Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenestafy
Loc: Hawaii
Methods of Growing..!
    #370267 - 08/11/01 04:28 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

OK.. well.. of course I've been doing a lot of research.. and being a perfectionist.. will not start anything until I am sure about everything..

so, you master growers.. please help me out w/ my questions.

Well.. i figure that I like lots of shrooms.. so I'm going to case...
Now, I had a different experience w/ the DB KIT Ryche offers..
with that.. I colonized the spawn bags ( rye berries ) .. crumbled
them up & mixed w/ the DB Compost. The compost colonized
and I induced pinning.
Now, with all the teks I've been reading about casing.. I'm supposed to
have a vermiculite layer on bottom.. of tray/tub, a layer of of colonized jar contents on top of that, and a layer of Ryche's 50/50 casing mix on top of that... What is the deal w/ the DB kit not needing any of that?

So anyways.. I need to make the Jars. It looks like the prefered method would be to use fanaticus's PF Substrate formulation [ brown rice powder/verm ] & slightly modify it to use Mr. G's Quick Seal method, found in the tek section of www.thehawkseye.com . Do all of you recommend that... then I'm going to use McMans technique of a f2 spawn (master spawn -> 2nd generation) .. and colonize more jars that way.

So, with all of that settled.. I need to figure out what to do w/ my jars once they are colonized.

I seem to like the prospects of ShroomGods straw tek... although have a few questions about it. There doesn't seem to be a "bottom" layer good for retaining water.. also there is no dung/compost involved. Is this a choice tek?

Or would it be better for me to use the cow & horse shit around me & make something similar to the DB compost to mix my jars with.. ?

Nesta

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Methods of Growing..! [Re: nestafy]
    #370492 - 08/12/01 12:48 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

So anyways.. I need to make the Jars. It looks like the prefered method would be to use fanaticus's PF Substrate formulation [ brown rice powder/verm ] & slightly modify it to use Mr. G's Quick Seal method, found in the tek section of www.thehawkseye.com . Do all of you recommend that... then I'm going to use McMans technique of a f2 spawn (master spawn -> 2nd generation) .. and colonize more jars that way.

So, with all of that settled.. I need to figure out what to do w/ my jars once they are colonized.

Any of these teks will work, if you can assure sterility at the transfers. Espatially the use of a cake to colonize more spawn jars could provide you some problems.

For the first time I?d go only with the PF tek, later, after you suceeded with it, advance to other teks.

I seem to like the prospects of ShroomGods straw tek... although have a few questions about it. There doesn't seem to be a "bottom" layer good for retaining water.. also there is no dung/compost involved. Is this a choice tek

This teks works.

---------------------------------------
kickme.to/mushrooms

OfflineKenshin
Stranger
Re: Methods of Growing..! [Re: nestafy]
    #370602 - 08/12/01 10:25 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Well I'm not a master grower but have had some luck as a newbie. Many, many people say go straight PF your first time. So that's exactly what I did. I can't tell you how much I learned and how easy it was. Also, don't discount cake growing before you have even tried it. I got lots and lots of mushrooms from my cakes. Given the right water delivery system cakes can rival casings in the amount they produce over multiple flushes.

Invisiblemrshrums
Re: Methods of Growing..! [Re: Kenshin]
    #370616 - 08/12/01 11:53 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I agree, kenshin. I'm a newbie as well and used cakes, but tried to case one fully colonized cake and I am still struggling with my casing. I have already harvested my first flush on the cakes. Casing is great if you know how to control it but cakes are easier for a beginner, IMHO. Do whatever you feel is the best for you but I used cakes and I am definately not dissapointed in my first flush.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder