Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
altern. substrate
    #369222 -

Hi,
I'm currently about to spawn another round of straw. But the last time that I did this I had a lot of contam. problems. i.e. I grew a "beautiful" crop of inkys. grrr.

Anyhow, what else could I use as a substrate? I would like to try something that might have less contam problem. I currently have 4 jars of hawian innoculated in a liquid innoc. solution.

Any help/ideas would be great.

crow13



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: altern. substrate [Re: crow13]
    #369230 -

I heard a rumour that they like dung. Have you tried that? I think there are a couple dung teks around here, try doing a search. There should be lots of info to consider.

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: altern. substrate [Re: ]
    #369254 -

thanks Cap'n Max. I'll start studying that right away. I can use liquid innoculum w/ dung?

What happened last time was, the straw started smelling sour and then ammonia almost immediately. I understand that ammonia is great for inky caps. Sure was. I think that my straw was to wet, and then adding four jars of liquid spawn made it even worse.
thanks again,
crow13


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Simple, alternate substrate recipes? oO_wombat_Oo 3,166 12 04/10/03 10:12 AM
by Uber
* alternate substrates when brf is unavailable zandorf 1,326 10 05/30/02 02:34 PM
by ralphster44
* Alternative Substrates BeefytheButerfly 1,289 4 12/25/01 12:13 PM
by BeefytheButerfly
* Substrate/Yield Skrill 1,010 5 04/24/03 06:03 PM
by shroominbloom
* Re: SUGAR CANE MULCH AS SUBSTRATE !? oldmaverick 4,976 5 12/26/99 09:34 PM
by oldmaverick
* Potent substrates???? *DELETED* TheCaptain 1,894 7 09/27/01 06:56 AM
by Zen Peddler
* Which strain to use?is too much BRF a problem? DrPeretz 685 2 12/04/02 04:09 PM
by SixCee
* Alternatives to verm - coco and polyfill farmer_maggot 4,464 14 08/26/01 04:26 PM
by patzee

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
641 topic views. 11 members, 109 guests and 158 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.02 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.