Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePlowKing
enthusiast
Loc: 345Rotting Street, Hell
Thick Mycelium
    #344543 - 06/19/01 05:42 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

My jars are still not moving past 95 % colonization. However, I noticed that The mycelium near the last part colonized is starting grow very very thick upon itself. Almost triple what it is on other parts of the jar. Is this a sign that I should birth them? Would it be ok to case them still at 95 % or should I cut off the un-colonized part

Avid Acrid Jam Shred

--------------------
Avid Acrid Jam Shred

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePlowKing
enthusiast
Loc: 345Rotting Street, Hell
Re: Thick Mycelium [Re: PlowKing]
    #344649 - 06/19/01 07:51 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Pls. I Really Need Help With This... :/

Avid Acrid Jam Shred

--------------------
Avid Acrid Jam Shred

OfflineNagual
enthusiast

Loc: nyc, USA
    #344739 - 06/19/01 09:50 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

The clock is ticking...
Im a total newbie but Id tell you to be patient. Is there any
reason you can't wait? If not just let the process unfold at
it's own pace.

o0O)}>I seem to be a verb<{(O0o
the FSR is groovalicious
!!Crobih is my founder of the Shroomery!!

Edited by Nagual on 06/19/01 11:52 PM.

--------------------
.....___^___
....(_______)
........|...|Free
...__ /.../..Spore
...|___ / .....Ring

Offlinesherminator
Flying Saucer Tour
 User Gallery
Loc: Elliot Bay
Re: Thick Mycelium [Re: Nagual]
    #344777 - 06/19/01 10:49 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Assuming I understand your substrate correctly (brown rice and verm right???) or even if you might be using something slightly different....the rule of thumb is (or at least I have noticed) don't let your soon to be cakes pull away from the jar walls. That is, if it begins to shrink and pull away.....have a big phat b-day!!! These are the areas that also have water build up as well right?? I would also bet that if you birth the cake, that area which shrank the MOST will end up as a dead layer of mycelium upon the cakes..... (ie. the tripled up layer you proposed) Not in CONCRETE though....just what a practicing mycologist has noticed once or twice... At times I have just sliced the area which does not colonize off...like you said 95% huh? Well, that's a fine batting avg!! Sometimes a straight double ended technique is order for this....hope this helped a bit :) BTW=what strains you got cooking??? PM me.......

YES, I KNOW ROCKSTEADY!!!

--------------------
Stop watering your lawn.  You can't eat it, it doesn't get you high and it probably doesn't belong in your region of the country anyway.  Precious grass lawns

OfflineGulf_Shroomer
Tastes LikeChicken

#344818 - 06/19/01 11:50 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

hey, plowking, yes, case them.... just get a sterile knife, and cut the part that is not colonized, and case them! i had green mold on my cake before i cased them just recently, all i did was burn it, and cut the contam off. and cased it as if it were a 100% colonized cake. i used NO sterilization on my casing, and i now have at least 35 nice looking pins, with NO conamination!

good luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------
Abandon All Ye Hope... For Hell Is An Obstruction Of all Reason...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order