Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Aquarium Heater, Coir, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMikol
tripper
Pan Cyan Grow Questions
    #3597151 - 01/08/05 04:42 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well, the cubes are still going really well and I felt like finally tryin some blue meanies.

Got some quart jars of WBS which were soaked/simmered properly. Shot up with pan cyan spores and are incubating at ~84 F. Been incubating for 2 days only.

I plan on using a poo/verm substrate to spawn the wbs to once fully colonized. Question time. What's the best way to prep the poop/verm? I hear bake it, and I hear pressure cook it. Some use tin pans and use the oven and some use autoclavable bags and pressure cook it. So which is it? I would like to just use the oven because I don't have any bags to use. (I know I could buy some......)

Also, will coir/verm casing work? I like it for cubes, so it would be nice to use the same thing for pans.

Alright, stick with me here because I'm jumping ahead in the process to more questions. Fruiting conditions.... Setup is a martha style terrarium with coolmist and ultrasonic. Will the coolmist be enough air exchange for these pans? Another thing that I am worried about is that the temperature is going to be too low. Any options to bumpin up the temp in there? It's not a pmp, so I can't just stick an aquarium heater in there..........or can I somehow? Prove me wrong please. :smile:

(sigh....) That was a lot questions. Any help would be great. I'm hoping to have some success with this and I'm trying to be as prepared as possible. It's just that there so many articles/threads on this site. Too many methods to choose from.

ALL help and replies are greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mikol

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineblazedmonkey
Stranger
Re: Pan Cyan Grow Questions [Re: Mikol]
    #12140483 - 03/04/10 10:00 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Ah well the optimal thing to do would be pasteurize your poo. Cooking it in water at 160-170 degrees will kill a majority of the bad bacteria and mold but leave the good ones.

However it would work with sterilizing (higher temperature and PC)however it would be a breeding ground for other contams and you would have to be very sterile when spawning/incubating until the myc takes hold.

As for the casing i believe that would work although a good percentage of people doing pan cyan cultivations use peatmoss/verm

Im about to start a pan grow of my own :] and i pretty much have a setup exactly like yours (coir/verm/poo/wbs) so ill be following you closely

Invisibleprismism

Re: Pan Cyan Grow Questions [Re: Mikol] * 1
    #12140507 - 03/04/10 10:13 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

your methods seem a little old school.
you don't need to 'incubate' colonizing jars. and 84 degrees is too warm. don't go over 80F at the most.
prepare your manure and verm and get it to field capacity then put it all in bags or jars then pasteurize the bags or jars.
here is a link to my recent pan grow. i was fruiting in 60 degree temperatures since it is winter here.

--------------------
ephemeral anomalous

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Aquarium Heater, Coir, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation