Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
A Place
    #3515655 -

There is a place I remember, as if from a long forgotten dream. Perhaps it was a real place from my childhood, or perhaps the place I remember is only an association my mind has made with the void. In any event, in my minds eye I see it as a physical place...a place with structure and definitely a place that can and must exist here on earth.

To be specific, it is a small courtyard surounded on all sides by walls. There is a small lawn in the middle and sandstone brick planters containing pruned shrubs and flowers.

The center of this courtyard is the center of the universe. Time stands still there. Nothing exists beyond the walls. The courtyard contains all...it is the earths reflection of the cosmos above. A physical mandala representing the axis of all existence.

Sometimes I will see a piece of brick here or a patch of grass there and the memory will return unbidden, filling me with astounding peace and for a moment...just a fleeting eternal moment...I am there again as if I have never left.

I think I might just build it myself on top of the hill behind my house. I know if I do it will be a powerful place for me.

Do you remember a place like this? Have you seen glimpses of a place long forgotten, a place where you were completely at rest? A place where all is one and there is no need for desire? It need not be a courtyard like I described. Perhaps it is a nook in a stone wall or a rock outcropping with a view of a vast green valley below or the end of an alleyway with rusty dumpsters...

Have you seen it too?

Maybe I can extend that courtyard and place all of creation within its walls.


--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Place [Re: Source]
    #3515921 -

Mmmmmmmmmmm what an inspiration you have for yourself there Source. There is something about beautiful gardens with stone architecture that grab me hard. I think my affinity for them IS reminiscent of an ancient time and place here on earth that was/is quite special.

Perhaps we are inspired in memory of that same place in time.

I hope you do recreate the vision for yourself. It would be a great place for meditation, reflection, creative inspiration, solitude, appreciation, and to rejuvenate!

Post pictures if you do it.

P.S. There were many water fountains there, don't forget one. :yesnod:


--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Place [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3516007 -

Yes, yes! Water is key!

I love nature as it is. But when we use our creativity in cooperation with nature (sky above and earth below) I think it is possible to create a space that expresses the divine even more eloquently than nature alone. There aren't enough places like that! Some cemetaries come close.

Damn! I'm feeling a strong compulsion to build it. It will be a lot of work, but it would be sweet to bring a dream into actualization. And, yeah, I have no doubt that just entering into the space would bring me right into the center of it all...right to the begining/ending. Perfect for meditation, etc.

I think it may be helpful for others as well, even if it wasn't exactly thier dream.

I know that it isn't 'necesary'. I know that I don't 'need' to be in that place to find eternity. But still...bringing into physical, external manifestation something that represents eternity internally would be a kind of exercise in reconciling the outer and inner into one reality. To sit in the courtyard would be to inhabit both worlds.

Well, if it becomes a reality I will certainly show you pictures Jiggy!


--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Place [Re: Source]
    #3516021 -

you have to stand in the middle of stonehenge.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Place [Re: curious4]
    #3516028 -

I have often thought about doing just that. Have you done it? If so, what did it feel like?


--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Place [Re: Source]
    #3516043 -

no I have not gone there but I feel that I should and appearently you do to.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Place *DELETED* [Re: curious4]
    #3516047 -

Post deleted by curious4

Reason for deletion: ?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Place [Re: curious4]
    #3516062 -

Cool, I will reply in the thread you posted...


--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Place [Re: Source]
    #3516404 -

Every time I build such a place in my mind it's immediately torn down by others. Or did I tear it down?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Place [Re: ]
    #3516678 -

yes you tore it down because you are the others.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Place [Re: curious4]
    #3516737 -

I remember this place and recognize it when others build it.
I hope you enjoy the struggle as you return home.
until then you are an ambassador, after you do build it or find it you will be an innkeeper or guest, and more.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is there a link between inspiration and happiness?
( 1 2 all )
moog 1,916 27 11/07/08 01:54 PM
by WhiskeyClone
* expression vs inspiration SneezingPenis 1,363 11 02/24/07 07:18 AM
by mr_kite
* Who or what inspires you?
( 1 2 all )
subliciouscompostV 2,172 35 11/09/10 05:12 PM
by subliciouscompost
* Inspiring Experience CeeThruMeer 388 3 07/11/05 01:43 AM
by Icelander
* Inspired by the oil spill topic.
( 1 2 3 all )
Icelander 2,991 50 05/09/10 07:27 AM
by Parkseerf
* My Epiphany - My Life. Divine Inspiration?
( 1 2 3 all )
daimyo 2,422 42 09/28/05 10:39 PM
by daimyo
* Philosophers, favourites and those that inspire your thought
( 1 2 3 all )
flangenips 4,405 40 03/06/09 04:17 PM
by andrewss
* A little Aboriginal Inspiration
( 1 2 all )
Lat3ralus 2,343 23 10/11/08 08:33 AM
by redgreenvines

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
647 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 26 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.