Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Folding@home
    #3693353 -

it's a good cause, you all should do it, most of you guys probably leave your computers on for a while anyway, might as well use some of that power to help with research.


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Edited by gdman (01/28/05 12:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Folding@home [Re: gdman]
    #3693360 -

I prefer to fold as soon as they come out of the dryer and I use a laundrymat, soooo.......


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Folding@home [Re: gdman]
    #3693362 -

And if you do, you should join the shroomery folding@home team, as well.


--------------------
delta9

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Folding@home [Re: delta9]
    #3693364 -

That's what I was getting at :smirk:.


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Folding@home [Re: blissedout]
    #3693366 -

What are you talking about? I just saw that you edited it and now I am confused.....?


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Folding@home [Re: blissedout]
    #3693371 -

check this link

folding@home


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Folding@home [Re: gdman]
    #3693377 -


Shroomery moving into top 100 - with your help :smile:


--------------------
delta9

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Folding@home [Re: delta9]
    #3693380 -

question though, am I going to get an angry letter from my netowrk admin? I'm really not allowed to use file sharing programs on the university network.


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Folding@home [Re: gdman]
    #3693381 -

That is pretty interesting. I had no idea that this existed. Good post GDMan.


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Folding@home [Re: gdman]
    #3693392 -

gdman said:
question though, am I going to get an angry letter from my netowrk admin? I'm really not allowed to use file sharing programs on the university network.



It's not file sharing, it's distributed processing.

you download work units, process them, then upload the results.
nothing wrong here, very little bandwidth is used (but lots of your CPU is :smile:)


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Folding@home [Re: blink]
    #3693395 -

I will see if I can do this too....sounds like an excellent cause and I leave two computers on all night long.


--------------------
Kiss the ring Bitch!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Folding@home [Re: gdman]
    #3693397 -

I just joined :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Folding@home [Re: blink]
    #3693407 -

excellent :smile:


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Folding@home [Re: gdman]
    #3693432 -

everyone should join, every little bit counts and who knows, we migth just help them find cures to some truly terrible conditions. I belive they already had some success.


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Folding@home question newbmush 2,157 18 07/08/07 09:50 PM
by djcube
* Network gurus: need your help Gumby 784 9 05/11/06 06:14 PM
by Gumby
* Folding@home
( 1 2 all )
blink 2,531 37 03/30/06 02:20 PM
by Kaleidoscope
* Post your folding@home stats OJK 906 7 11/28/04 08:09 PM
by JettaJay
* Folding@home.. Not?
( 1 2 3 all )
duster 3,202 40 01/04/05 05:51 AM
by RuNE
* Help! Folding at home problem. NewbieS 736 12 08/02/06 03:15 PM
by Newbie
* need some help/info on wireless network settings... willmafingerdo 987 10 09/22/07 09:35 AM
by willmafingerdo
* good music download programs for macs? preferably whole albums...
( 1 2 all )
mikeytro 2,650 25 05/02/07 10:30 PM
by daytripper05

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
735 topic views. 4 members, 3 guests and 92 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.