Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Women want U-M athlete put on tether
    #3755506 - 02/09/05 12:30 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.freep.com/sports/umich/harrison8e_20050208.htm

Quote:

"Exposure suspect maintains his innocence

February 8, 2005

BY MARYANNE GEORGE
FREE PRESS ANN ARBOR BUREAU

Katie Karlson remembers that hot August night on her porch near the University of Michigan campus.

For the second time in six days a large man was approaching her house with his pants down, masturbating. The first time he had covered his face with a T-shirt. But this time she could see his face, and he was standing much closer at the end of her driveway, about 10 feet from the porch."

ANd here is my favorite part. Its a sign that fascism isn't solely limited to high school anymore.

"But police and the victims want Harrison suspended from school or placed on an electronic tether until the cases are decided."

Just like a typical American.... they want to punish the accused before a verdict has been decided.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Women want U-M athlete put on tether [Re: YidakiMan]
    #3758301 - 02/09/05 09:47 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Why are you so pissed about this bit of bullshit? Was it, perhaps, YOU

--------------------

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
Re: Women want U-M athlete put on tether [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3758497 - 02/09/05 10:28 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

No, any punishment/monitoring prior to a guilty plea/trial is total bullshit.
TOTAL BULLSHIT.

THey may want it, but until there is PROOF of him committing these acts, ANY punishment/supervision is totally fucked.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3758507 - 02/09/05 10:30 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

What happened to "Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?" You think he's guilty until he proves himself innocent now?

Then you would agree with the government's drug tests, though a bit of a conflict with Thomas Jefferson and the Constitution.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#3758519 - 02/09/05 10:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Though I think it passed most people that you were indeed joking, as it seems to be a joke, the accusing of people before they are proven guilty and such.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#3758650 - 02/09/05 10:53 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

There needs to be no trial to suspend him from school, i hope you all realize that. I must admit though, i like to see your responses..I like to see that we have such freedoms and so many rights that it tends to go to our heads. That is not a bad thing.

Offlinejuende
feministpresence

Re: Women want U-M athlete put on tether [Re: Catalysis]
    #3759915 - 02/10/05 02:34 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

uh i think you are missing the point of the article here. its not about if the male here is getting fair treatment or what not [which is important for everyone] but what about the victums here. shit like this happens all too often. prolly more so because not every one speaks up

We believe the statements of the victims are based on fear, not facts," Chambers said. "He has not approached any of the victims or tried to intimidate them."But Karlson said there is no way to monitor Harrison's compliance with the bond order.

i mean what the fuck is this! "based on fear not facts". this is whay so many things are brushed aside. why some many victums voices are not heard. why so many womyn are afraid to speak up[among other reasons]
does he have to do physical harm to them to be factual???
[and even then that doesn't help-- think of all the unreported or dismissed casses of rape and domestic abuse that occurs]

don't look past whats going on here. cuz i'll be the first person to say that the u s government is fucked but...

Ann Arbor Detective Chris Fitzpatrick said Harrison is a suspect in 12 other cases of indecent exposure in campus neighborhoods between August and December of last year. As the weather grew colder, the suspect, whose description matches Harrison's, moved from sidewalks and driveways to standing on porches. He always targeted houses where groups of women lived alone and in five cases went to the houses twice

gee lets help this guy out. i mean he's done this before. should we really be worried about him being suspend or teathered without a trial blah blah if he's been reported of doing this before. its time to think a bit deeper.

-jue

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: Women want U-M athlete put on tether [Re: Catalysis]
    #3760282 - 02/10/05 04:44 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

my question is did any of you actually read the article..

HE'S BEEN CAUGHT MASTURBATING OUTSIDE A HOUSE ALREADY

he was charged with a misdemeanor

this was after police set up surveillence units, and saw his car in the neighborhoods complaints were coming from

he was released on $500 bail..

Now maybe it's just me, but I'm fairly certain that if I were the one doing that shit, I long ago would have been found guilty and thrown in jail. Of course, I'm not a college's good little football player.

He's been picked out of a line-up by several victims, as I said they've seen his car in the same area as complaints, they've CAUGHT HIM before.. how is that not enough proof to go to trial? I simply do not see what further proof they could be looking for.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Offlinegsmith
reformed lurker
Re: Women want U-M athlete put on tether [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #3760713 - 02/10/05 09:11 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

innocent until proven guilty only means that when standing trial the burden of proof is on the prosecutors. it doesn't mean that the accused is allowed to roam free until his court date. hasn't anybody ever heard of people being held without bail until trial? an electronic tether sounds like a much better option to me. i like the size of my asshole thank you...

--------------------
------
this is a signature

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Women want U-M athlete put on tether [Re: gsmith]
    #3762797 - 02/10/05 06:14 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

To Mushmonkey: I never said that he should not go to trial. My reason for posting is that the victims in this case want to punish the accused (he hasn't been proven guilty yet), before a trial.

To gsmith: I have heard of instances when a person was held without bail until trial. I have also heard of instances when a bail was set so high it was unattainable for the accused. But neither of these situations really have anything to with this case, since the accused posted bond. Now the victims are basically just whining, out of fear, that they didn't get their way in the first hearing.

To me it seems unethical to go back and change the results of the bail hearing. They should just procede to the trial phase and do the deed.

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
    #3762853 - 02/10/05 06:27 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Personally, I think it should be legal to masturbate in public. Maybe doing it outside the same person's house a few times constitutes harrassment, but I say let people wank in full view of other people. People shouldn't be so easily offended by bodily functions.

I bet I'm the only person that holds this view...

Edited by deafpanda (02/10/05 06:29 PM)

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Women want U-M athlete put on tether [Re: deafpanda]
    #3763857 - 02/10/05 09:13 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I think people should be allowed certain standards of decency in a public area. In the private areas of your home and property, I don't see any harm in doing drugs, masturbating, having gay sex, shit man, anything that doesn't doesn't hurt anyone else or go against their consent, but in public people should have the privilege of not seeing things, such as people shooting up heroin or getting drunk, people having sex on the sidewalk or masturbating, etc. What if there was a kid walking with his mom and he saw this going on?

In public areas, it could conceivably be considered harming others mentally, as you are taking away their peace of mind to be able to walk down the street without seeing some guy masturbating in the bushes or a drunk stumbling down the street and puking everywhere. Of course, it does make us consider where we draw the line between where our activities are private and where they are public, and what activities are to be prohibited in public for the health and sanity of average citizens. It is a tricky topic that should be addressed, but I doubt anyone has the answers right now as the current policy is that the government tells you what to do wherever you are, even in private areas where you don't hurt anyone else.

--------------------

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Re: Women want U-M athlete put on tether [Re: Ravus]
    #3765503 - 02/11/05 06:30 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

These days I suppose it would offend too many people, I wouldn't exactly ever press for legal public masturbation if I was in office, but I think that in an ideal society where there aren't any silly taboos (what do they achieve?), it should be accepted.

If we hadn't invented this ridiculous concept of "decency".  I can't understand how people are shocked by nakedness.

Edit: "I" before "E" except after "C". :wink:

Edited by deafpanda (02/11/05 06:32 AM)

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

#3765562 - 02/11/05 07:31 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

it's not a silly taboo, it's a matter of trying to keep things clean.

seriously.

i dont want to live in a society that considers it OK for every guy to walk around squeezin one off at random. you have any idea how hard semen can be to clean up. eww. no thanks. public places get dirty enough as it is, and you know damned well that a LOT of people would walk around squirting all over.. that's just too nasty. Sorry. Don't like sitting in old semen, personally.

--------------------
grar.

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Re: Women want U-M athlete put on tether [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3765569 - 02/11/05 07:37 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Semen is not intrinsically any worse than any other viscous liquid. Sure, there should be appropraite measures to keep the streets clean, but semen is just another sticky liquid which happens to have a great deal of stigma against it, the product of centuries of sexual repression.

Of course, as I have acknowledged, in today's society it is unthinkable for masturbation in public to be legal, what I am saying is that there is no moral reason, it is just a legacy of stuck-up victorian values. There is nothing inherently wrong with it, in the same way that there is nothing inherently wrong with the word "cunt", it is just something society has learned to be offended by.

Offlinegsmith
reformed lurker
    #3765718 - 02/11/05 09:15 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

well considering that semen can carry with it diseases, a lot of that stigma is warranted. condoned public masturbation is sort of a devolution to monkeys i think. what's next, throwing shit?

--------------------
------
this is a signature

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

#3766134 - 02/11/05 12:24 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Semen is not intrinsically any worse than any other viscous liquid. Sure, there should be appropraite measures to keep the streets clean, but semen is just another sticky liquid which happens to have a great deal of stigma against it, the product of centuries of sexual repression.

So do you regularly urinate and deficate in public?

Semen is sticky. It stinks. It stains.
It's not something I want on my goddamned park benches. Honestly. Think about what you're saying. Imagine a world where every bit of public property is semen-covered and there is no legal recourse.

Seriously.
Think about it.
It's worse than urine -- urine at least is more watered-down, easier to wash away.

Nevermind the fact that it's just plain not sanitary.
You.. do know.. that many diseases are spread through sexual fluids, right? yeah. That's not healthy.

For fuck's sake, people are legally required to pick up itty bitty dog turds when they walk their pets? I'd rather see a pile of dog shit on the sidewalk than run into a dried puddle of semen potentially -anywhere-.

Stigma? Yes, because it's fucking nasty, damn. It's nice when the place you live isn't covered in piss, shit, blood and semen -- you know, some people actually try to keep places like that? Clean?

--------------------
grar.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion