Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
*CONTEST* best humidity tek
    #356569 - 07/17/01 10:37 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

i hate using perlite and i dont know what else there is to use. i will be using a 10 gallon aquarium, so i wont be able to drill it. i will be able to put a hole in the lid though. i also have a large tupperware container but i cant find an airtight lid. now for the contest part! whoever gives me the best way to make humidity (without perlite) will get to know that they helped me out!!!!!!! ha!!! i tricked you. now post! whoever gives me good ways i will keep youre names and pm you if anything comes up (like if i got anything usefull to give away) dont get angry!! if you dont want to participate then thats okay!!

just because you stick feathers up youre butt does not make you a chicken.

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: *CONTEST* best humidity tek [Re: aluminum_can]
    #356578 - 07/17/01 10:53 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Put a fish tank heater in a jar of water. You can use it to regulate temp and humidity.

Fish tank bubbler in a jar of water. You put the air stone into the jar of water, maybe fill with plastic scrubbin wool(like steel wool just plastic) to trap air bubbles longer adding more humidity. You can also filter the air coming into the terr. by putting the air pump in a seperate sealed container that has holes cut and covered with a filter for air. This raises humidity slightly (not much) and provides gas exchange.

Misting (for casings). Mist the sides of the aquarium a couple times a day, usually after fanning. Keeps casing humid enough, but requires more effort on your part.

Theres more but I'm tired of posting.

I don't care about jack shit, I just wanna pick my nose!!!
------Jonny Socko

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Invisiblewind_wraith
veteran
Re: *CONTEST* best humidity tek [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #356580 - 07/17/01 10:58 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

What's wrong with perlite?  It's easier than just about everything else and it works great.  Just my two cents :tongue:

I am a figment of my own imagination
http://go.to/FreeSporeRing

--------------------
I am a figment of my own imagination
http://go.to/FreeSporeRing

OfflinePlowKing
enthusiast
Loc: 345Rotting Street, Hell
Re: *CONTEST* best humidity tek [Re: wind_wraith]
    #356599 - 07/18/01 12:01 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

no shit eh.. perilite rocks. whats wrong with you?

Avid Acrid Jam Shred

--------------------
Avid Acrid Jam Shred

OfflineMNmyc
enthusiast

Loc: MN
    #356608 - 07/18/01 12:28 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Move to my neighborhood, the dewpoint is going to be 90 today.

This excerpt and all characters contained within are entirely fictional...
Support the FSR and Micron Magic

--------------------
Life is what happens while you're making other plans...

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #356616 - 07/18/01 01:10 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

dear aluminum,
most of this hobby is to do self-research ya know....
i have one for you...

what can you do?

im not trying to be a dick, but this hobby isnt given.

~fortyounces2freedom~ & ~disconnectedhaze~

Support the FSR!!

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
    #356635 - 07/18/01 01:51 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

i learned to grow shrooms way before i even knew about the shroomery!! MOST of the questions that i ask are for future reference (thats why thyre so stupid) and dont even matter right now, but some (like this one) are stuff that i want to know, i pretty much want to know a good setup either using a cool mist/ultrasonic humidifier, or fish bubblier. i figure that smart shroom growers like yourselves would know that thats what i meant and just answer. i hate perlite becuase i can never get the water right and it is super messy!

--------------------

InvisibleMcMan
Pooh-Bah
Loc: USA
Post deleted by users_request [Re: aluminum_can]
    #356655 - 07/18/01 03:00 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Re: *CONTEST* best humidity tek [Re: McMan]
    #356797 - 07/18/01 01:17 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

sorry mcman, i dont have a digital camera and i dont have $150 to go buy one for myself. i fit all the other requirements (just innoculated 9 brf cakes and 3 finch cakes 3 days ago with pes hawian spores). if you could ship a digital camera with it that will also be shipped back with the hydro-pod, then im youre man, but theres probably around 50 people out there that do have digital cameras and would be better for the experiment. why dont you just try it yourself? ya, i always hated that layer of (looks and feels like sugar) that was always at the bottom of the perlite. the water was always dirty too and it left a bad smell in my aquarium : ( i already bought a fish bubblier (that i used in my last cultivation) but i dont think it brought the humidity up. i noticed that so what id do is id put it in when the perlite got low on water and since the lid had to be tilted for it to go in it would get some nice fresh air going through.

--------------------

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

#356805 - 07/18/01 01:45 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

i learned to grow shrooms way before i even knew about the shroomery!! MOST of the questions that i ask are for future reference (thats why thyre so stupid) and dont even matter right now

"do i really need a pressure cooker?"

come on dude!! you were given a head, use it!!!
and if you have been cultivating for a long time,
you would know why you need a pressure cooker.

will rye flakes work like rye berries?

is this an advanced mushroom cultivation question?

i figure that smart shroom growers like yourselves would know that thats what i meant and "just answer"

yes master.... 
people get smart cause they do their homework, & obviously you havent done your homework.
do we get paid to answer your questions? no, we answer your questions because we want to.,
not because we have to.
you even realize that no one wants to answer your stupid questions, so what do you do?

you post a topic:*CONTEST* best humidity tek

so when they click on your post they get this:
ha!!! i tricked you
using tretchery to get some answers?
you want answers?
CLICK HERE!
youll get all the answers you'll need.

im not trying to be a dick, -but-
-if you ask stupid questions, you get stupid answers-

:smile:have a nice day:)

Support the FSR!!

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Re: *CONTEST* best humidity tek [Re: 40oz]
    #356820 - 07/18/01 02:29 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

a young friend of mine got me into it. he told me where to go to get the stuff (brf and verm) and told me that sporechicks is a good supplier of spores. i bought some and did everything he said. soon i started looking at websites, bought a kit and went through some other shit, and then i heard about the shroomery. as a link on a website (not sure which one) and then i started posting. i had cultivated shrooms without any help of the shroomery but when i went on i was still a begginner. i know alot about growing shrooms compared to most of the people on this website, but then theres some people that know way more than i do. i am sorry that i wasnt asking perfectly adequate questions, but ive heard some really dumb questions also, alot dumber then mine!! i think youre taking this the wrong way, i bet youve asked atleast a few dumb questions before. thanks for the search thing, i never even knew about that!! it will be better to use that becuase then i wont have to wait for people to reply and i wont get insulted. i am sooooooo sorry that i caused you any bit of anger, and i will never to it again mommy. but i really am thankful for that search thing you showed me.

--------------------

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
    #356850 - 07/18/01 03:55 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

i think ill just go buy a cool mister or an ultra sonic humidifier and make my own setup. i think i can handle because ive had experience making home made, dual chamber, three man hookas, out of plastic folgers coffe can and a bong out of a flower vase =) i would really like to know how to make a good setup with a fish bubblier though since i already acquired one. i am thinking of making a setup with my aquarium using a small ultrasonic humidifier and testing the fish bubblier setup in a styrofoam cooler. i will keep you posted on how it goes, but it will be a while since i just innoculated 3 days ago. i dont know why im worrying about it now? does anyone know how long it takes for micro majic filter disks to come, im thinking of ordering some, but i dont want to wait. i am also thinking of doing more studies on my vacuum cleaner bag setup, where you use a piece of a vacuum cleaner bag as a filter disk. they are supposedely like 99.99 percent filtration of of air or something. and theyre really thick, and you can get them anywhere. htye might not filter as good as the micro majic but its probably better than a loose lid and will colonize faster too.

--------------------

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

#357094 - 07/19/01 01:01 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

. i am sooooooo sorry that i caused you any bit of anger, and i will never to it again mommy. but i really am thankful for that search thing you showed me.

no anger here at all...:)

and i will never to it again mommy

LOL!!

but i really am thankful for that search thing you showed me
no prob! :smile:

people here will respect you, if you respect the community.
but ~anyways~
perlite is the most efficient way of humidification, its also the the cheapest.  perlite is only messy if you let it be messy.
if its the smell that is bugging you, that is the result of bacteria.
to remedy the smell/bacteria, use hydrogine peroxide. ( H2o2)
its only like $ 0.50 a bottle, im pretty sure you what it is, and you may already have it in your bathroom.
pour a good "glug-glug" down each wall of your chamber.

i dont recommend using vaccuum bags on your jars because the paper is really thick, it may get moldy from the moisture, and you dont want that at all!

i suggest putting masking tape over the holes until the jars get 50% colonized, remove the tape and place your jars back, but lid-side down., if you do it right, & depending on the strain, youll have fully colonized jars in 14 days.

i hope i helped you out a lil bit.

Support the FSR!!

--------------------

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

OfflineOdd_Snail
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #357100 - 07/19/01 01:14 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

k. I'd say the best way to humidify is to hire an experienced person to do it for you.

He who stands on a toilet is high on pot.
He who goes to be with itchy bum wakes up with smelly fingers, and
He who goes to bed with itchy dick,...well I just won't go there.

--------------------
Darlene: "Ted, I got you this new nose plug to stop you from snoring at night."
Ted: "Uh yeah, and I got you this paper bag to stop you from looking like James Brown in the Morning."
Darlene: "Oh come now, I don't look anything like James Brown."
Ted: "Hey kids, who does your mom look like in the morning?"
Kids... in unison: "James Brown!"
Darlene, "All right, thats enough... It's poison spaghetti for dinner tonight."

OfflineALDER_057
addict

#357103 - 07/19/01 01:23 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

If you want the humidity that perilite has to offer but not the mess then get panty hose and stuff it full of perlite and tie a knot in the open end. Soak and it is ready.....getting old and worried about contam then soak it in H20/H202. It is easy to break down your terarrium if you need to take things apart "quick"......just pull out the panty hose and toss 'em before the man comes on in.
alder
p.s. if the panty hose are to thin then tie a knot in the end and use the excess to double back over and then tie a new knot in the other end.

FREE SPORE RING
Micron Magick
Drug Dealing & Trading Forum

Edited by ALDER_057 on 07/19/01 02:25 AM.

--------------------

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Re: *CONTEST* best humidity tek [Re: ALDER_057]
    #357115 - 07/19/01 01:49 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

alder, that is a very odd looking setup...
coolmist & perlite?
are those cakes stacked upon eachother?
how are they being supported?
..they look like they are hovering....
and the panty hose trick....thats pretty ingenious of you...
sounds like it works great...maybe i should try it....

Support the FSR!!

--------------------

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

OfflineALDER_057
addict

#358455 - 07/21/01 06:15 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

The p.v.c. on the left of the unit was for a bubbler but it was to loud so afoaf went with the panty hose. there are 5 cakes stacked and held together with bbq skewers and the small horizontal p.v.c. pipes near the bottom of the container have small holes to support the skewers. People call this the "bulk cake tek"
IT WILL GIVE YOU CRAZY FUCKING YEILDS IN SMALL SPACES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
got a pound and a half from 2 rubbermaids back in the day and they were filled with a total of 264 cakes (1/2 pint)...thats 22 boxes.
alder

FREE SPORE RING
Micron Magick

Edited by ALDER_057 on 07/21/01 07:17 PM.

--------------------

Offlinemarx2k
journeyman

Loc: Midwest
    #358467 - 07/21/01 06:50 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I have a fish tank heater (8", 100W) in a 2-liter bottle of water (cut at the point where it begins tapering in)... under that heater lies an airstone with air pumped into it via 20 gal air pump. For a 75 gallon container it keeps things at ~90% humidity, 90F. No perlite used. No mess. Just gotta towel up the excess water on the bottom of the terarrium every so often. Id say this is the BEST method of doing things. THE BEST. No worries about standing stale water, no worries about getting o2 into your terrarium.

"If I don't wash for 30 days, will mushrooms grow in my armpits? I think it's much easier that way than knocking up some jars" - Steven Shteyn

--------------------
Alright alright

Offlinefruers
Loc: nsw, australia
Re: *CONTEST* best humidity tek [Re: ALDER_057]
    #358469 - 07/21/01 06:59 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

That pantyhose idea is awesome, think i'm gonna use that one myself, are you generating all that humidity with just the perlite pantyhose?

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
    #358517 - 07/21/01 08:47 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

i just stole a really good ultrasonic humidifier from Big K-Mart! it looks liuke it will work great!! the mist is really small and and it puts out alot. i will set everything up and when i get a hygrometer and tell you what my the results are.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds