Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: My predicament with "THE 10 Commandments" [Re: Cosm]
    #3688159 -

flowstone said:
the 10 commandments have some value - but not much.. Jesus abolished the old code, make sacrifice unnecessary. Commune with god back then was way different than now- or at least the times were different..
I think all of the Commandments should be followed- but to what degree is up for debate- Envy is wrong, but only if you let it boil and not do anything about it.. Why not strive and get these things yourself( not by stealing though ::) )



bullshit, Jesus did'nt abolish the law, he fulfilled it, when God said do not kill, he meant do not hate someone, if you have hate for someone, your heart is gulity if murder, he explain the intente behind all the other commandment and laws of the OT...he taught that we should'nt look at the word/law at face value, but at the heart of it...the heart is what matters, which is why do not kill is on the same list as do not covet.

as for as sacrifice goes, Jesus is the sacrifice,,, sacrifice is just as neccesary now as it was than.

Jesus taught that the two most important of the ten commandments are 1, Love the lord they God with all your heart, and 2, love your neighbor as yourself, by obeying these two, you will obey not only the other commandments, but every other law in the OT, you fulfill your earthly duty if you truely obey these two.


--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My predicament with "THE 10 Commandments" [Re: Cosm]
    #3688170 -

Cosm said:
was it really the 10 commandments that moses recieved on the mtn or was it something else



what do you mean something else?


--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My predicament with "THE 10 Commandments" [Re: JCoke]
    #3688932 -

what was on the first tablets he broke when he seen everyone worshiping false idols

i think this was what god gave him and when he destroyed he had to go make something up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My predicament with "THE 10 Commandments" [Re: Cosm]
    #3688964 -

well he was delerious up there seeing god and bushes aflame with spiritual fire. he was accustomed to mysterious things and was getting ready to whoop those iraelites into shape.

it does not matter what was on the tablets he got everyone's attention, that mattered.

but you know it was a matter of social engineering, and it was so from the beginning. the sheep needed a shepherd.

do I hear bleeting again? ( I keep thinking about animal husbandry, if only I were younger!)


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My predicament with "THE 10 Commandments" [Re: Swami]
    #3690842 -

Swami said:
As I have explained in a previous thread, these are not like laws in a lawbook. There are guidelines to a spiritual life. Believing that acquiring goods or sex or the death of another will fulfill some inner need or make you happier are all false beliefs. Honoring your father and mother means to give gratitude for your life and for their sacrifices so that you may be here.

Think of them in the way the Buddhists view the five-fold path.



:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My predicament with "THE 10 Commandments" [Re: Swami]
    #3691759 -

Swami said:
As I have explained in a previous thread, these are not like laws in a lawbook. There are guidelines to a spiritual life. Believing that acquiring goods or sex or the death of another will fulfill some inner need or make you happier are all false beliefs. Honoring your father and mother means to give gratitude for your life and for their sacrifices so that you may be here.

Think of them in the way the Buddhists view the five-fold path.



good analogy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My predicament with "THE 10 Commandments" [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #3693293 -

it's good to see us all agree on swami's post. :grin: :thumbup:


--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My predicament with "THE 10 Commandments" [Re: jux]
    #3695428 -

jux said:
Anyway, there is no such thing as a "true" happiness. The happiness one gets from doing a line of blow off some hooker's ass before nailing her is every bit as 'real' as the happiness obtained from giving a sandwhich to some hobo.
I know which one the church wants, but I also know which one would be more gratifying :P




Emotions have a certain range from being pleasant to being less pleasant, but the total range of acceptance and rejection one mind
has goes beyond these limits in both ways. So there is a more pleasant state of mind than one induced by happyness.
A state of mental and physical homeostasis known as bliss or peace is above happyness. It is a safe and stable ground for
some incredible things that go into infinity.
You can not enter this state of mind by having sex with a hooker
or by revarding your ego by giving someone a sandwich.
Happyness or sadness is a drug, and you can get easily addicted to it, life is more than a search for emotional stimuli.


--------------------
"..and suddenly it began to rain"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My predicament with "THE 10 Commandments" [Re: JCoke]
    #3695579 -

it's good to see us all agree on swami's post. 

I hate it! How can I be contrarian?  :mad2:


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My predicament with "THE 10 Commandments" [Re: Swami]
    #3695618 -

I disagree!!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My predicament with "THE 10 Commandments" [Re: Shroomism]
    #3695651 -

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  :crazy:


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My predicament with "THE 10 Commandments" [Re: Swami]
    #3710482 -

My ideology on Religion includes that of I enjoy and am content with Christ's teachings of love, and Jesus Christ as a person having the balls to stand up before butchering Crucifixion etc. but I Fucking anathematize and swear eternal hatred towards the pieces of shit know as Christians,church, and goddamn anti drug commercials.. There I said it I feel better now.


--------------------
I AM THAT I AM

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My predicament with "THE 10 Commandments" [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3710658 -

All are equally important according to most Judeo-Christian lore.


--------------------


Correlation is not causation!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My predicament with "THE 10 Commandments" [Re: Signo]
    #3712156 -

the bible makes me angry, yet I agree with a lot of it. I try to live by the 10 commandments, makes life go a little smoother. But the whole Jesus thing though.... thats another subject.


--------------------
"It's bad enough that you sell your waking life for minimum wage, but now they get your dreams for free."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My predicament with "THE 10 Commandments" [Re: Woland]
    #3713039 -

Woland said:
the bible makes me angry, yet I agree with a lot of it. I try to live by the 10 commandments, makes life go a little smoother. But the whole Jesus thing though.... thats another subject.



just curious, what you got against Jesus?


--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Ten Commandments -- based on Deception....?
( 1 2 all )
PhanTomCat 1,621 24 02/12/05 12:50 PM
by MarkostheGnostic
* The Ten Commandments
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Swami 2,126 60 12/03/04 03:18 PM
by Cyber
* Ten Commandments Phred 581 1 03/15/05 12:35 PM
by Psychoactive1984
* Ten Commandments (Revised) schmutzen 1,000 11 02/28/04 10:22 PM
by NariusFractal
* second commandment Atomisk 469 3 03/10/04 05:41 PM
by Alan Stone
* Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed SkorpivoMusterion 318 2 01/10/06 05:27 AM
by TameMe
* Base 10
( 1 2 all )
SpecialEd 3,213 29 02/04/04 11:09 PM
by Evolving
* 10% of brain usage myth
( 1 2 3 all )
Swami 6,681 57 10/09/01 08:51 AM
by Crobih

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,587 topic views. 1 members, 1 guests and 29 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 15 queries.