Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
re-casing
    #375305 -

I have been using the dunk tek for my PF style cakes for 2nd, 3rd flushes with success. I have made a couple of casings as well with two PF cakes with verm/crumbled cakes/Jiffy Mix and just took my first flush. How do I go for a second flush w/ casings? I hear people say re-case but I dont' understand how to do that. Do I scrape off the jiffy mix and then put the crumbled casings on some new verm and re-coat or what? I haven't done anything yet and don't want to f@*k it up.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: re-casing [Re: mrshrums]
    #375364 -

If the first casing isn't contaminated, you don't scrape anything off, you just let it flush the second time - it''ll be 5-8 days after first flush. If the first casing IS contaminated, you probably won't have any luck with anything, and it's probably not a safe idea to eat any resultant fruits even if you do.


---- Cantara

When I was young I knew everything


--------------------
---- Cantara

[green]Shroomism, please don't delete this thread![/green]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: re-casing [Re: cantara]
    #375525 -

I haven't spotted any contamination yet, but the casing is
pulling away from the sides of the container, so I'm taking that
it is getting dry. How do you guys re-hydrate a casing or
should I just pull off all of my shrooms and abhorts and let
it go. How many flushes is normal for a casing?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: re-casing [Re: mrshrums]
    #375538 -

This is what I do between flushes, take a knife to your casing layer and cut deep XXXXX patterns right down to the mycelia. Fill in any gaps on the sides with damp casing material. Give it a moderately heavy misting. Continue with light daily mistings until you see pins. They need fresh air 3 - 4 times a day. You should see new pins whithin a week.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: re-casing [Re: mrshrums]
    #375626 -

Casing is "pulling away from the sides?"
When your next flush begins and your basically getting the majority of your pins along these sides sounds like "casing overlay" and that sucks cause you'll get fruits and some might even be nice sized, thats where you'll only get fruits. This happened to me and after i got a few nice sized ones out of it I tried "deep scratching and re-casing" but wasnt too successful.


Tell me something good then I might agree with you..


--------------------
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."

"There is a wealth of information built into us, tucked away in the genetic material in every one of our cells. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature."

Tell me something good then I might agree with you....the Smithereens

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Can you case after your first flush? TheGreenLantern 3,055 19 04/29/02 02:53 PM
by Anno
* Casing cakes after first flush? shroomarium 1,694 2 10/29/01 07:54 PM
by mrdobalina
* Casing drying out after flushes Visigoth 951 1 01/07/02 02:14 AM
by Anno
* casing from "The mushroom Cultivator" upupup 19,465 9 10/13/25 10:12 AM
by yearofnolight
* Questions about Casing fireworks_godS 1,424 15 07/12/02 09:00 AM
by sBUD
* Casing - Second Flush - How to? Freezen 2,355 1 06/21/01 04:03 PM
by puscle
* has anyone really got second flushes?? jason890 4,335 6 01/22/02 11:11 PM
by fresh357
* Flip yer casings or re crumble? overlayed casing indicaz 1,250 4 06/11/02 11:11 AM
by angryshroom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
989 topic views. 20 members, 70 guests and 216 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 16 queries.