Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineIchor
Drug Mule
Loc: NJ Pits
Question about situps...
    #3644172 - 01/18/05 04:04 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

All my life i've been a pretty lean 150lbs. My muscles are well developed but the stomach I find lacking. I do about 50-100 situps a day but i still can't make a pack and I don't feel the sorness of a workout like i should. Anyone have any techniques they use personally that would help me out? And how many situps should be anoth for one day?

--------------------
Virginity like bubble, one prick, all gone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Re: Question about situps... [Re: Ichor]
    #3644238 - 01/18/05 04:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Try adding resistance. 

- Weighted crunches
- Russian twists
- Hanging leg raises
- Side bends (for core strength, I guess some people don't do them cause it takes away form that V shape, but I personally don't feel that is important - the V shape that is, core strength is very important)
- Barbell roll (or one of those wheel things - trust me, they may look easy, but try doing them straight leg :crazy: )

Those are just to name a few, there are many more ab exercises out there.  Also, a lot of the 6-pack is genetics and low body fat.  The abs are just like any other muscle, they need time to rest.  Don't work them every day, twice a week should be fine (if using resistance).

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

OfflineIchor
Drug Mule
Re: Question about situps... [Re: theocean06]
    #3644286 - 01/18/05 04:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thanx alot...your post was very helpful. Defiantly will try adding some resistance.

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3645170 - 01/18/05 07:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i found situps fucked my back up a lot....pain for a while afterwards.  i also found that suspending myself in the air and doing leg pull ups (dunno wha tthe name is) with weights strapped on made for a killer ab work out (and leg), without back pain.  this worked mainly for lower abs....makes for better sack time :wink:

that was a while ago, i dont work out anymore....im sure tehre are proper setups and whatnot for the thing im trying to describe.

still doesnt work, join a martial art....that will get you strong.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3645328 - 01/18/05 08:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It's all about pushups. :yesnod:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #3646422 - 01/18/05 10:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

make sure when you do situps you are not holding your hands behind your head.. that is very bad for your back and neck.. cross your hands on your chest and do quarter crunches or halfway.. alternately you can lay on your back with your hands tucked under your lower back and lift your legs up slow to vertical.. then down slow.. dont touch ground.. repeat till it burns like fuck, then do 10 more.. this is good for lower abs.. crunches good for upper abs.

--------------------

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
    #3646749 - 01/19/05 12:11 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

hmm, i do a variaty of ab excercises including leg lifts, leg raises (and holding for 20 seconds) and about 4 different types of crunches.

all in all, every other day i do approx. 500 "crunchs" or reps or what-have-yous.

I would be able to see a six-pack if i didnt drink so many six-packs, but i know my abs are pretty strong.

I guess the key to strong abs is a variety of different excercises and doing way more reps than the 50 - 100 situps per session you describe, IMO.

If you dont feel tha burn, you arent gonna reap any benefits.

Plus running really helps to define the abs as well.

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Question about situps... [Re: MrBump]
    #3646851 - 01/19/05 12:36 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

All of the previous suggestions are good. Another thing that you should know is that the abs are worked most effectively if the motion goes from about -15 degrees( like into the ground if you are doing a normal crunch) to about 45 degrees. Thus, the abs  can best be worked on one of those huge rubber balls or something similar. I'm what would be called a skinny guy and even with only about 3% body fat and fairly regular working out I've never had a true 6 pack. A four pack is visible when I flex the abs but the other two seem to be missing :shrug:. So i'd say as long as your stomach is flat you should be happy. Also the 'v' seems to be more important to attractiveness then a 6 pack so don't forget the obliques.

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
Re: Question about situps... [Re: Twister]
    #3647160 - 01/19/05 04:45 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

leg lifts,hold your legs about 6 inchs above the floor then raise to 9 inchs then 6 inchs back and forth never touching the floor.for about 10 minutes. feel the burn!

OfflineIchor
Drug Mule
Re: Question about situps... [Re: Cosm]
    #3648754 - 01/19/05 02:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Ive been trying it weighted hanging from a bar and im feeling alot more diffrence. Doing the floor situps were kill my tail bone.

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3648925 - 01/19/05 03:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, if you do floor situps and raise up more than a 30 degree angle you are no longer working your abs, you have brought your psoas muscles into play. (They are the ones that allow you to move your legs in towards your torso). You can hurt yourself or damage your lower back that way.

While we're talking about abs I may as well dispel another myth: (I know you probably know this, but many don't). You cannot spot reduce fat! So anyone out there wanting to get rid of the beer belly be aware that situps alone won't do the trick! You must exercise and diet and the fat will come off over your entire body gradually, including your midsection.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3648983 - 01/19/05 03:30 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Best way to develop your abs is to work on other parts of your body and then do a few sit ups each day. There is no need to do 500 crunches a day. In fact, if you can do that many you probably are not doing them right. Men's Health has one of the best systems for getting great abs.

http://shop.menshealth.com/webapp/wcs/st...tegory_rn=10477

check it out.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Question about situps... [Re: Supernova]
    #3650292 - 01/19/05 07:33 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Abs are made in the kitchen.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale