Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlineduster
psychadelicgardener
Male User Gallery

Loc: ARIZONA,TRANSLVANIAA,ETC....
Folding@home.. Not?
    #3570133 - 01/02/05 04:49 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The idea behind it is good but this is NOT the time for it. Save peoples lives by finding cures? This is the last thing we need to be doing. We're killing motherearth and popping out 1000 babies for every death. India is so fucking over-populated thank-god for the tsunami to bring some much-needed relief to the strain we've been putting on our mother. I hope 100's of thousand dies from diseases the world needs an even greater catastrophe. I hope something like the day after tomorrow happens or else we're all fucking dooming ourselves right now. What use is it in saving lives if the world is gonna be one big fucking desert soon from global warming? I say FUCK folding@home. The only thing we need to be working on is different sources of energys and ways of keeping population down like only allowing 1 child per family n such like china or japan has i forget. The world isn't one big happy constantly fucking-rabbit wootiage place. We ARE a fucking cancer to the planet unless we figure out the cure for ourselves as animals that live with nature not against her than WERE ALL FUCKED. If anyone of you have anything to disagree with me on please say now cause I do not see where I am wrong?

--------------------
"Life is created out of the seeking of knowledge."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: Folding@home.. Not? [Re: duster]
    #3570148 - 01/02/05 05:04 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The only thing I see wrong with your post is that you say people deserved to die.

It is right that we are overpopulated and are wasting the earth of it's resources, but I cannot justify people dying ...

--------------------

Offlineduster
psychadelicgardener
Male User Gallery

Re: Folding@home.. Not? [Re: abhi]
    #3570154 - 01/02/05 05:09 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

aje said:
The only thing I see wrong with your post is that you say people deserved to die.

It is right that we are overpopulated and are wasting the earth of it's resources, but I cannot justify people dying ...

For the greater of mankind and the place we call home(earth) yes I do believe that justifys people dying. Let's say to save your best friend's life you haveto press a button causeing the tsunami that just happened, Would you do it?

--------------------

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #3570155 - 01/02/05 05:11 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

duster said:
Would you do it?

no

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Offlineduster
psychadelicgardener
Male User Gallery

#3570156 - 01/02/05 05:11 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

and i NEVER said those specific people deserved to die. I'm saying millions of people need to die(Not saying they deserve it hell they didnt fucking ask to be put here did they? did you? Wtf you talking about). Hell half the population needs to die for the greater good of all.

--------------------

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #3570162 - 01/02/05 05:15 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

If you are willing to die for it then your statement wouldn't sound so harsh.

But the general principle of saying people need to die to save the world will sound sick and wrong to most ears, regardless of how much it is needed.

I'm not saying I disagree with you.

--------------------

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

#3570166 - 01/02/05 05:17 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i dont really disagree either, so long as its stupid people like you (duster) who die :grin:

i dont really mean that by the way....

wait, yes i do :grin:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by wrestler_az (01/02/05 05:18 AM)

Offlineduster
psychadelicgardener
Male User Gallery

Re: Folding@home.. Not? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #3570169 - 01/02/05 05:20 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

wrestler_az said:
i dont really disagree either, so long as its stupid people like you (duster) who die :grin:

i dont really mean that by the way....

wait, yes i do :grin:

STFU I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE.. I KNOW WHAT AZ STANDS FOR IDIOT HOW DUM OF YOU!  :grin: :grin: :grin:

--------------------

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

#3570176 - 01/02/05 05:22 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

oh no....people know what state i live in.....im scared :smirk:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Offlineduster
psychadelicgardener
Male User Gallery

#3570178 - 01/02/05 05:24 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

MUAHAHA SO YOU ADMIT IT YOUR SCARED. Only so many homes I must go to and ask for you. One day I WILL find you. ONE DAY!!@@!@

--------------------

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

#3570187 - 01/02/05 05:31 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

wrestler_az said:
i dont really disagree either, so long as its stupid people like you (duster) who die

--------------------

Offlineduster
psychadelicgardener
Male User Gallery

Re: Folding@home.. Not? [Re: ivi]
    #3570228 - 01/02/05 05:59 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I don't get it.. your all dumb  :cool:

--------------------

OfflineAislingGheal
A wave on the ocean
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northern Ohio
    #3570267 - 01/02/05 06:29 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You're assuming that the earth can be saved if Humanity settles down to the task but I think that's debatable. Lets say Humanity reaches a point of perfect stewardship of the earth and we save the rain forests, maintain perfect control of population, and make every effort to preserve the biosphere and do so successfully. The earth would still be at risk for asteroid impacts, comet strikes, and the very sun all life here depends on is finite and would eventually doom us as well. Then what?

Maybe the only way to save the earth is to leave it. This could be the force underlying the evolution of life here, the need to become intergalactic. Humanity through technology transports life in all it's forms and variety out into the galaxy to other suitable planets, then the life forms of earth could never be eliminated in a single stroke.

This relates to folding@home for me in this way. It's a push into technology and a push into a previously inconceivable future. The more that can be learned from projects like this one the better our chances of actually saving this earth we love so much. I just started the folding@home program 5 days ago and I wish I had more computers to run it on. To me it's a symbol of a hopeful future, there is a possibility that the results will be negligible but the effort it represents is something worthwhile in itself.

--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

OfflinePsycAura
think, and bewicked
 User Gallery

Loc: an alternate universe som...
    #3570271 - 01/02/05 06:35 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

aje said:
...but I cannot justify people dying ...

hmmm... we all die, thats what life is about.
there is nothing to justify

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain. - Captain Murphy

OfflinePsycAura
think, and bewicked
 User Gallery

Loc: an alternate universe som...
Re: Folding@home.. Not? [Re: PsycAura]
    #3570276 - 01/02/05 06:41 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i agree with duster's theory (as out there as it sounds) ...natural selection and all that crap... there are just way too many of us on this planet doing damage to what we owe our existence to... i seriously think things, like this tsunami (which is quite natural) is/are simply a way of the earth regulating and renewing it self. sorry if this offends

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain. - Captain Murphy

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3570308 - 01/02/05 07:10 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

On what evidence are you claiming the earth can't handle current levels of population growth? Just because rampant and irresponsible consumerism and protectionism in the West are raping the earth and keeping resources from those in need doesn't mean the planet is overpopulated, it means we need to try and address the distribution of wealth and encourage family planning through promoting contraception in the third world, especially heavily Christianised areas of Africa.

It's us who need to change, not the population level. If it was you with a crippling, painful and currently incurable ailment, would you walk happily into your grave thinking you were doing the planet a favour, or would you support research that could restore happiness to you and tens of thousands of victims like you?

You're filled with a Utilitarian coldness that frightens me.

Offlinesublimistri
Higher Than AKite
Male User Gallery

Loc: Forgotten
Re: Folding@home.. Not? [Re: OJK]
    #3570328 - 01/02/05 07:31 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Enter , I , and Tyler were talking about how people are a plague to this world 2 nights ago.

--------------------
Tradelist
My Ethnobotanical Garden
Cup Greenhouse Tek. Make small sturdy pots (With detachable grenhouse tops) with cups.

Your human friend will have to dose atropine uninformed, I will not spread information that may harm a cat. - Wiccan_Seeker

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #3570333 - 01/02/05 07:33 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Promote your cause!!!!

Commit suicide.

Lead by example says I.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Offlineduster
psychadelicgardener
Male User Gallery

#3570381 - 01/02/05 08:01 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Odiumjunkie said:
On what evidence are you claiming the earth can't handle current levels of population growth? Just because rampant and irresponsible consumerism and protectionism in the West are raping the earth and keeping resources from those in need doesn't mean the planet is overpopulated, it means we need to try and address the distribution of wealth and encourage family planning through promoting contraception in the third world, especially heavily Christianised areas of Africa.

It's us who need to change, not the population level. If it was you with a crippling, painful and currently incurable ailment, would you walk happily into your grave thinking you were doing the planet a favour, or would you support research that could restore happiness to you and tens of thousands of victims like you?

You're filled with a Utilitarian coldness that frightens me.

WTF DOES Utilitarian mean? like dam near all the rain forest are destroyed and that gives earth about 80% of its oxygen. Those forests are mainly destoryed 90% of the time for fucking CATTLE FARMS to make milk and meat for the kabillionz of people who are like 0mG mcdonALDS lyke n0w, were all fucking away like rabbits and before long were gonna be living in our own builded up feces. Unless we someway get a special cage where the poop falls through the bottom(fixing our ways to help teh planet). Why can't be it like the old days when shit like the tsunami were looked at as the wrath of god for doing something bad? Maybe god is saying YOU FUCKING DUMB PEOPLE FUCKING AWAY AND MAKING SO MANY CHILDREN YOU CAN BARELY FEED HALF OF THEM SO THEY END UP STARVING! HOW CRUEL!

oh and hanky you go first  :grin:

Oh and odium happiness will not save you when super-duper x-rays fly through the atmosphere cooking us all alive.

People are more obsessed with saving lives than conserving life. Selfish bastards with only having the seight to see half a step ahead. gonna trip up soon :/

--------------------

Edited by duster (01/02/05 08:05 AM)

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3570408 - 01/02/05 08:17 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Rainforests create only about %40 of the world's oxygen, a far larger percentage is provided by algae. Further, organic decay in rainforests means that as a whole they not produce a net gain in oxygen (See Caufield, Catherine, "In the Rainforest"). In other words, things rotting in the rainforest uses up all the oxygen they produce. They provide a far more critical function in holding carbon reserves, keeping it out of the atmosphere. That's not really relevent, just useful to know.

Ok, Fast food chains damage the environment. However, maybe the way to address that problem is to get rid of irresponsible fast-food companies, rather than welcoming hundreds of thousands of deaths. It is more than possible to sustainably produce enough food for the current population, and for a growing population in the future. I mean, for fuck sake, the EU throws away millions of tonnes of food a year because of over-production. We need to target those who abuse the environment, not those who are innocent victims of disease or natural disaster or any other tragedy.

You still haven't presented a substantiated reason why the world can't support a larger population than it currently has.

I described you as Utilitarian because you seem to have this misplaced idea about the greatest good for the greatest number, ignoring notions like innocence or the sanctity of human life.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #3570634 - 01/02/05 10:17 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You said global warming.

HAHAHAHAH

last time i checked we got a record snowfall here and it snowed in TX. Global warming is bunk ass shit, even it does happen its not gonna be like whoop bam 10 years down the road we in an ice age. Didnt that ozone hole over antartica close up too. I thought global warming was a 90s fad?

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Folding@home.. Not? [Re: baraka]
    #3570639 - 01/02/05 10:21 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

wow

you're a mod?

Anonymous

#3570655 - 01/02/05 10:32 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

:lol:

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
Re: Folding@home.. Not? [Re: Organic]
    #3570677 - 01/02/05 10:45 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

We might fuck up our planet so much that most of us will die due to global warning, increasing natural catastrophes due to global warming, pollution, consumption of most resources, etc. etc... At this rate, it sure will happen and human beings might disappear. But in no way life is gonna end on here. Earth will take a couple millions years to fully recover and will continue evolving with old and new species...

Don't stress about killing Earth, stress about making it unhealthy for us. But hey, you probably knew that already.

.fs.

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Folding@home.. Not? [Re: Hanky]
    #3570680 - 01/02/05 10:46 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hanky said:
Promote your cause!!!!

Commit suicide.

Lead by example says I.

Yeah man, you have read the Lottery one too many times....

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Folding@home.. Not? [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #3570681 - 01/02/05 10:47 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Global warming is bunk ima mod.  woot

Im all about saven the world yo, but global warming is somthing that pisses me off.  Oh yeah im hungover again too sorry :smile:.

My title says it all.

Everyone put yer hairspray away we may be dead already.
http://www.888webtoday.com/rasmussen2.html

--------------------

Edited by baraka (01/02/05 10:58 AM)

Anonymous

#3570746 - 01/02/05 11:16 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think we should bank on those two scientists or the thousands on the other side. No one knows for sure. But it is obvious the earth has went through drastic climatic changes in the past, and I feel we are accelerating the coming one by our continuing, increasing environmental damage, including O-Zone specific damaging molecules, etc.

Offlineduster
psychadelicgardener
Male User Gallery

#3570842 - 01/02/05 12:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'm right your all wrong bow down and lemme shoot a bolt of lightning up ur ass mofoz.  :laugh:

-God(useing this account with duster's permission)

--------------------

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3570900 - 01/02/05 12:22 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

duster said:
I'm right your all wrong bow down and lemme shoot a bolt of lightning up ur ass mofoz.  :laugh:

-God(useing this account with duster's permission)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

--------------------

afoaf said:

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #3571189 - 01/02/05 01:57 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Odiumjunkie said:

:thumbup: my thoughts (almost) exactly... sure, overpopulation is a problem. as is overindustrialisation. but neither can be solved by killing off a bunch of people. doing this would only delay the problem. both problems can be solved by rethinking the structure of our societies and searching for a more sustainable means of growth and  development. i don't think killing off the human race is a neccesity to this.

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Folding@home.. Not? [Re: Krishna]
    #3571212 - 01/02/05 02:04 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

We need a moon city.

--------------------

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

#3571236 - 01/02/05 02:09 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

baraka said:
We need a moon city.

:lol: have you read "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" by Robert Heinlein? Any moon city will end up revolting against us :smile: they've got gravity on their side - it'll cost a ton to shoot any missiles at them, and they can just chuck big garbage bombs down at us. :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Folding@home.. Not? [Re: Krishna]
    #3571256 - 01/02/05 02:14 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

gravity has been fucking with me all my life....

--------------------

afoaf said:

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: Folding@home.. Not? [Re: Jim]
    #3571289 - 01/02/05 02:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

have you read "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" by Robert Heinlein? Any moon city will end up revolting against us they've got gravity on their side - it'll cost a ton to shoot any missiles at them, and they can just chuck big garbage bombs down at us.

:lol: That's probably the most interesting thought presented in this post.

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

OfflineShroom_Herder
Get In...
 User Gallery

Loc: Where The Magic Trees Gro...
Re: Folding@home.. Not? [Re: Hooty]
    #3571402 - 01/02/05 03:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Dont worry. When I become supreme ruler of earth all will be good...

--------------------
We Can't Stop Here, This Is Bat Country

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Re: Folding@home.. Not? [Re: Jim]
    #3572104 - 01/02/05 05:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

GratefulJim said:
gravity has been fucking with me all my life....

come on Jim, you can't miss this opportunity for a great pun! "god damn gravity... always keeping me down" or something like that.

:lol:

--------------------

Offlineduster
psychadelicgardener
Male User Gallery

#3572729 - 01/02/05 07:20 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

oh and i hope smallpox terrorist attack hits soon wee.

--------------------

OfflineVio
Raging againstthe machine.

Loc: Canada
    #3576167 - 01/03/05 06:36 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

To duster:

Greater catastrophe is what you want? What if an asteroid slammed down onto your hometown, killing millions of people, including yourself and all your loved ones.

Would that "relief for mother earth" satisfy you as well?

Grow up. :rolleyes:

--------------------
There is no shroom.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3578274 - 01/04/05 04:21 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I don't agree with you baraka. An ice age can't form in 10 years, but it can happen fast, within the time of a human life.

Duster: I agree with you that the world is getting more crowded everyday and that overpopulation is a risk indeed. But think about when you get a bad illness, I bet you wish then that there was a cure and be thankfull for folding@home that made it happen that you didn't die. Am I wrong? maybe. but I wanted to point this out.

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Folding@home.. Not? [Re: stefan]
    #3578301 - 01/04/05 04:50 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Nibiru will be here soon

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
    #3578356 - 01/04/05 05:51 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hey, how bout, we can all die, and in 38 trillion years, the universe will go ".....uhm...did i just fart?"

Nothing matters, lets move on.

:sun:

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck