Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
WARNING! HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE - NO ENTHEOGENS * 1
    #3564660 - 12/31/04 09:21 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

This won't apply to a majority of Shroomerites, but this Shroomerite has had hypertension (high blood pressure) for ten years. One pill a day kept it at a normal 120/80, but recently my congenital mitral valve prolapse (heart murmur) has become symptomatic. I noticed light-headedness on two occasions and my heart beat has become noticeable. My blood pressure has gone up as high as 159/96. I've taken my BP on mushrooms and on MDMA. Both elevate the BP significantly. It would be dangerous and reckless at this point (today's BP was 137/96 and a bit later 133/92) to take mushrooms. This upsets me because sustained high BP is destructive of the blood vessels. Technically, I could have a stroke or heart attack if pressure increased significantly from today's baseline.

Lots of people have hypertension, even in their 30's, and never know it. We don't think about conditions we don't feel, so when I first took my pressure with an electric finger cuff device some 10 years ago, and it registered 151/90, I returned the device thinking it was inaccurate. Actually, I was in denial. That was when my physician started me on meds and told me to cut my Friday night pizza habit to twice a month. Hopefully the new Beta-blocker med will work in time (even with higher doses), but in the meantime, no Entheogenic Excursions  :sad:

I hope the rest of you have healthier and happier New Year celebrations, and if you are not aware of the fact that 'shrooms are stimulants; if you ever feel a band of pressure around your head or heart palpitations during usage, then have someone check your BP during a trip. I bought an electronic self-inflating cuff, but I used a 16$ Walgreens sphygmomanometer with stethoscope for years (they're usually a few mm less than your physician's read-out, but useful anyway). Childhood's end came for me long ago, but you guys are maturing and you need to become aware of the potential downside of tripping. Peace and health in the New Year.  :mushroom2:
-MtG

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: WARNING! HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE - NO ENTHEOGENS [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3565085 - 12/31/04 11:40 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

wow good info man. thanx

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Offlineballs
thats right
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: WARNING! HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE - NO ENTHEOGENS [Re: sui]
    #3565586 - 12/31/04 01:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I have noticed that before during the heat of a bad trip...but I calmed myself and it went away...but now I know to look out for it..thanks

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: WARNING! HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE - NO ENTHEOGENS [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3565667 - 12/31/04 02:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

that's sad to hear. i hope you can get your bp stabilized at a normal level and i am glad you are paying such attention to things wich may affect your health.
good luck,
peace,
concrete.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract