Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegrayswan
Stranger
Anyone receive any compromised syringes from Hawks Eye?
    #3524293 - 12/20/04 03:15 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I inoculated a dozen jars (BRF/Verm) with a with one of Hawks Ecuador syringes about 10 days ago. While there is plenty of mycelium in each jar there is also dozens of light green spots in the areas of the mycelium. These have been developing only in area where the mycelium has spread to. This is the first time I've had a mold problem in the half dozen or so times I've been at this so far. I always pressure cook at 15 - 20 PSI for 60 minutes and I observed the same precautions. Two or three jars with a few mold spots, I wouldn't think anything. These dozen jars look like I was trying to grow mold. seeing as the mold is only in spots the inoculation could have carried it I can only surmise that the syringe was the problem. I even used an alcohol lamp between jars to decontaminate the tip.

So... anyone have any problems with Hawk's spores, particularly the Ecuadors?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecardinalgreen
Cardinal Green
Loc: USA
Re: Anyone receive any compromised syringes from Hawks Eye? [Re: grayswan]
    #3524325 - 12/20/04 03:32 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Yes! Numerous times and had more contamination's with EQs. than any others. He will replace them free however... had 100% better results with RALPHSTERSPORES.

Offlinesunofogun
the nextcastaneda

Re: Anyone receive any compromised syringes from Hawks Eye? [Re: cardinalgreen]
    #3524471 - 12/20/04 04:32 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i never had any problems before, they are my place to go, but last week i had a cambodian that they gave me... and .... all jars got contaminated. only explanation i can find it was the syringe, but they are pretty cool theyll probably replace it:)

--------------------
I want something good to die for -- to make it beautiful to live - a new mistake - lose is more than hesitates QOTSA

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #3524559 - 12/20/04 04:58 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

The PROPER place to take up matters like this is with the VENDOR, in pm or em.

All Shroomary vendors are reputable. Otherwise, the would not, nor could not be sponsors here.

A newbie can contaminate a clean syringe, faster than they ask novice questions on this board. Which is multiples per minute. :confused:

Often shit happens & it is NO FAULT of a vendor. :shocked:

But, vendors most often make things right, no matter the circumstance. :thumbup:

Why don't you em - pm the vendor. :smirk:

Instead of bad mouthing him here - first.

Just the wise thing to DO :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinegrayswan
Stranger
Re: Anyone receive any compromised syringes from Hawks Eye? [Re: agar]
    #3525203 - 12/20/04 07:56 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Actually if you read my post you'd see that I wasn't actually accusing Hawks Eye of anything but rather asking if anyone else had had any problems with contaminated syringes. My purpose in doing so, as I think everyone else that responded could see, was to ascertain what could have happened to destroy a whole set of jars when my methods had kept me infection free since I'd begun this venture. Yes I whole heartedly admit that my problem could me my own and NOT the vendors. However from the responses I've received I think I should take it up with the vendor, which I have, by inquiring whether or not they'd received any other complaints of contaminated syringes or not and if so how they would remedy the situation, as they are my favorite place to procure spores thus far and I would like to continue giving them my buisness.

Thanks for your advice, Agar but, while I completely understand what you are trying to say, I think don't quite think it applies in this case. Take care.

OfflineEuphoricDisaster
CultivationProdigy

Loc: Where the good times roll...
    #3525364 - 12/20/04 09:12 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I had ordered 2 cam. syringes from him, both contammed. i just e-mailed him and told him my batch number, and he replaced those for free, with some extra syringes. hes a cool cat, he understands they make mistakes. if your batch number matches up with any other complaints, they will be replaced.

--------------------

-------------------------------------------------
Prying open My "Third Eye"--Bill Hicks, Also Tool

Offlinesunofogun
the nextcastaneda

Re: Anyone receive any compromised syringes from Hawks Eye? [Re: EuphoricDisaster]
    #3525474 - 12/20/04 10:08 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i want to say im sorry i wasnt trying to bad mouth those guys:) i just wanted to let them know its not a big problem and those guys are reliable, its still the only place i go!! i would be nothing without them! ha ha

--------------------
I want something good to die for -- to make it beautiful to live - a new mistake - lose is more than hesitates QOTSA

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation