Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Women in combat [Re: niteowl]
    #4199413 - 05/20/05 12:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

>> So why are you pissing and moaning about women in combat?

because theres NFW im dying for haliburton...let alone becoming a rapist in their interest ala lynndie england either...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesnoopaloop53
No BetterFriend. NoWorse Friend.

Re: Women in combat [Re: Annapurna1]
    #4200041 - 05/20/05 02:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe women could be in some kind of combat role in the Navy or Air Force but there is just no way that they could become part of the ground forces in the Army or Marine Corps. It is simply unthinkable to put an 80 pound rucksack on a 100 pound woman and expect her to perform in combat. PT scores are one thing to go by, but then there is the actual job, it takes a lot more than being physically fit to change out busted track, used armor, or pieces of a malfunctioning gun in a Bradley or tank. There are a lot of jobs in the military that woman simply cannot physically do.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Women in combat [Re: trendal]
    #4200060 - 05/20/05 02:40 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
I would hope that someone who fails grenade training wouldn't be given grenades to throw :smirk:

It's not like they just pick up recruits and dump them on the front lines with no training whatsoever. I'm sure they have to learn how to toss a grenade, before anyone hands them a live one.

Agreed.  If they can't pass training, then they can't pass the training.  It may be only a small minority of women who can perform as well as men out there.  But why should that minority be held back by the rest of their gender?

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Women in combat [Re: Annapurna1]
    #4200064 - 05/20/05 02:41 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

In whose interest would you be willing to become a "rapist?"
I bet there's a whole huge class of women who wish they had been "raped" ala Lynddie England style, instead of the way they actually got it. I bet there's a whole huge class of men who would pay to be "raped" ala Lynddie England style. Maybe even some Halliburton types who would like Annapurna domination. Would you charge? Would you do it for free? Would you do it for free but make them pay anyway?

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Women in combat [Re: Silversoul]
    #4200094 - 05/20/05 02:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

But why should that minority be held back by the rest of their gender?

Exactly!

looner talked about letting the army generals and such decide, since they have so much experience with knowing what makes a good soldier. But by making a blanket ban on ALL women joining the front line, you take away the choice from those same generals!

Let them decide on a case-by-case basis, just the same as they do with men.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Women in combat [Re: zappaisgod]
    #4200338 - 05/20/05 03:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
In whose interest would you be willing to become a "rapist?"
I bet there's a whole huge class of women who wish they had been "raped" ala Lynddie England style, instead of the way they actually got it. I bet there's a whole huge class of men who would pay to be "raped" ala Lynddie England style. Maybe even some Halliburton types who would like Annapurna domination. Would you charge? Would you do it for free? Would you do it for free but make them pay anyway?

as much as you might deserve to get raped..im still not interested...ill just leave that to bubba instead...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4200375 - 05/20/05 03:45 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If individual women can pass the tests etc they should be able to participate.

Etcetera, bla bla.
Ofcourse.

But I got another concern entirely. I dislike the idea of sending women into an enviroment stuffed with acutely toxic nitrated aryl compounds, heavy metal fumes, radioactives, carcinogens, mutagens, scores upon scores of toxins and enviromental hazards, and then have them produce offspring a mere few years later. The age of being deployed on a battlefield will typically be a few years before they will choose to become pregnant and during combat action they will be exposed to a frightening array of hazmats in staggering concentrations.

It's a dirty job, and in our culture men tend to take those on themselves. If some women choose to do the dirty job and pass the required tests they should ofcourse be allowed to, but they are risking their future babies by setting up camp for weeks and weeks on end in what toxicologically resembles a burning chemical supply house.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Women in combat [Re: Asante]
    #4200399 - 05/20/05 03:50 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

That's the risk they choose to take by becoming soldiers.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #4200498 - 05/20/05 04:12 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Why would you wish to constrain a woman's options based on the hypothetical babies she might bear? Do you think of human females as brood mares whose most important function is to make more humans?

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#4200522 - 05/20/05 04:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

But I got another concern entirely. I dislike the idea of sending women into an enviroment stuffed with acutely toxic nitrated aryl compounds, heavy metal fumes, radioactives, carcinogens, mutagens, scores upon scores of toxins and enviromental hazards, and then have them produce offspring a mere few years later.

Why would you want to take away their free choice to put themselves in risk?

And are you seriously concerned about chemical exposure for people who are being shot at every day? That's one of the silliest things I've ever heard.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #4201528 - 05/20/05 10:00 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

We need the women to have babies if there is a big conflict with millions of casualties for a long time.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
Re: Women in combat [Re: downforpot]
    #4203038 - 05/21/05 10:59 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I ge annoyed with looner's beliefs sometimes, but he does raise a good point... Generals do usually know what's best when it comes to combat. Nowadays thought, I don't think you'll find that many generals who will exclude women.

Wars are different nowadays. Back in WWII when wars WERE trench wars and many of the battles were fought man to man... women might have had a tougher time. Nowdays war is moer urban, more of a head game for the people on the front lines than it is brute force.

I'm all for women in the military... But I'm also saying... it's about feeling comfortable. Being a solder during wartime is the toughest job out there because your LIFE is at stake. If a platoon of 10 men don't feel comfortable in a life or death situation with a woman on the platoon for some reason... you've got to think about the success of the mission first.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Women in combat [Re: BrAiN]
    #4203097 - 05/21/05 11:22 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It's got to be settled on a case-by-case basis, otherwise it is sexist. If we are to trust the generals' decisions, let them make the decisions on a case by case basis..

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4204254 - 05/21/05 05:06 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

All I know is that I'm sick of women's right bullshit and equal treatment. If they get equal treatment, they also get to fight. Sounds fair to me.

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Re: Women in combat [Re: looner2]
    #4205199 - 05/21/05 11:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If I was in combat with a woman, I'm afraid I'd always be wanting to get into her fox hole and would pay less attention to battlefield situations.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Women in combat [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4205534 - 05/22/05 12:24 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Then you shouldn't be a soldier if your that easily distracted. You also should masturbate more.

Quote:

All I know is that I'm sick of women's right bullshit and equal treatment. If they get equal treatment, they also get to fight. Sounds fair to me.

Damn right. I'm not fighting in no imperialists' war. If some dumb bitch wants to fine with me.

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Women in combat [Re: Redstorm]
    #4205637 - 05/22/05 01:04 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:

As long as the woman passes the physical requirements for front line duty, she should be able to go there. The same with men. If there is some scrawny little guy that cant pass the physical requirements, he shouldn't be allowed to go to the front.

To the best of my knowledge that is the way it works.

A general isn't going to let anyone (man or woman) go into front-line combat if they aren't prepared, regardless of how much the women-libbers bitch.

Quote:

Prosgeopax said:
If I was in combat with a woman, I'm afraid I'd always be wanting to get into her fox hole and would pay less attention to battlefield situations.

You would have never made it thru basic training with that kind of attitude.

Besides.....most of the women in the Army, honestly, aren't that attractive. The ones that are are married or have boyfriends.
Plus these women are Army soldiers. Your not going to notice or care that the soldier next to you is female during war. You just want to know that she can do her duty. (I have served w/women in the Army B4)

If a woman tells you to "stay away/keep your hands to yourself" you will(should).....

...it's called respect (main reason you wouldn't make it thru basic IMO :shrug: )

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Offlinesnoopaloop53
No BetterFriend. NoWorse Friend.

Re: Women in combat [Re: BrAiN]
    #4206215 - 05/22/05 10:10 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

BrAiN said:
Wars are different nowadays. Back in WWII when wars WERE trench wars and many of the battles were fought man to man... women might have had a tougher time. Nowdays war is moer urban, more of a head game for the people on the front lines than it is brute force.

They are fought differently, but people are getting shot and blown up the same ways. And in many ways more difficult ways because the enemy is setting up ambushes in urban environments where they can cut you off from reinforcements.

I weighed 200 pounds when I was in Iraq add to that all my gear when I went out on mission and I'm in the 250-260 ballpark. Now how many women could have snatched me up and out if harms way if something should have happened?

The Army is a big slow organization at times and to try and judge a females abilities on a case by case basis when we all know that the majority will not pass is a HUGE waste of rescources. It is much better to just tell the women that most of them are inferior to men in combat roles.

Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: Women in combat [Re: snoopaloop53]
    #4206251 - 05/22/05 10:26 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

What? That's rediculous. How hard is it to test a person on a physical fitness course. If you pass you pass, if you don't you don't.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#4206269 - 05/22/05 10:33 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Exactly!

looner talked about letting the army generals and such decide, since they have so much experience with knowing what makes a good soldier. But by making a blanket ban on ALL women joining the front line, you take away the choice from those same generals!

Let them decide on a case-by-case basis, just the same as they do with men.

I also made the argument that there are inherent intincts that come into play when a female is on the front lines with men. War can bring out many primal instincts, sex included, which is not something you want soldiers thinking about, or having the temptation for in life/death situations. Couple the fact that soldiers may not act rationally if a female soldiers is in trouble opposed to a male soldier, purely based off instinct and the males desire to protect a female in trouble, this situation could cause more deaths than it saves.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom