Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMikol
tripper
Pan Cyan Grow Questions
    #3597151 - 01/08/05 02:42 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Well, the cubes are still going really well and I felt like finally tryin some blue meanies.

Got some quart jars of WBS which were soaked/simmered properly. Shot up with pan cyan spores and are incubating at ~84 F. Been incubating for 2 days only.

I plan on using a poo/verm substrate to spawn the wbs to once fully colonized. Question time. What's the best way to prep the poop/verm? I hear bake it, and I hear pressure cook it. Some use tin pans and use the oven and some use autoclavable bags and pressure cook it. So which is it? I would like to just use the oven because I don't have any bags to use. (I know I could buy some......)

Also, will coir/verm casing work? I like it for cubes, so it would be nice to use the same thing for pans.

Alright, stick with me here because I'm jumping ahead in the process to more questions. Fruiting conditions.... Setup is a martha style terrarium with coolmist and ultrasonic. Will the coolmist be enough air exchange for these pans? Another thing that I am worried about is that the temperature is going to be too low. Any options to bumpin up the temp in there? It's not a pmp, so I can't just stick an aquarium heater in there..........or can I somehow? Prove me wrong please. :smile:

(sigh....) That was a lot questions. Any help would be great. I'm hoping to have some success with this and I'm trying to be as prepared as possible. It's just that there so many articles/threads on this site. Too many methods to choose from.

ALL help and replies are greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mikol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblazedmonkey
Stranger
Re: Pan Cyan Grow Questions [Re: Mikol]
    #12140483 - 03/04/10 08:00 AM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Ah well the optimal thing to do would be pasteurize your poo. Cooking it in water at 160-170 degrees will kill a majority of the bad bacteria and mold but leave the good ones.

However it would work with sterilizing (higher temperature and PC)however it would be a breeding ground for other contams and you would have to be very sterile when spawning/incubating until the myc takes hold.

As for the casing i believe that would work although a good percentage of people doing pan cyan cultivations use peatmoss/verm

Im about to start a pan grow of my own :] and i pretty much have a setup exactly like yours (coir/verm/poo/wbs) so ill be following you closely

Invisibleprismism
 User Gallery

Re: Pan Cyan Grow Questions [Re: Mikol] * 2
    #12140507 - 03/04/10 08:13 AM (14 years, 28 days ago)

your methods seem a little old school.
you don't need to 'incubate' colonizing jars. and 84 degrees is too warm. don't go over 80F at the most.
prepare your manure and verm and get it to field capacity then put it all in bags or jars then pasteurize the bags or jars.
here is a link to my recent pan grow. i was fruiting in 60 degree temperatures since it is winter here.

--------------------
ephemeral anomalous

Offlinekingkc
enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: Pan Cyan Grow Questions [Re: prismism]
    #24271182 - 04/25/17 04:58 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

The web has tons and tons of " ways " to prep poo, yet who can you go to for a straight up answer when most of the population , that is to say , a good number of your fellow web surfers are only able to feel good if they lie?
  However you are in luck as I am here to answer your question .
First off use horse dung or elk or moose or donkey or elephant or zebra or sheep .
Leach the stuff by letting it sit in a bucket with about 1/4 cup of bleach mixed into the water. You want to get your hands dirty to break up all the dry chunks of doo. Let that stuff sit for a while, but make sure you get all the clumps of dung broken up , as field collected dung is kind of hard; then just let that sit for a while. Overnight is good.
Drain well with a strainer. then boil some water and pour that over the strained dung and allow to cool .
No muss or fuss just a sort of small mess. One pile of filth at a time.
Add your spawn to the dung and using ungloved hands mix it well a fistful at a time . Do that from the bucket into your tray/tub.
done .

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Pan Cyan Grow Questions [Re: kingkc]
    #24271188 - 04/25/17 05:00 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

this post is 7 years old. good advice tho.

make sure to keep your poo at 140-150f for an hour.:thumbup:

Offline99.99
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Pan Cyan Grow Questions [Re: kingkc]
    #24271193 - 04/25/17 05:02 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

If you are going to take an agar selection to fruiting (as opposed to multispore) aside from selecting for robust uniform growth, noc grain jars with ~3 different agar selections because each selection will have different genetics. Some phenotypes will be more prone to overlay the case while others won't. Some will have higher psilocin content than others; this way you won't have all your eggs in one basket.

The fastest way to get to uniform growth is to streak the plate with spores from a print rather than putting the spores in one spot.

Simple subs- Horse poo/coir/verm (70/20/10) work at least as well as complex subs and are less prone to contamination. IMO- environmental conditions for fruiting are more important to yield than complex sub recipes.

JAM seems to like relatively high temperatures for fruiting, 79F->85F works well for me. When I tried to fruit them at 72-75F all I got was overlay.

OfflineCriticalQ
Loc: Micronesia
Re: Pan Cyan Grow Questions [Re: Mikol]
    #28073847 - 11/28/22 11:26 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

That has to be a troll. IDK why else he'd keep insisting to use your bare hands with bleach.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags