Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
kids embrace fascism...
    #3707951 - 01/31/05 02:43 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

http://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/01/31/students.amendment.ap/index.html

Quote:

Yet, when told of the exact text of the First Amendment, more than one in three high school students said it goes "too far" in the rights it guarantees. Only half of the students said newspapers should be allowed to publish freely without government approval of stories.

but rather than merely being ignorant..as the article suggests..i would venture further that these kids have been imbued with a sore winner mentality...as such they idealize their oppressors...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: Annapurna1]
    #3707993 - 01/31/05 02:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Have you ever read "Lord of the Flies?" This is your idea of a brilliant insight? Perhaps it is evidence that the voting age should be raised.

As to the first link, it comes from a whinging loser. Frankly, I think we have refrained quite admirably from stuffing it in the losers' faces like we could have. Keep it up. We may yet indulge your wishes.

As to the second one, I hearken back to the "Lord of the Flies". Oppressors? I hardly think so.

--------------------

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3708383 - 01/31/05 04:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

That's simply disgusting.

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: DNKYD]
    #3708470 - 01/31/05 04:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Why does this surprise anyone?

Students aren't granted this freedom (speech) in school. Learning about it is one thing, practicing it is different. You can talk about playing a trombone until you are blue in the face, but it will not mean you can play the trombone.

These polls show a lack of practice.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #3708671 - 01/31/05 04:44 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

America is about to make a hard right turn. This will result in a more tightly knit counterculture (read "more alienated") of pissed off kids who are sick of their self-absorbed, self-righteous, shallow, ignorant peers, and the culture that they follow.

Now would be a good time to start learning how to go about starting a cult.

--------------------
This space for rent

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #3708721 - 01/31/05 04:52 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'm a priest of the Universal Life Church of Pot Smokers... does that count?

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: SWEDEN]
    #3708801 - 01/31/05 05:06 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Be careful starting a cult centered around pot smoking. You'll just wind up with a bunch of people who do nothing but sit around all day, watch Teletubbies and bitch about the government.

Potheads tend to start alot of sentances with "somebody oughta...", and then never do anything.

Try starting an evil calculus cult.

Or a technology cult, where everyone learns how to build robots and make alot of money, which they use to build more robots, and take over the world.

--------------------
This space for rent

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
    #3708828 - 01/31/05 05:09 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by SWEDEN (01/31/05 05:15 PM)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3709670 - 01/31/05 07:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

He'll never get anywhere with just a bunch of desk jockeys and some paramillitary nutjobs. An army of crazed physicists, engineers, and technologists would be much more effective.

--------------------
This space for rent

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
    #3710244 - 01/31/05 08:52 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Goddamnit. You know i thought the future of My country would be in better hands. Thats the last straw. Goddamn righties can keep this sesspool of ignorant fascists. Im going to move and go to school in Amsterdam. Seriously. anyone that can help me out>?

--------------------

Offlinemar1juana
Stranger
    #3710316 - 01/31/05 09:06 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

bahaha. yes. if that guy is sane, his supporters are doing a pretty shitty job of letting people know.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #3710554 - 01/31/05 09:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yuck....this country is going bad

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #3711098 - 01/31/05 11:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Students aren't granted this freedom (speech) in school.

Neither do teachers or administrators in a locally funded but federally controlled public education system.

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3711418 - 02/01/05 01:10 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Why does everyone "love their government" in the US - and associate it with patriotism? None of this is surprising. Most of us have realized long ago that American culture is the most behind, un-progressive culture in the Western/developed world. While gays are finally getting married in Canada and Europe, the U.S. is reacting typically with a throw-back in progress. And now here we have mini-republicans and societal drones in training. One thing is for sure, if I ever beget any children, they'll for sure grow up knowing how intolerant and backwards Jesusland, USA is.

--------------------

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3711658 - 02/01/05 02:41 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Funny, since when were public schools the tools of the RIGHT wing?

I've not been out of there for THAT long.. I'm fairly certain that things haven't pulled a 180 on me.

The reason you don't have freedom of speech in public schools?

Bleeding heart crybaby goddamn lefties.
Can't hurt anyone's feelings. Can't have anybody see, hear, or read anything they may find offensive. Must be PC, must be sterile, must be perfectly bland and unappealing to everybody.
No you can't tell the students their answer is wrong! They'll feel bad!
No you can't hold the students back if they fail! They'll feel bad! Advance them anyway, make sure they graduate or their feelings will be hurt!
Yes we must totally forsake any teaching that might go on so we don't hurt anybody's feelings!

So.. yeah what the hell? Did yall forget about all that bullshit? The public education system is firmly in the hands of the LEFT, not the right.
If you're going to blame anybody for kids not understanding shit like this.. blame the left.
Remember?
It's for the children.

That's damn well not a right-wing catch phrase. I know that much.

Let's also bring up how supportive the Left has been of the First Amendment compared to the Right.
Fareinheit 9/11 -- showed all over, many places may have had right-wing protestors, but the show went on.
The movie which I don't recall the name of.. -- the Anti-Kerry one, basically. Theater up in NYC had to cancel the show because of the many threats he recieved.. that if he showed it, his business would be destroyed.
Who is restricting free speech?
Or how about the left-wingers at Bush's inaugeration? You know, I'm sure you heard them. They're the ones who had to be removed because they were booing so loud Bush could not continue his speech.
I don't recall that happening during either of Clinton's inaugerations, and he was as disliked by the Right as Bush is by the Left.. in fact Clinton only received 43% of the popular vote in 1992 and 49% in 1996, while Bush won 48% in 2000 and 51% in 2004. Who was more popular? According to the election.. it's Bush. Who was better treated? Clinton. Hmm. I guess that means the Democrats are by and by large greater assholes than the Republicans. Since there are more people who were opposed to Clinton than Bush, yet Bush has received far worse treatment, that means those opposed to Bush are less considerate than those opposed to Clinton.. to the point where it the fact that they are fewer is irrelevant, they're still much louder.

BLLARR! you heard me. Think about things for a while, and just for 15 minutes ignore the Patriot Act -- which was not a one-sided bill pushed through by only one party anyway.
The Left is far more responsible for the degradation of our rights than the Right. It may be true that the Right is more responsible for the lack of EXPANSION of our rights (honestly I'm too tired at this point to ponder that, so for the time being i'll concede that point)..
but the Left has scorned the First Amendment because you might say things that are not Politically Correct, and they have scorned the Second Amendment because they are ignorant and afraid of guns (and just as with drugs, somebody who is completely uninformed is not basing opinions on any experience or fact but rather on hearsay and the line they have been fed. never seen a gun before? never seen drugs before? you've no place to state your opinion loudly.. hold it quietly till you get a more informed fucking opinion mmkay).

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Invisibletrick

Loc: unknown
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: YidakiMan]
    #3711876 - 02/01/05 04:24 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

YidakiMan said:
Why does this surprise anyone?

Students aren't granted this freedom (speech) in school. Learning about it is one thing, practicing it is different. You can talk about playing a trombone until you are blue in the face, but it will not mean you can play the trombone.

These polls show a lack of practice.

A good point. I've heard many times while in school that the classroom is not a "democracy" and my question is: How can you raise and "educate" children in this kind of enviroment and expect a true democracy in their generation with this system? You can't. Instead you make the children think that this is democracy, this is freedom. You do that and you have a whole army of conformists. Prepare them for the "real world" where it's "dog eat dog." Obviously, the roots of the modern generation's ignorance comes from the school system since it's prime purpose is to educate. Institutionalized school system that standardizes students. This makes an ever growing population of people who carry the same ideas. The ideas of the generation before them are inculcated into their mind by parents, guardians, etc. The general population's ignorance is a microcosm of the school system, the media, the government, and corporations. You see what you want to see and you've been told what you want since the day you were born.

Edited by trick (02/01/05 04:32 AM)

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3712060 - 02/01/05 05:42 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Whatever.

Quote:

It's for the children.

Coming from someone who makes weird jokes about Baby Jesus in OTD

--------------------

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3712281 - 02/01/05 08:15 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:
Why does everyone "love their government" in the US - and associate it with patriotism?

Why do people from other countries make blatantly false statements about everyone in the US?

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3712308 - 02/01/05 08:26 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The movie which I don't recall the name of.. -- the Anti-Kerry one, basically. Theater up in NYC had to cancel the show because of the many threats he recieved.. that if he showed it, his business would be destroyed.
Or how about the left-wingers at Bush's inaugeration? You know, I'm sure you heard them. They're the ones who had to be removed because they were booing so loud Bush could not continue his speech.

Neither of these things have ANYTHING to do with restricting rights. These are simply examples of some overzealous individuals acting like overzealous individuals.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: kids embrace fascism... [Re: Phluck]
    #3713243 - 02/01/05 11:38 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Someone posted up there that the right turn in our government would lead to a counterculture. Does anyone else think this is sort of Deja Vu? Its all happened before in the fucking 60s, history is simply repeating itself because no one learned anything the first time around. I think its time to give up on America and just move to Canada, at least there peopel have rights. In america you only have rights if the majority of jesusland says you can. Fucking Bible, the world would be so much better off if that shit had never been written.

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck