Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecdchriscd
Green Acres

Loc: FL
MJ grow log.
    #1658882 - 06/24/03 03:43 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I have three small MJ plants (about 5 inches high). I want to put them all in their own pots and bring them indoors, what is the minimum wattage bulb I need to keep them alive and healthy? Keep in mind I don't want cash crop, just enough for personal use (I don't expect to never have to buy again, I just want to smoke some homegrown from time to time). Thanks.

Edited by cdchriscd (06/25/03 05:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Lighting question. [Re: cdchriscd]
    #1658996 - 06/24/03 04:27 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i dont know much about growing, i do know 3 lil plants in yur basement is gonna give you a lifetime stash, dude pot would be sooo cheap if that was the case

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinecdchriscd
Green Acres

Re: Lighting question. [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1659003 - 06/24/03 04:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know if you meant to say won't give me a lifetime stash? Anyhow I said in my post I'm not looking for a cash crop, or "lifetime stash", I just want to smoke something I've grown myself from time to time. I think that's understandable.

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
    #1659071 - 06/24/03 04:48 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

sorry to update your post with false hopes of an answer. I dont have one. Though, id like read an answer to your question as well.

On a side note, i was wondering when you planted your cannibas seeds, did you plant them straight into the soil/ground/dirt. Or did you use some other method? A friend of mine put his seeds in a wet cloth and let them sprout like that, then planted them into soil. Also, if you planted them into the soil as a seed, how far would you say you planted it?

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Offlinecdchriscd
Green Acres

Re: Lighting question. [Re: thePatient]
    #1659095 - 06/24/03 04:55 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I bought these little peatmos potters that break up in dirt and water so you can transplant a seedling without disturbing the roots (bought them for my poppies). I had never planted MJ before so I did various depths. I planted four seedlings on with the seed all the way at the bottom, one middle, one close to top, and the other I just sprinkled a little soil on(this one didn't sprout). The three others did. So basically I just put them right in soil and kept them nice and moist.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1659214 - 06/24/03 05:31 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

you did say you want a lifetime supply, you said you never want to buy again, like 6 plants in rotation could get you that, 3 maturing, while three are getting big

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinecdchriscd
Green Acres

Re: Lighting question. [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1659219 - 06/24/03 05:33 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"(I don't expect to never have to buy again, I just want to smoke some homegrown from time to time)" You're mistaken.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1659256 - 06/24/03 05:50 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yes i am, sorry.

--------------------

Anonymous

Post deleted by Papaver [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1660950 - 06/25/03 09:41 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Offlinecdchriscd
Green Acres

Re: Lighting question. [Re: ]
    #1661332 - 06/25/03 12:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

They each have about 10 leaves (not counting little sprouts). I started them outside, but they're getting too noticeable, so I must bring them inside. I've lined my grow room with foil (I read there is no danger of hot spots if using under 600 watt bulbs), and I think I'm going to use the compact fluorescence tek (with soda cans and all) from overgrow. I'll use two bulbs and add more as is required. It seems more cost efficient (between $2.35 and $3.01 a month). Though if I'm wrong correct me.

EDIT: What are veg nuts?

Edited by cdchriscd (06/25/03 12:30 PM)

Offlinecdchriscd
Green Acres

#1661971 - 06/25/03 04:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'm all setup. Two 45 watt compact fluorescence bulbs, a whole room of tin foil, and three plants. I scorched one leaf so far, but nothing major. I think the lights I have will be sufficient. The room is so bright I can barely stand being in there for more than a minute. I'll keep you updated.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1662061 - 06/25/03 04:48 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You want lumens and such. More Wattage more energy. Just cause it's bright doesn't mean much.

You could go to like home depot get some flourescent plant lights and maybe one of those small flood lights designed for plants and bonsai your weed. Or keep it outside and bonsai the weed. There are a few posts about it, i made one with a decent pictorial. Bonsai Buds

Offlinecdchriscd
Green Acres

Re: Lighting question. [Re: neuro]
    #1662195 - 06/25/03 05:21 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The picture links are broken, and it's hard to make out from the thumbnail. If I bonsi my plants will my curent lighting be sufficent? Also, what happens if there is a male plant in your grow room?

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

#1662213 - 06/25/03 05:26 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

damn they are?... fucking shit...

I'll make better ones later tonight and repost them.

Offlinecdchriscd
Green Acres

#1663849 - 06/26/03 06:22 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Man not having your lights on a timer is harsh. I've been up 18 hours.... Anyhow topped all my plants, and had some rooting formula so I figured I'd try to root the tiny cuttings, they seem to be taking.

Offlinecomario2
amateur

Loc: between places
    #1664416 - 06/26/03 12:19 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

what if foaf has only one 400w hps lamp. could he supplement some blue light from another source during vegetation?

--------------------
comario

"crusaders against emotional poverty"

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: Lighting question. [Re: comario2]
    #1665947 - 06/26/03 10:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

for how many plants?

Offlineshroominsmurf
enthusiast
Loc: Where The Good Times Are
    #1670700 - 06/29/03 12:55 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

fuck gettin a timer and waiting around just run that mother fucker 24/7 thats what i do during veg state. and work down once u've reached the size u want. its the way to go for sure, and u want mylar not tin foil mylar is made for reflection. i guess tin foil will work but im pretty sure mylar is better u should be able to find that at any grow shop and i agree if u can't afford good floro or hps leave em outside and just replant them in a less obvious place

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Re: MJ grow log. [Re: cdchriscd]
    #1670999 - 06/29/03 06:19 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

growing mj is easy. sure, you can do everything properly (megalights, fans, CO2, additives etc etc), and get fat buds, but as you say you just want a few nice babies, you can grow em thin and tall, with still a good product. Just a lot less, but still loadsa fun!.

back in the day before i decided mj growing was too much hassle, started seeds in individual pots indoors, under a desklamp. when they were about 3 leaf-pairs tall, i cut the top off, to force them to branch. after another few leaves, i did it again, made each one 4-stemmed.

they only had about 3 or 4 energy-saving cool bulbs, hanging amongst the foliage, but i forced them to flower with 12-12 lighting early (12" tall) and it was okay. get rid of the boys as early as possible.

looking forward to watching updates. happy to help if i can . sk
:heartpump: 

--------------------
buh

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: MJ grow log. [Re: shirley knott]
    #1671541 - 06/29/03 01:27 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

you dont need anything but that HPS for flowering comario. shroomismurf is right leave the light 24/7 until its about 6" shorter than you want it to finish change to 12/12 and and it will grow that last bit and start to flower. i think "veg nuts" are supposed to translate to vegitive nutrients. just use tomato fertilizer. and if you use tinfoil use the dull side out it diffuses light better than the shiny spot. you should only need a 400w hps tops for what your talking about but you might be able to do it with alot of compact florescents. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinecomario2
amateur

#1674581 - 06/30/03 05:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

amap ... (as many as possible)

--------------------
comario

Offlinecomario2
amateur

Re: MJ grow log. [Re: blaze2]
    #1674626 - 06/30/03 05:15 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

thank you. actually, foaf believes he has one 400 w hps (this has sort of a red tone) and one 250 w (it has a blue kind of light, i assume its a metal halide). so, foaf, was thinking of using the 250 blue light, plus some natural light, for vegetation; then move on to flowering under the 400 hps. would this sound reasonable? he gets it that he should move to flowering when the the plants reach desired hight minus 6". still, he would like to have at least approximate suggestions of what the desired hight should be. also, he would like to know when best to move the newly sprouted seedlings under the 250 light? thanks guys. btw, foaf is planning of using both an aeroponic and one hydroponic that foaf happened to have around. also, foaf has two separate rooms for vegetati0on and flowering, the latter one being without any natural light (he expects hot weather to be a problem, foaf now has only a fan for the flowering area

--------------------
comario

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: MJ grow log. [Re: comario2]
    #1677074 - 07/01/03 01:36 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

well the size of the plant depends completely on what size your room is.  you might want to give it a little more room than 6in i was a little stoned last night and i meant to say 6-12".  wait until the seedlings have a few sets of real leaves before placing them under the halidae.  and yes i think that the halidae would be best used during vegging and then move them to the HPS for the flowering.  these are all my suggestions i havent grown weed indoors in a while but when i was trying to i read a shitload so i pretty much know how it goes.  im just lucky enough to be able to grow outside its oh so much cheaper :smile:  anyways keep us updated on your friends grow then. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinecomario2
amateur

Re: MJ grow log. [Re: blaze2]
    #1677134 - 07/01/03 02:05 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

ok, foaf shall proceed & will keep ya updated. thanks for the help

--------------------
comario

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder