Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #3713754 -

Prosgeopax said:
zahudulallah said:
Why does everyone "love their government" in the US - and associate it with patriotism?



Why do people from other countries make blatantly false statements about everyone in the US?



Blatantly false? I'm IN the U.S.A., and I can say my observations have proved that true. This place is a shithole  :smirk:


--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: Ravus]
    #3713788 -

Yes, blatantly false. Everyone in the US does not "love their government" and associate it with patriotism. You observations are obviously very limited in scope. How old are you? How many people in the US have you talked to or read their opinions? I'm betting not all of them, because even reading opinions of certain Americans on THIS BOARD would be enough to convince you that the statement was blatantly false. As an American, I can assure you that the statement does not apply to me and I can name at least half a dozen people that I regularly associate with whose opinions render the statement false.

**edit ** By your statements, can I safely assume that the statement DOES apply to you? (You're part of 'everyone' aren't you?)


--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #3713970 -

I think it's important to consider exactly what the current limits of free speech are. Thanks to the ACLU neo-nazis and white supremecists have the right to have a parade. As it stands, in theory Islamic militants should be able to preach terrorism as long as they don't practice it.

There is a reasonable limit of free speech, like yelling 'Fire!' in a crowded theater. Speech that promotes hatred or violence need not be tolerated. I believe this is what the kids are referring to, and I can't really disagree with them as to how the 1st amendment is interpereted today. As it was written I don't see a problem.


--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3714473 -

The old 'Fire in the Movie Hole argument. Well played. But just that.

If an Imam in the United States or anywhere else wants to call the U.S. an enemy of Muslims and OBL a Modern-day Saladin, it should be his right to. If a minister wants to call Prophet Muhammad a war monger and Islam a wicked and evil religion, it should be his right to. If a rabbi wants to rant how Jews are superior beings to goyims, it should be his right to.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3714658 -

Neo-nazis and white supremecists should have the right to have a parade.


But children in public schools should also be allowed to have a Jesus club if they want to.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #3715501 -

Knowing the common usage of everyone and not taking it literally, the statement does hold true. When you say, Everyone in the Netherlands seems to be for the legalization of pot, it's commonly understood it's not EVERYONE, but just a simple way of saying a good majority.

After all the flags, bumper stickers, Support Our Troops labels, and hatred of others that went on after 9/11, and still continues to this day, his statement holds correct, quite the majority of Americans are indeed like that.


--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: Ravus]
    #3715585 -

Like Ravus said, when people say everyone they are not referring to 100% of Americans but the majority. I also agree anyone should have the right to parade or protest for any reason they see fit. They are just trying to get thier point across to other people. If it's a white supremisist trying to get his point out it's up to the public to consider what hes saying, and realize he's a hate filled ignorant person who doesnt make much of a point. On the other hand if he kills a black guy punish him.


--------------------
"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do." -Bob Dylan

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted."
-John Lennon

"I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace. Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war."
-Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3717089 -

Divided_Sky said:
I think it's important to consider exactly what the current limits of free speech are. Thanks to the ACLU neo-nazis and white supremecists have the right to have a parade. As it stands, in theory Islamic militants should be able to preach terrorism as long as they don't practice it.



Which is exactly why I'm glad we have the ACLU. Freedom of speech means nothing if it can't protect the speech of those we hate most.

Quote:
There is a reasonable limit of free speech, like yelling 'Fire!' in a crowded theater. Speech that promotes hatred or violence need not be tolerated.



Define "promote." What about hatred and violence towards other countries? Should war-mongers be censored?

Quote:
I believe this is what the kids are referring to, and I can't really disagree with them as to how the 1st amendment is interpereted today. As it was written I don't see a problem.



If saying something directly puts people in danger, then I can see limiting such speech. Other than that, the government needs to back the fuck down.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: Ravus]
    #3717131 -

I don't support the troops. Since when do I have to support them? Since Viet Nam? WAaaaaa, that is not enought to make me support "The Troops". I was in the army myself and I'll need more than viet nam to convince me of their good intentions.


--------------------

http://www.sacredshrooms.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: mabus]
    #3718116 -

:thumbup:

Fuck the troops. They're killing innocent people everyday. A handful of them are brainwashed imbeciles who think it's 'cool' to shoot ragheads.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3722130 -

zahudulallah said:
:thumbup:

Fuck the troops. They're killing innocent people everyday. A handful of them are brainwashed imbeciles who think it's 'cool' to shoot ragheads.



Let's apply that same train of thought to Muslims.

Fuck the ragheads.  They're killing innocent people everyday.  A handful of them are brainwashed imbeciles who think it's 'cool' to blow themselves up in the middle of large crowds.

Uhoh looks like we're stuck in a loop with that kind of thinking.


--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3722399 -

Mushmonkey said:
zahudulallah said:
:thumbup:

Fuck the troops. They're killing innocent people everyday. A handful of them are brainwashed imbeciles who think it's 'cool' to shoot ragheads.



Let's apply that same train of thought to Muslims.

Fuck the ragheads*.  They're killing innocent people everyday.  A handful of them are brainwashed imbeciles who think it's 'cool' to blow themselves up in the middle of large crowds.

Uhoh looks like we're stuck in a loop with that kind of thinking.



*insurgents. Don't generalize. Thank you.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3722617 -

zahudulallah said:
Mushmonkey said:
zahudulallah said:
:thumbup:

Fuck the troops. They're killing innocent people everyday. A handful of them are brainwashed imbeciles who think it's 'cool' to shoot ragheads.



Let's apply that same train of thought to Muslims.

Fuck the ragheads*.  They're killing innocent people everyday.  A handful of them are brainwashed imbeciles who think it's 'cool' to blow themselves up in the middle of large crowds.

Uhoh looks like we're stuck in a loop with that kind of thinking.



*camel fuckers. Don't generalize. Thank you.



Fixed  :wink:


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3722631 -

zahudulallah said:
:thumbup:

Fuck the troops. They're killing innocent people everyday. A handful of them are brainwashed imbeciles who think it's 'cool' to shoot ragheads.



I think that's pretty terrible that you seem to value the lives of people who strap bombs to themselves and kill children, over our soldiers.


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: blacksabbathrulz]
    #3724003 -

blacksabbathrulz said:
zahudulallah said:
Mushmonkey said:
zahudulallah said:
:thumbup:

Fuck the troops. They're killing innocent people everyday. A handful of them are brainwashed imbeciles who think it's 'cool' to shoot ragheads.



Let's apply that same train of thought to Muslims.

Fuck the ragheads*.  They're killing innocent people everyday.  A handful of them are brainwashed imbeciles who think it's 'cool' to blow themselves up in the middle of large crowds.

Uhoh looks like we're stuck in a loop with that kind of thinking.



*camel fuckers*****. Don't generalize. Thank you.



Fixed  :wink:




*****Poor people with guns


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: blacksabbathrulz]
    #3724018 -

blacksabbathrulz said:
zahudulallah said:
:thumbup:

Fuck the troops. They're killing innocent people everyday. A handful of them are brainwashed imbeciles who think it's 'cool' to shoot ragheads.



I think that's pretty terrible that you seem to value the lives of people who strap bombs to themselves and kill children, over our soldiers.



No. Read carefully. Interpret me carefully. I AM COMPARING U.S. soldiers to Iraqi gunmen. I was about to further express my thoughts to you, but you are seemingly a racist, so I'll leave it at this.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3724517 -

This country is slowly going downhill. Time to rethink Canada.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Fascism then. Fascism now?
( 1 2 all )
trendalM 3,110 28 12/05/05 06:51 PM
by zappaisgod
* Fascism vs. Libertarianism: philosophical undertones
( 1 2 all )
DoctorJ 2,890 27 06/08/04 11:59 AM
by DoctorJ
* 14 pts of Fascism musicturkey 1,281 11 08/02/06 07:03 PM
by musicturkey
* all I have to say is.........fascism ! Psilocybeingzz 793 4 08/04/18 08:21 PM
by wordman1
* Fascism and its allure
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 2,438 23 10/03/05 09:42 AM
by IgnatiusJReilly
* Fascism
( 1 2 all )
silversoul7 3,432 31 02/25/04 10:32 AM
by TheOneYouKnow
* do right wingers really support fascism?
( 1 2 all )
KingOftheThing 3,628 30 03/19/06 05:57 PM
by nonick
* 14 Characteristics of Fascism. Adamist 913 9 06/29/03 08:55 AM
by silversoul7

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
1,739 topic views. 1 members, 2 guests and 13 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 17 queries.