Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDigitalSalmon
Stranger
Loc: Northeast USA
My Penicillum Contamination
    #3693776 - 01/28/05 04:13 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

So my PF jars were going fairly well until I noticed some dark spots on a jar. I then looked at the rest of the jars and noticed that almost all had it. I hit the site and found a contam guide and I'm almost 100% positive it's penicillium. I had 7 jars contaminated...and only 1 survivor =[ After I read the contam guide I searched here for any more info I could find, but it seems like everyone's cakes get contaminated with penicillium after they birth it or when casing. So now what should I do? I read on another post that some guy took his contams outside, crushed them up, and "planted" them. Are contams safe to keep around till spring and do that? I'm not allergic to penicillium or anything.

Blah, I dunno. Is the survivor even worth keeping? I don't really know how contamination works but I was thinking that since penicillium is airborne that it might have just spread around through the jars that way...but then again that sounds dumb... This is so depressing, I put the special ingredient of love into them, and  that contaminated them!  :sad:

btw, if anyone is interested I'll post pics at your request.

--------------------
Bo0!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinezerodefect
Stranger
Re: My Penicillum Contamination [Re: DigitalSalmon]
    #3702985 - 01/30/05 06:28 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

personally i wouldnt keep them around till spring... that stuff is going to get real gross in that jar which could become hazardess to someones health. besides i dont think there will be anything worth trying to plant left in those jars by then. i dont know for sure as i am pretty new to this as well but i seen those contams work, very effectivly. im really sorry. better luck your next time around!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum