Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewind_song
random questions
    #362013 - 07/27/01 03:35 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i'm new to growing and i have some quick questions. because of space and time, i'll be doing the double end cased neglect tek with dunking. PF race

i just got my jars today. is it a good idea to wash the jars in hot soapy water before doing anything? some ppl even suggest bleach...is this all even necessary if the jars are brand new?

for the neglect tek, when it is time to birth/flip, what do you do about the dry verm layers? can u just get rid of it all, since the cake will be fully colonized and can defend itself so i would assume it doesn't need the dry verm layers anymore.

When you dunk, can you use the same jar that you grew in, or is it a better idea to use a different jar?

How well does birthing in a larger size jar (1 pt or quart jar) and doing invitro work?

and the last, final question...what is the fate of mycotopia? i hope it lives! it has been a tremendous help to me

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
Re: random questions [Re: wind_song]
    #362127 - 07/27/01 07:49 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

>i just got my jars today. is it a good idea to wash the jars in hot soapy water before doing anything? some ppl even suggest bleach...is this all even necessary if the jars are brand new?

unnessisary

>for the neglect tek, when it is time to birth/flip, what do you do about the dry verm layers? can u just get rid of it all, since the cake will be fully colonized and can defend itself so i would assume it doesn't need the dry verm layers anymore.

get rid of it or spray it good with water to make it a casing

> When you dunk, can you use the same jar that you grew in, or is it a better idea to use a different jar?

doesnt matter

>How well does birthing in a larger size jar (1 pt or quart jar) and doing invitro work?

as good as you can make it work

>and the last, final question...what is the fate of mycotopia? i hope it lives! it has been a tremendous help to me

i dont know

i may, fucking drop something natural somewhere and it might grow into another piece of shit like you. i dont recognize any of you fucking people, youre not real, you came out of comic books.

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

OfflineVitticeps
journeyman
Re: random questions [Re: wind_song]
    #362161 - 07/27/01 08:45 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

The fate of mycotopia is up in the air right now. No one has heard from hippie in about a week and the site is now gone completely. I hope to hear from him soon.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation