you took all the water, in a human, and squeezed it, out.
(Bear in mind, we are imagining?) :wink:

Would the squeezed out water drained human; contain the same amount of matter, as the dried out dead person? :P

?If what else is missing; is noting, mind, so be it.?
-Unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Matter in Space, is, Space in Matter. [Re: Gomp]
    #3789887 - 02/16/05 05:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Well, a dried out dead person could very well mean: DUST

So i think the water drained human contains more matter than the dead.

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: Matter in Space, is, Space in Matter. [Re: exclusive58]
    #3789935 - 02/16/05 05:50 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

would a dried out dead person, conatine less space. than a water drained human?
:wink:

im thinking of mind, and space.. :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3790285 - 02/16/05 06:56 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
would a dried out dead person, conatine less space. than a water drained human?  :wink:

Either way, they are both gonna~ need some chapstick....  :smirk:

So, water = no matter....?

(what is the opposite of water....?)  :confused:

:heart:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Cat-a-pult, Pingu Slap

Loc: SoCal
Re: Matter in Space, is, Space in Matter. [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3791328 - 02/17/05 02:55 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yes, if the soul of a person has weight...? because a "squeezed out drained human" doesn't state that the human is dead. but a "dried out dead person" is dead. Therefore, if a soul has weight....the squeezed out person has more matter than a dried up dead person.

(assuming everything that has matter has weight and vis versa)

????

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

OfflineCaptainJailew
Apathetic and Idon't care

Loc: Central Texas
Re: Matter in Space, is, Space in Matter. [Re: uriahchase]
    #3791354 - 02/17/05 03:03 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If you were on the moon, chilling in a moon bar and you get your drink and when you pick it up you use way too much force because you didn't plan on your arm/drink weighing only 1/6th of what is normal, so you stop your arm abruptly to stop its advancement- the question is what happens to the liquid?

randddddoooooooom

--------------------
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: Matter in Space, is, Space in Matter. [Re: CaptainJailew]
    #3791770 - 02/17/05 05:27 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Mind as empty space.. life is filling matter, less space, less life, more dense more life in other ways.. :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: Matter in Space, is, Space in Matter. [Re: CaptainJailew]
    #3794120 - 02/17/05 06:00 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

CaptainJailew said:
If you were on the moon, chilling in a moon bar and you get your drink and when you pick it up you use way too much force because you didn't plan on your arm/drink weighing only 1/6th of what is normal, so you stop your arm abruptly to stop its advancement- the question is what happens to the liquid?

randddddoooooooom

Well, hhhhmmmmm....  That VERY question was asked just about 1 week ago by Zekebomb....  He was also in a bar - of a Hilton hotel on the moon....  Musta~ made a solid impression on you that wasn't taken lightly....  :smirk:

Clicky Clicky for the answer:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/3765001#Post3765001

>^;;^<

--------------------

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
    #3794158 - 02/17/05 06:07 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Something can't contain space. It occupies an amount of space.

Regardless, the answer to your question depends on how long the person has been dead, whether one believes in souls or not.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Matter in Space, is, Space in Matter. [Re: Alan Stone]
    #3794207 - 02/17/05 06:17 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i wouldnt be led to believe that a soul, in the notion as we can understand it, would take up any weight or space, it is more of a manifestation of thought, and thought does not take up space, for it is not physical matter, or is it, would this be the begining of an explanation fo rthe majority of the unknown category????

gomp, i think if you squeezed all of the water out of a human, that human, would be dead human, and therefore the answer of your question is yes, squeeze-dried human would take p the same amount of space as dead human, becuase squeeze-dried human, is dead.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: Matter in Space, is, Space in Matter. [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3794257 - 02/17/05 06:25 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

not a single one in this thread even came close to touching what i was suggesting here. so I'll just rap it here, i guess its to early. :smile:

maybe next time :smile:

Edit* I now think, what i might have been suggesting was that alive = water, so I was wrong in what sated above, I think.. :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (05/25/05 01:41 PM)

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#3794497 - 02/17/05 07:09 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Stone said:
Something can't contain space. It occupies an amount of space.

Incorrect....  Within an atom itself, there is WAY WAY more empty space as opposed to the actual matter comprised within an atom - in a volumetric sense of measurement....  The nucleus makes up *most* of the mass, the electron field of orbit within the "empty space field" is ENORMOUS in comparison to the relative size to it's nucleus....    (Very comparable in model to a MUCH speeded up solar system - much space....)

Quote:

Gomp said:
not a single one in this thread even came close to touching what i was suggesting here. so I'll just rap it here, i guess its to early. :smile:

maybe next time :smile:

::::scratching head::::
Well, a dried out human would have less water, thus less weight....  And the solid matter would be more compact....  But if water was equal to solid matter in the size of it's structure, the space within the matter *would* remain equal - weather solid or liquid.... 

So, to prove my line of thought, make the water in the human a solid - freezer time....!    :evil:    The density of mass Vs. volumetric size would be the same (minus the expansion of ice)....  So, the space in the matter *should* be the same either way....  Eeehhh...?    With death there would be no bio-electrical currents flowing, but the same would happen if you dried a human....  The person would just have no spark....  :grin:

Maybe I am not understanding the question....?    Am I missing something...?    I would however like to know your twist or answer to your rhyme....    :yesnod:

The time is next....

>^;;^<

--------------------

>^;;^<

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Cat-a-pult, Pingu Slap

Loc: SoCal
    #3797494 - 02/18/05 09:45 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

wait!!!!!! NO TWO bodies are the same!!!!! so body A would wiegh different than body B wether dried up dead or squeezed.

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

#3798651 - 02/18/05 03:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Incorrect.... Within an atom itself, there is WAY WAY more empty space as opposed to the actual matter comprised within an atom - in a volumetric sense of measurement.... The nucleus makes up *most* of the mass, the electron field of orbit within the "empty space field" is ENORMOUS in comparison to the relative size to it's nucleus.... (Very comparable in model to a MUCH speeded up solar system - much space....)

I know, but regardless of that simple high school lesson, space is not a component of matter. Matter is superimposed on the space-time continuum, not made of it.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#3799947 - 02/18/05 08:09 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Stone said:
Quote:

Incorrect.... Within an atom itself, there is WAY WAY more empty space as opposed to the actual matter comprised within an atom - in a volumetric sense of measurement.... The nucleus makes up *most* of the mass, the electron field of orbit within the "empty space field" is ENORMOUS in comparison to the relative size to it's nucleus.... (Very comparable in model to a MUCH speeded up solar system - much space....)

I know, but regardless of that simple high school lesson, space is not a component of matter. Matter is superimposed on the space-time continuum, not made of it.

All right, lets keep your space time continuum, and let me ask a question (or two, or three).... 
Maybe I have an idea with validity, maybe I don't....    Either way, I will play by your "rules"....  :grin:

OK, so you got an atom all spinning around in it's self contained orbit in the time space thingy~ (:grin:)....  What happens to those atoms when you take them ALL the way down to a temperature of absolute zero Kelvin.....?    Wouldn't the atoms theoretically STOP moving...?  Wouldn't this pretty much expose the actual "space" within that matter (within the time space continuum).... 

***IF*** this was a possibility, wouldn't the particles themselves become a more compact form of matter (not having the super-sized electron "bubble" orbit's volume to deal with)....?  Perhaps the atom would simply fall apart or shatter like a rose dipped in liquid nitrogen....? 

***IF*** this was possible, you now have free particles of matter only taking up the actual space they consist of (within the time space continuum)....  IF all of these particles were to start to gather, the mass Vs. size would be fuggin heavy & TINY - to say the least (:smirk:)....  Right....?  OK, so now this matter starts to heat up just a lil bit....  Wouldn't the collected HEAVY and TINY "spaceless" particles start making a gravitational force that would be stronger than any other gravitational force that we humans know of (in theory?)....?  Every other atom drawn to it would collapse under the pressure, and the ACTUAL space within an atom would be no more.... 

Perhaps this is what makes a "black-hole"....?  I don't know the theories behind those....  HHhhhmmmm.....  :confused:

I dunno~, another train of thought that hit me just now - that might be flawed as heck....  I only took introductory to physical science back when I was in high school....  So, by all means, PLEASE correct or validate my idea/thought.... 

(No sarcasm intended (besides the "space time continuum" thingy~....))  :grin:  :tongue:

>^;;^<

Edit:  "compact" was mispelled as "compatible" somehow - changed "idea" with one wrong word...!?

Edited by PhanTomCat (02/18/05 10:12 PM)

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

#3803529 - 02/19/05 04:28 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

"Wouldn't the atoms theoretically STOP moving...? "
Yeah.

"***IF*** this was a possibility, wouldn't the particles themselves become a more compact form of matter (not having the super-sized electron "bubble" orbit's volume to deal with)....? Perhaps the atom would simply fall apart or shatter like a rose dipped in liquid nitrogen....?"
I don't think so, but I'm not sure. The question was never raised in my high school career or in my one year of uni chemistry. So I can't continue this idea, for lack of certainty of the premise.

--------------------

- Aristotle

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#3803850 - 02/19/05 06:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Perhaps it is coldness that does take space out of matter, and matter out of space....? 

HHhhmmmm.....

:sun:

--------------------

>^;;^<

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology