Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Just inoculated my first jars
    #3706792 -

inoculated 6 PF tek style jars with GT strain cubes 3 days ago. Anyone know how long I should expect to wait before seeing mycelium? I've got some buildup that looks like white goo-ish type stuff against the glass of the jar. It could just be moistened BRF? I have no idea how to post pictures on the forums or else I would. Anyone know how long I should be patient for for the mycelium?


--------------------

If you haven't gone to http://www.boohbah.com while you are tripping... it's a must.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated my first jars [Re: TheProdigy]
    #3706799 -

same boat as you. did my first 1/2p jar with BRF and VERM 4 days ago and still no growth(eq's) then last night i injected 4WBS Qjars, 2 popcorn Qjars and 2 more 1/2p(used b+ and eq in the q jars). just try not to check on them every 5 min like i do. just makes the wait even longer.


--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated my first jars [Re: TheProdigy]
    #3706807 -

Put them in a warm dark place ... leave them there "undisturbed" for at least another 5-7 days , then take a peek , by then you should see some signs of myc .
Bassically it can take a min of 5-10 days before you see the signs of germination .
Patince is the key to growing mushies successfully  :cool: :smile:
GL


--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated my first jars [Re: tripndicular]
    #3706856 -

5 - 7 days


--------------------
...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated my first jars [Re: SHiZNO]
    #3706904 -

Okay, well my room is more than warm... I'm used to fairly warmer temperatures than most people... and I've got them stealthily hidden in an opaque plastic tub. Someone said that mycelium requires light? Any specific type of light? i.e. UVA/UVB bulb??? Oh, and for future refrence... How do I post pictures on the forums?

Yes I do try to not check them every 5 minutes, but I can't wait to see my work pay off... I usually check them 1ce a day. lol.

Thanks,
The Prodigy


--------------------

If you haven't gone to http://www.boohbah.com while you are tripping... it's a must.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated my first jars [Re: TheProdigy]
    #3706916 -

The 29th I inoculated my jars so I will see some progress soon ( I hope)


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated my first jars [Re: SpaceVox]
    #3707016 -

No light for mycelium... You introduce light once you want to initiate pinning.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated my first jars [Re: monkeyman2020]
    #3707033 -

The fastest I have seen from spore is 4 days in OPTIMUM conditions, depending on what your temp is will determine how fast yours colonizes.

Heres a link about posting images in the faq
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/faq.php#image

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated my first jars [Re: metasin]
    #3707051 -

One of my first 2 jars actually had growth after 2 days.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated my first jars [Re: monkeyman2020]
    #3707168 -

So yeah... Do I need a UVA/UVB bulb once I want them to start pins?


--------------------

If you haven't gone to http://www.boohbah.com while you are tripping... it's a must.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated my first jars [Re: TheProdigy]
    #3707177 -

You don't need a special light, pretty much anything will do. I've heard that blue light is better, but most of us use normal light bulbs. I've even heard of using a flashlight or christmas lights if you're desparate. The mushrooms will grow towards the light- so don't have the light coming from a strange angle onto one side of the cakes or anything like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just inoculated my first jars [Re: TheProdigy]
    #3708367 -

keep your myc in the dark, no light until you're ready to pin and fruit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* inoculated jars duck_49 2,418 7 03/25/02 11:15 PM
by pleezr
* Inoculated jars... MeneerCactus 1,103 2 01/29/02 03:37 PM
by Seuss
* Post deleted by users_request malibu76 775 3 06/21/02 06:23 AM
by the_Landotter
* Keeping Contams out of Inoculated Jars Nomez 1,806 4 12/20/01 08:46 AM
by Nomez
* Post deleted by users_request malibu76 696 3 07/03/02 11:19 AM
by L3D
* Why No Quart Jar Colonization? kid_alamo 4,693 14 10/14/02 12:08 PM
by tripndicular
* innoculating jars week after cooked user_exists 1,343 6 10/23/02 05:21 PM
by z@z.com
* inoculation of jars with filter disk ShroomRider 1,278 1 06/11/02 01:42 PM
by FanaTEK

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
777 topic views. 15 members, 194 guests and 152 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.