Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineyesNick
kitchy

Loc: Communist China
salvia as anti-depressant
    #3608704 - 01/10/05 04:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've seen two seperate posts now that talk about using salvia as an anti-depressant. I am very curious. Does anyone out there use salvia for this? How does it work? Is it just that the high takes anyway any drab feelings? What else?

:hug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: salvia as anti-depressant [Re: yesNick]
    #3609417 - 01/10/05 06:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

On higher doses of salvia I find that the trips can still tend to be pretty rough. But by myself, I pack a very big bowl of 10x, put on my ipod and pick a very good song, and take the hit. I find that the music distracts me and the peak is very latent, then after a few minutes it begins to pick up the pace and I'm left with extreme euphoria. Thoughts start to enter my mind very slowly, and before I realize it my mind's racing at a mile and minute.

Salvia trips with people around just seem to make things to wild. By yourself, in a dark room with really good tunes (Or basically anything that's really reassuring, I love reassurance when I trip) and I'd say that you'd have a good time. It's a really good tool, and if you go into the experience with a positive attitude then perhaps lady salvia will cut you a break too. It's so crazy, just not meant to be messed around with or abused.

I wouldn't say that it "takes" the bad feelings away. Using psychedelics with an attitude like that just spells disaster. Go into the experience and set the expectation that you're looking to better yourself, if at all possible. If not, then enjoy the wild trip. I wouldn't ever say that salvia's something that just induces euphoria like marijuana or alcohol can, it really depends on your mind set and surrounding. I'm sputtering the same things over and over, just basically set the one expectation that you're going to do salvia, you're not gonna be burnt and do it to get fucked up, and hope that you can learn something from the experience. Good luck, hope this post wasn't too lame

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3609463 - 01/10/05 07:02 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

go to the garden. talk to stone henge, and probably others. look at a thread called 5-htp griffonia somthing. its by me so you could also search for my threads in that forum. he talks about it in there. once i get my salvia collection going again im certainly trying it out.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #3613755 - 01/11/05 04:43 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well, some prefer to smoke a water pipe of Syrian Rue before the Sally to propel the magic spells.

It seems like a dream, finding inspiration and creativity, a connectedness that was unchained moments ago. Amazement and appreciation for life.

Write her a letter first.  In the letter, request her help in areas of your life, and offer her what you can---Love. 

To avoid seeming like a nag, count backwords from 30, when you get there,  your mind should be clear, without the requests begging for attention.  She is good medicene, a message or personal advice is given.  Let go of what's bothering you and see it from a different perspective.

Immediately after the experience write out the visions, and your interpretations of them.  Allow your subconscious to confront the conscious mind and deal with the issues in a way not otherwise possible. 

So one may feel a little differently for a few days after..Was it due to chemicals, vibrations, or electrical impulses???  Maybe she clears the way, for something great to happen... :tongue2:

Syrian Rue should not be taken by those on MAOIs or SSRIs.

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: salvia as anti-depressant [Re: schmutzen]
    #3614090 - 01/11/05 06:15 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Never tried salvia after taking some rue, nor have I had any fuzzy aftermath when dancing with lady salvia except for the very first time I did. Lots of friends do. And I always recommend smoking some good cannabis after. To me it's just so relaxing, familiar, and gives me lots of feelings of security and time to reminisce. Maybe I just have good salvia though, who knows.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

OfflineRazman
Stranger

Re: salvia as anti-depressant [Re: browndustin]
    #3614480 - 01/11/05 07:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Depends what your depressed from. If your depressed because your daily routines have become monotonous, then theres no better way of breaking routine than exploring your consiousness, whether it be entertaining or not..in my opinon..

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: salvia as anti-depressant [Re: Razman]
    #3614749 - 01/11/05 08:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

between 150 and 300 mics salvinorin smoked can be antidepressant unless I wanted visions.

350 - 450 mics salvinorin will bring some visions for ~ a minute some and elevated mood, then a minute later I am ready for action even if I was feeling depleted and low.

450 - 650 mics will have me writhing for a few minutes and seeing things followed by elevated mood.

any more than 650 mics salvinorin & I tend to stop tracking but feel really good in ~20 minutes.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
Re: salvia as anti-depressant [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3616843 - 01/12/05 05:54 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Salvia gives me a nice refreshing metaphorical bucket of water over the face. A little while after a small dose, I feel much more clear-headed than usual, and I'm a lot more motivated than I usually am to do things.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds