Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: HPS, Perlite, Portable Greenhouse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Poppies and MJ questions
    #3717423 - 02/02/05 04:25 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hi guys i am about to start growing some poppies and MJ. a few questions for you:

1)i am planning to grow the poppies indoors. should i put the seeds ON the soil or i should put a little soil on the seeds?
2)after i plant the seeds whould i water them once every day pouring water from a cup full of water? i should just mist with a sprayer?

3)and about MJ... i think i wanna try it outdoors.are there any temeprature limits that i should now about growing outdoors? i live in greece. 14C in the day and 5C in the night is the temp now.

thank you!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Poppies and MJ questions [Re: Hamurabi]
    #3718711 - 02/02/05 01:17 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

1)put the poppies on teh soil sprinkle a little over it for more information on poppys check out the faq at the top of this forum.

2)you cant pour water on seeds that shallow use a mister

3)you can start them indoors or in a green house then move them outside AFTER the last freeze. check out www.overgrow.com for just about everything you ever needed to know about growing pot.

Peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Poppies and MJ questions [Re: blaze2]
    #3718992 - 02/02/05 02:36 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Dont grow teh poppys indoors.. Id start the pot plants indoors under 24/0 light scedual. Then move them outdoors when you want to start flowering.

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
    #3719506 - 02/02/05 04:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I thought it was strange you wanted to grow cannabis outdoors and poppies indoor too :crazy:

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#3719596 - 02/02/05 04:56 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I suggest planting the poppies outdoors. You can water your plot, sprinkle the seeds on the soil mix, and then mist. Don't pour water directly on the seeds, they are very fragile at the beginning.

As for the MJ, I know they are pretty hardy plants, but I can't give you any exact numbers, sorry. It would probably depend on the strain though, but I think they should be alright if the lowest it gets in 5 degrees celsius (41 degrees fahrenheit for those in the US).

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

OfflineMrMolotov
Ganja Patrol
Male

Loc: SoCal
Re: Poppies and MJ questions [Re: theocean06]
    #5274370 - 02/07/06 07:58 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

On the marijuana try to find out when your last expected frost or freeze is and plant after that.
What i would do would be to veg your MJ plants indoors and then transplant outdoors in the spring so they are already large and have all spring to get bigger and then they should get massive and yield you tons and tons of primo buds;)

--------------------

OI OI OI

Offlineparadok
polly para dokta
Male User Gallery

Loc: Melbourne Australia
Re: Poppies and MJ questions [Re: MrMolotov]
    #5627686 - 05/14/06 10:57 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Im new to this forum, but far from new to growing MJ. Through ten years of consulting many growers both locally and abroad I have learned a lot. Please feel free to message directly if you have any further questions.
Growing outdoors though very low maintenance comparatively to indoor rarely if ever can achieve the same results as a climate controled environment.
I would only recommend growing outdoors in the most tropical and suited climates. I would sprout in an incubation tray (either store bought or makeshift). and vegitate them under 24/7 lighting until you achieve a desirable size.
Be careful for overgrowing in vegatative stage as they will grow larger (vegatatively) whilst in flowering cycle.
When growing indoors be sure not to allow ANY light to enter the room during the crops sleeping hours. (I learned this the hard way in my beginner days).
Even the smallest amount of light can severely slow and almost stop your crops flowering.
I recommend rockwool (I prefer shreaded) as it has fantastic air and water retention that will keep your plants alive for longer then any other medium in the event of a power outage, and if you are unable to attend to your crop for several days.I have read from reliable sources that rockwool has been scientifically studied and is superior in terms of water retention and airation over all other common mediums (perlite, compressed clay etc) I would use preferably Metal Halide for vegatative periods, and HPS (high pressure sodium) for floweing cyles. If you (as many) cannot or would not invest such moneys in purchasing both I would suggest Metal Halide. I have grown using both on their own and in conjunction, and I have found Halide will almost definately produce a meatier yield. HPS (INHO) will produce a more spectacular flower/bud, but weight will suffer. By reducing a lighting cycle to budding mode the plants will definately flower better then the average man can hope for. Using both HPS and halide is ideal, but by no means nessisary. If you do choose to grow outdoors as many prefer too, I would suggest you use a greenhouse method to reduce the risk of damage from frost, wind, and or pest damage.
You can simply make a appropriately sized tube of chicken wire and wrap it with clear plastic. It should obviously allow ample air flow (perhaps cut some small holes in the plastic) more often then not, a homemade method such as this will not be 'airtight' anyway, so I would'nt worry too much.
If you are growing quantitys, you can always build a frame (skeleton) of a green house and cover/wrap the entire structure with clear plastic. this method obviously will be more expensive, more time consuming, and will need to be far sturdier then the wire method.
If you prefer to, and would like to eliminate the chicken wire it is also effective to place any number of stakes greater then 3 (I suggest at least 4-5) posts evenly around the circumference of the plant and wrap plastic around the stakes.
Be aware though that this method means greater inconvenience if you wish to (or need to) move the plant in a hurry as the stakes will be driven into the ground.

I could go on and on and on, but I think I'll cut it short here.
If you (or anyone else) would like to know any more about growing, curing, taking cuttings, or almost any methods used in MJ growing, please feel free to ask me via a personal message or in a thread (please draw my attention to the thread via a private message though of course :smile:

I dont want to come across as 'the new guy who thinks he knows it all' but I did in fact moderate a growers site for some time devoted entirely to growing mary J. I enjoy sharing the information I aquired, and were it not for the kindness of growers FARRRRR more advanced and knowledgeble then I my own experiences growing would have been far less pleasant and fruitful then they actually were.

(I seriously doubt he'll ever see this, but 'a huge thankyou to my mentor, Canada's own 'Magicman'. The best grower I have ever known, and a true expert and intellectual.
Sound like Im accepting an award kinda huh? :p lol sorry, dont mean to sound arrogant. If it were'nt for his help and teaching I wouldnt know a half of what I now know. (which is still about a third what he does! :smile:

Take care,

Paradoks (I can be emailed direct on: 

alxan76@hotmail.com

--------------------
rehab is for quitters

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: HPS, Perlite, Portable Greenhouse

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden