Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBigwelby
journeyman
Loc: Canada
Tripping Solo?
    #376822 - 08/23/01 12:34 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Hey all.

Wondering about tripping solo -- I haven't personally tripped before, although i have had some crazy experiences around others tripping...i really want to trip by myself -- my mind is set for it -- but is it truly dangerous? I'm not really at all worried about a bad trip and as i said, would prefer to do this first one alone, but if you folks think it's truly not wise to trip solo the first time i might just have to reconsider.

Thanks for input!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineProduct
journeyman

Loc: NYC
Re: Tripping Solo? [Re: Bigwelby]
    #376844 - 08/23/01 01:40 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

If you've never tripped before, how do you know your mind is set for it? You don't yet know what "it" is.

Anyway, as for trippin alone... I'd advise against it for the first time. Read the recent "first trip" thread started by truballin for others' response to this.

Everything you know is wrong.
Bill Hicks' Gifts of Forgiveness

--------------------
Everything you know is wrong.
Bill Hicks' Gifts of Forgiveness

OfflineShiznitz
addict
    #376952 - 08/23/01 07:27 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

For your first time, you should really trip with someone else who has tripped before. You don't know what a mushroom trip is like yet, so please do it with someone else around.

After that, you'll know what to expect, and you can decide if you want to do it alone your next time. Even then, you should make sure that you don't take huge doses; you'll want to be in control, just in case a fire breaks out in your house or something...

LEGALIZE...

--------------------
LEGALIZE...

Invisibleisis
addict
Re: Tripping Solo? [Re: Shiznitz]
    #377022 - 08/23/01 09:48 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Some people may think this is bad advice,but if you want to do it alone go for it.I tripped alone my first time. To make it more interesting, when the hit of acid I took didn't kick in 15-20 min,I took another one. (ignorance) The outcome was the one of the most amazing trips I've ever had. Sure at times I got a little scared,but I had it in my head that if things got scary it would be ok and that I was only tripping..It turned great. Just don't look at yourself too much in the bathroom mirrors, and have a plan of distraction. Maybe rent a good trippy movie like fantasia 2000. So, if things get weird maybe watching a movie will save you.Also,it's never a bad idea to have some kind of antidote if you can get it. Valium or xanax come to mind.So, in a worst case scenerio you'll have a way out. Good luck with your trip.

OfflineTrauM
Poker Player

Loc: North America
Re: Tripping Solo? [Re: Shiznitz]
    #377023 - 08/23/01 09:49 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

He doesn't know what its like, but like most users he has probably been reading about experiences and what not for long enough around here and probably knows most of the things he should.

I say go for it, as long as your aiming at a mild trip so you can still know what you are doing..it is dangerous to be really tripping when your alone, you could be doing things to hurt yourself and what not, that is why most ppl will tell you not to tripl alone, and you really shouldn't but if your set on it and its a mild trip then go for it man.

Anyways, whatever your decision is, have a good time!

--- Catch me @ http://codered.xs3.com ---
kastro@marijuana.com

--------------------
Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practise to deceive..

OfflineTengu
journeyman
    #377084 - 08/23/01 11:32 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I think tripping alone has its nice side, thou i can only speak for triping with salvia because my nice little fungi won't fruit as easily as i thought :-)

I have made the experience that i can better "concentrate" on the trip when no others are around. It seems to go deeper, more visionary when i am not disturbed by people.
But: I never tried anything alone that i havnt tried enough with others to be sure i wont be harmed when i am alone. I think as long as you dont know what to expect, better be cautious. I dont say that something will go wrong, but if it does you will be safer with a friend.

If you trip alone be sure nothing that can harm you is around.

Offlineoptikal_trip
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto
Re: Tripping Solo? [Re: Tengu]
    #377137 - 08/23/01 01:38 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I tripped alone for my first time on shrooms.. I only did 2g's though.. I also tripped alone on my first "serious" 5meo-dmt trip today.. I think if you can handle it then go for it.

Does your God come in a capsule?

--------------------
They chopped her goddam head off right there in the parking lot. Then they cut all kinds of holes in her head and sucked the blood out. I think they were after the pineal gland.

OfflineCannabis
journeyman
Loc: U S A
Re: Tripping Solo? [Re: optikal_trip]
    #377188 - 08/23/01 03:45 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

i find tripping alone much more interesting but thats just my opinoin i find that its much more relaxing and i dont get as paranoid i have only been alone tripping once and i was tripping on acid not shrooms. if you are going to trip alone get some good trippy music and make sure you are relaxed and i wouldent suggust rideing something moterized. i rode a honad spree tripping once and it was fun but really scarey i had a bunch of spots and grids obstructing my view of the road and at one point everything went kinda sideways i can only imagine how i looked to other drivers so take caution if you have to do something that needs you to pay attention peace man and good luck if you decide to trip alone

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile

--------------------
''Emancipate yoursealf from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

InvisibleBigwelby
journeyman
Re: Tripping Solo? [Re: Cannabis]
    #377230 - 08/23/01 05:03 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for all the different points of view folks. I think i'm gonna go for it alone...i'm probably only taking 1-2 grams so i should manage to live. I really just would prefer chilling by myself and exploring my mind rather than having to deal with other people (or just another person) being around. I want to go to the park on a sunny day and just enjoy it all :) Expect to hear from me afterwards, and if you don't, I didn't make it! (going on a vacation so will prolly trip in a week or two)

Edited by Bigwelby on 08/23/01 06:21 PM.

OfflineDXMHEAD420
veteran
Loc: ohio
    #377236 - 08/23/01 05:20 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

for lower doses, its more fun to be around others. when im tripping hard though, i usually wind up by myself somehow even if i start out with a group. i like tripping by myself more.

OfflineJeeLiX
Sober
 User Gallery

Loc: Toostoned, AZ
Re: Tripping Solo? [Re: DXMHEAD420]
    #377249 - 08/23/01 05:54 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Tripping with your closest friend is one the best experiences you can ever have in my opinion. It breaks down all of the stupid barriers people usually have and you can really connect. After awhile you start communicating with half sentences or certain looks. It's crazy when you really connect and you are both thinking the exact same thing at the exact same time. When it gets like that we decide there is just no point in even talking anymore.

Tripping alone is also great, but if your tripping hard it can be a lot more confusing. But that can be a good thing. When your with a friend you can usually keep each other in reality. I like tripping alone when I want to get some really personal things figured out. I also trip alone just for fun now and then too. My first trip was mostly alone and I had a great time, first trips are usually the best so have fun!

--------------------
"If you don't stand up for somethin, you'll fall for anything." Martin L. King

Offlinewindex
old hand
    #377262 - 08/23/01 06:20 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Ive tripped three times now, the first time on MGS i was with freinds, the second two times on my own with mushrooms, persoannly i like being alone a lot better - i wouldnt recomend going over level 3 as it can be quite frustrating when time stops and you have no one to help you though, but if you can keep a level head and not freek out, its no worse then being EXTREMLY bored, (ie: walking in circles with nothing to do, and everytime you look at the clock it hasnt changed) just make sure you got plenty of things to keep yourself occupied for the next 6 hours and everything should be alright. Also keep in mind that you can have auditoy halucinations too, the other day i kept hearing someone/something coughing and choking, but no one was. I thought it was so real at one time I asked my brother if he was alright, lol, to my suprise no one in the house was coughing, and he just gave me this weird look like, "yeah, im just fine, why?" and i somehow managed to mumble out, "oh i just thought i heard you cough, no biggie" and all was well again.... just dont go overboard

You approach the turnstiles and know
that when you get there you have to give
the man two dollars or he won't let you
inside but when you get there everything
goes wrong.

Offlinepyromaniac
addict
Loc: Oregon
Re: Tripping Solo? [Re: windex]
    #377293 - 08/23/01 07:00 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Ya, looking in the mirror can cause your trip to go bad. And auditory hallucinations are pretty common. I had some for an entire trip. This, actually came right after looking into the mirror. The sounds were voices, that I could not make out. Also, on top of that were like 3 other sounds, almost like layers of sound. There was this really weird sound that I here mokeys making at the zoo. Then I heard a rap song on top of that, and another sound, like someone banging on a bongo drum.

That was really really weird and stuck around the entire time, never left. It got old really really fast.

Support the FSR!

--------------------
I admit it, Im a fungal-feliac :wink:
Support the FSR!

Invisiblebigidiot
Stranger

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: pyromaniac]
    #377368 - 08/23/01 09:01 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

InvisibleBaron
Brain Squeegee
Loc: FL
Re: Tripping Solo? [Re: Anonymous]
    #377780 - 08/24/01 12:47 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Tripping on your own, in my opinion, requires a strong mind and sense of self. There isn't anyone else to remind you that it's only a drug in case you wig out. However, you can SERIOUSLY focus on your self when on your own; no one around to distract you. I'd recommend having very familar things around you that have a good feel to 'em, lights or toys to zone on, and perhaps the number of your friend on speed-dial, just in case.

------------------------
We need a poetry contest to see how long the road is.

--------------------
Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed through a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, life is only a dream and we are the imaginations of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.

Offlinesurfacing0
Loc: Utah
    #378098 - 08/24/01 09:59 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

It just depends on what you want out of it . I was alone my first time with lsd and it wasn't fun. At the time, I only had a few good friends and none that I was really close to so I decided to spend half a day with them, and half without. As long as you are with other people who are also tripping, you should have a good time. I hated being around sober people. That sucked, but not as much as when I was alone. I did find myself and learn about myself, so I loved that now that I look at it. But as it was going on I felt like shit and all alone in the world. I wrote in a notebook I had and took up ten pages of thoughts that I really wanted to tell someone, but no one was around to tell. So it isn't as much fun, i think, but you will definetely become closer to yourself and your feelings.

~Prying open my third eye.~

--------------------
~Prying open my third eye.~

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
    #378433 - 08/25/01 09:45 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

If your minds set on in your probably going to be fine. Just don't go rock climbing or something like that. :smile: I tripped twice solo twice this summer and had great expereiences both times. Go for it if you are ready.

"I hate to say this, but this place is getting to me. I think I'm getting the Fear."

--------------------
Don't squeeze the pancake batter

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#378820 - 08/25/01 10:23 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

"I'm not really at all worried about a bad trip"

the typical newbie quote ... I used to be the same way. not to be mean or anything, but truly you don't just decide you won't trip bad. it just happens, out of nowhere. when you are freaking out on mushrooms with friends, sometimes you can be talked down (depending on dose and friends). but imagine yourself as the starring role in the absolute SCARIEST film ever, with nobody to help you. this is a bad trip alone. read my post about my recent freakout just so you know what you are possibly in for.

in contrast, you might have the greatest time of your life. pick very very wisely, and i wish you the best

We're all MADD here...

OfflineMushroomon
Stranger

Re: Tripping Solo? [Re: JeeLiX]
    #381118 - 08/28/01 10:40 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Tripping with friends, especially close friends, is by far better!! I can't even tell you, but I've never had problems tripping alone.

Have a safe trip

--------------------
Have a safe trip

OfflineI_AM_THE_WALRUS
addict
Re: Tripping Solo? [Re: Mushroomon]
    #381124 - 08/28/01 10:46 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

im tripping solo right now...acid though...and only one hit..but im still fealing quite nice and haveing a good time (thanks to my good friend pink floyd!!) and a black light.
Its not that bad...but for a first timer i stongly recomend tripping with friends...that dont annoy you...or wouldnt get you into trouble...or constantly hit your arm or something just to get a rise out of you...ect......

WE CANT STOP HERE!!!!....THIS IS BAT COUNTRY

life.....its sexually transmitted and always fatal.

--------------------
TRIPLE DIPPED!?!?!?!

hey, kid.... you wanna buy some lsd?? -me

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules